FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contracts (merged)

CaleyP

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even if it is true i am not that shocked. butcher doesn't rate him and its his team that he is building for next year.

he has been over-hyped this season, he had a couple of good games but to claim he is our only quality player is ludicrous. probably a mistake to let him go, but he obviously didn't show enough to make butcher care enough.

butcher didnt give Vigurs one game, so there was no chance given for the player to prove himself.

even if it is true i am not that shocked. butcher doesn't rate him and its his team that he is building for next year.

he has been over-hyped this season, he had a couple of good games but to claim he is our only quality player is ludicrous. probably a mistake to let him go, but he obviously didn't show enough to make butcher care enough.

The lad has an under 19 Scottish cap... He has never let the side down once - whether coming off the bench or on from the start...

You just don't kick players like that out the door....

CaleyP - tell him from me, that this will probably end up being a good move for him - wherever he goes.

rory got an u21 cap or two did he not?

not saying he aint good but he aint as good as some on here are saying

Who do we have that's any better? Not f****n Mr Invisible Roy McBain!!!!

I agree Vigurs should stay hes our most promising young player & from what ive seen

Far better quality then some who got starts ahead of him !

Could things get any worse :lol:

As fans we generally only see/hear one side of the story. Has Ian shown the right attitude when TB overlooked him? Who knows. If this decision is genuine, I don't think it has been made for his lack of potential.

butcher made it clear that any player who showed in training that he wanted a game would get one.

vigurs didn't do so.

so staying behind after training and going to the gym longer than any of his team mates is lack of showing commitment is it?

The next few days/weeks are going to very difficult.

Surely to God the board/DoF/management team owe the support some kind of an explanation as to their intentions and just how they propose to proceed from here.

Does Butcher rather older exp players than young ones??? Hopefully we can hold on to Wood and Duff

Duff has a year left but wood was released yesterday.

This is incorrect as Duff contract ended at the end of this season as well

Does Butcher rather older exp players than young ones??? Hopefully we can hold on to Wood and Duff

Duff has a year left but wood was released yesterday.

This is incorrect as Duff contract ended at the end of this season as well

duff signed a two year deal as did dale when they made the move up this season.

if he was doing so much caleyp then he just aint got it to cut it at either spl or 1st div level.

how do you know so much anyway?

I know him and most of the team as friends. Can i just ask why is it you are the only person on this forum that thinks this about Vigurs?

seriously, not saying i don't think he could be a good player one day, but butcher clearly didn't think so.

he's only the first of many to be leaving the club, and if he leaves and we are able to keep morais/kerr at the club then thats a good bit of business by my reckoning.

seriously, not saying i don't think he could be a good player one day, but butcher clearly didn't think so.

he's only the first of many to be leaving the club, and if he leaves and we are able to keep morais/kerr at the club then thats a good bit of business by my reckoning.

well it is clear butcher does not see him in his future plans, however, it's the opinion of one person and unfortunately he just happens to be the manager. I wouldn't be suprised though if you see vigurs at a SPL club next season. i must admit you are the only person i have ever talked to that doesn't rate Vigurs as a player.

if he was doing so much caleyp then he just aint got it to cut it at either spl or 1st div level.

how do you know so much anyway?

I know him and most of the team as friends. Can i just ask why is it you are the only person on this forum that thinks this about Vigurs?

Fancies himself as a new Jim Traynor , if you say white he'll say black to try and be controversial .

nah i just keep in check with reality.

you're not telling me you'd rather have vigurs over kerr or morais?

plus, jim traynor? national newspaper column doesn't sound too bad to me.

well your not really doing a good job in keeping in check with reality if you think we will keep those players are you now? anyway it's not a choice between these players they all could stay and play in different positions so i would want all of them. but with the aforementioned i rate vigurs higher than kerr. this is my own opinion and what i think.

I always saw Vigurs as a player destined to fill Blackie's boots next season...

Me too. Central midfield is his position but he had to play wide left to get a game.

Just really don't understand the thinking behind this one and it doesn't inspire me with much confidence for the season ahead. :lol:

Would have liked to have kept Vigurs on he had the potential to be a good player for us.

Good luck Iain wherever you end up.

Just like the majority of our youth products we have kept you hanging on and ditched you onto the scrapheap. Why do we even have a youth development if we are never going to give anybody a chance!