FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cup game v Montrose

Alex MacLeod

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would appear that for the first competitive game of the season the club have very little confidence if the committment of the Inverness fan to support the team.

http://www.ictfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News...1721716,00.html

I think its actually a money saving idea, costs much less in electricty and stewardings costs to only have one stand open instead of 3

It would appear that for the first competitive game of the season the club have very little confidence if the committment of the Inverness fan to support the team.

I think its actually a money saving idea, costs much less in electricty and stewardings costs to only have one stand open instead of 3

Its kinda going to lose money if over 3500 turn up at the gates.

At the moment tickets sales are only around 750 so i very much doubt we will get anywhere near 3500

Thats because the majority know it wont be a full house and are expecting to pay at the gate.

Some of our games in the SPL werent hitting the attendance figure of 3500 so its highly unlikely we will get over 3500 v a third divison team

Do you think this idea could be repeated for league games this season ?

I do think the South Stand will be closed all season, unless we have a 1st div play off scenario. I just cant see it paying for itself by the time you take into consideration, stewarding and powering up the stand, for what would probably see 200 or so people using it at the most.

Methinks it will be Main Stand and North Stands only this season (barre "big" games)

Edited by SMEE

dundee, ross county, perhaps raith and partick and dunfermline, they would all bring more than 200.

We are the big boys in this division now.

Don't see how the away fans would fit into the main stand? Maybe if they went into the uncovered section but i can't imagine them agreeing to that.

Do you think this idea could be repeated for league games this season ?

I do think the South Stand will be closed all season, unless we have a 1st div play off scenario. I just cant see it paying for itself by the time you take into consideration, stewarding and powering up the stand, for what would probably see 200 or so people using it at the most.

Methinks it will be Main Stand and North Stands only this season (barre "big" cup games)

What power does it require? It takes more stewards to maintain a segregation barrier in the main stand than it would take to oversee the south one.

dundee, ross county, perhaps raith and partick and dunfermline, they would all bring more than 200.

We are the big boys in this division now.

Don't see how the away fans would fit into the main stand? Maybe if they went into the uncovered section but i can't imagine them agreeing to that.

You wish .

What power does it require? It takes more stewards to maintain a segregation barrier in the main stand than it would take to oversee the south one.

Ah...i didnt realise we had solar powered lights etc in the south stand , my mistake!

Also...i dont EVER recall a steward "segregation barrier" being required when we were in the First Div last time around. But open the south stand, you will require extra stewarding

Ah...i didnt realise we had solar powered lights etc in the south stand , my mistake!

Also...i dont EVER recall a steward "segregation barrier" being required when we were in the First Div last time around. But open the south stand, you will require extra stewarding

3pm nsaturday afternoon in july doesn't normally need artificial lighting.

IMO this is nothing more than an indication of the levels the club are having to go to in order to keep finances in check this season. No longer can we afford the luxury of opening a stand for a few dozen people, or in situations where a crowd can more than likely be housed in a single stand.

Would people rather see us open extra stands (when not needed) and have a couple less players in the squad?

It won't happen for league games but it may well happen for the Annan cup game

The article says it will happen for Annan.

Would people rather see us open extra stands (when not needed) and have a couple less players in the squad?

What players? :P

Your kidding yourself if you think the crowd will be anywhere near that figure. Games against lower league opposition in the CIS cup in past seasons were only around the 1000 mark. We prob wont get crowds in the league over 3,500 bar County and decicive matches.

The crowd for the montrose game will be aroun 1,500-2000