FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gordon Strachan Sacked

Guest Mahonio

I think most people would rather be manager of an English Premiership team and survive there, than be manager of a mediocre Scottish team who never get anywhere in European competition.

Hardly mediocre !! Remind me , who were the first Brittish team to win the European Cup ?

Who cares if they were the first British team to win the European Cup, that was years ago.

I think most people would rather be manager of an English Premiership team and survive there, than be manager of a mediocre Scottish team who never get anywhere in European competition.

Hardly mediocre !! Remind me , who were the first Brittish team to win the European Cup ?

Who cares if they were the first British team to win the European Cup, that was years ago.

Its still a really be part in history

So what? Doesn't meaning anything now, with Scottish football gradually getting worse and the English Premiership being one of, if the best comeptition in football, he'd be a fool to leave Burnley just now.

Why would he be a fool to leave Burnley ? Would you not rather be playing European football every season in front of 60 000 + fans or fighting relegation in front of 22 000 ?

He would also, more often, be playing against St Johnstone, Hamilton and Falkirk instead of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal - no contest!

He is a hero where he is now and will be a hero until he drops a point if he went to Parkhead.

He and his family would live a life looking over their shoulder in case of assult, verbal or physical from you know who.

Read Billy McNeil's bit in today's press, his wife, Liz, has still not forgiven him for moving her back into the OF firing range when they left Aberdeen all those years ago.

Coyle has stated his wife is happy where she is so maybe it will not just be down to club v club.

I'd rather be in the English Premiership and try to make something of it than be in a diddy league week in week out, with an occaisonal struggle in Europe.

Celtic are in Europe every season .

Yes, but they occasionally struggle there...

I'd rather be in the English Premiership and try to make something of it than be in a diddy league week in week out, with an occaisonal struggle in Europe.

Yes, but they occasionally struggle there...

....and are generally finished with the competition by Christmas (except on rare occassions). He is a self confessed Cellic fan, so that might prove too much of a draw. He'd be a fool to move though.

Yes cause they play in a mediocre league, which is what they play in week in week out with the odd European game here and there, which usually ends rather quickly.

Yes cause they play in a mediocre league, which is what they play in week in week out with the odd European game here and there, which usually ends rather quickly.

They get the full 90mins like every team does :P

It just depends who Celtic get in the cup they always get a 50/50 team to start off with a well know club but dont have alot of big name players