FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Proctor

Avoiding the phwarrs but I really do think that Proctor could do a real job "in the hole" - in front of the defence this season - He has plugged a load of gaps but I really think that he is the new and better Russell Duncan - Bambi will stay his ground and not be driven forward, he may not be the gretast tackler but a bit beefed up and he can hold his own plus he is not a bad distributor or passer of the ball. Stcik him in there Tel Boy.

Been saying for a good while now that I'd like to see Proctor be tried in that position. Good reader of the game, tidy, though none too adventurous passer, decent but not great tackler. No pace so best suited to a holding role. Sounds like a defensive mid to me.

If it doesn't work out, then I guess it's back to Duncan.

what a load of rubbish. Proctor has developed well under butcher into decent right back or right mid but not a holding midfielder, not yet anyway. Before butcher arrived he had no positional sense, even though he had been mainly playing down the right for most of his career. If he was to become a holding midfielder it would take a lot of work before he could even match russell duncan.

I'm sorry i just don't see it, maybe if we get about 3/4 injuries in midfield but only then should it be considered.

Guest WynessLegend

Proctor is a quality player ........

but then so is Duncan.

So feck off you wingeing t%ats -

can we maybe just get behind the whole team (bar Barrowman) this Season?

Having been forced to sit in that bastion of negativity, the Main Stand, for the

past three games - I now understand why we got relegated.

As the wee rabbit in Bambi said "If you can't think of anything nice to say - go feck yourself".

but then so is Duncan.

Having been forced to sit in that bastion of negativity, the Main Stand, for the

As the wee rabbit in Bambi said "If you can't think of anything nice to say - go feck yourself".

Why bar Barrowman?

but then so is Duncan.

The term hypocrite springs to mind for some reason.

Take Tokely, the cart horse, out and put Proctor in at right back!

neksor

You cant be serious!? Tokely was our best player last season bar the mistake against Falkirk. But yes, i think proctor would do a good job in that space. if i remember correctly he could play there in Football manager 2006? So he must be able to do a good job there :P

My perfect team would be...

esson

tokely Bulvitus munro djebi-zadi

proctor

eagle duncan imrie

rooney foran

Proctor - perfect position for him. He can help with the attacking time and also help deal with the munro cack-up's.

what a load of rubbish. Proctor has developed well under butcher into decent right back or right mid but not a holding midfielder, not yet anyway. Before butcher arrived he had no positional sense, even though he had been mainly playing down the right for most of his career. If he was to become a holding midfielder it would take a lot of work before he could even match russell duncan.

I'm sorry i just don't see it, maybe if we get about 3/4 injuries in midfield but only then should it be considered.

Put a feckin rationale behind that - and that goes fer the other snipers.

Proctor aint no feckin centreback - he aint no wide right midfielder - he can be cover fer right back but he always looks a shade ucomfortable there - but he is a player who can hold a position - too much at full back - he can play a bit of football - he can pass - he can tackle although that needs improving - he is actually good in the air - he does have a bit of off the mark pace - and he does look around him to suss out where he and his team mates are - that is my feckin rationale - argue against that.

Guest WynessLegend

but then so is Duncan.

Why bar Barrowman?

Can't believe you need to ask that RiG.

Because he's pure sh&te perhaps?

I'd like to see Duff brought back in far more regularly next season, the times I saw him last season, I reckon he could cut it in the SPL, and he is yet the finished article, he could be a decent player with a bright future at ICT.

On Proctor, yes I do agree that Proctor would be good at defensive midfield, as can be seen by me puting in a central midfield role in some of the recent line-up threads, he's not a bad passer of the ball (better than Duncan anyway) and could do well in there.

Edited by Renegade

As far as I am concerned I think Proctor is more effective in midfield but I think Duncan is much better at playing in the hole than he is but he might get a chance at RB since Tokely is suspended for a while.

I think, certainly for the first few games of the season, the regular team will be:

Esson

Proctor Bulvitus Munro Djebi-Zadi

Eagle Duncan Cox Imrie

Sanchez

Rooney

Foran needs his knee looked at, and has a suspension, so wont feature for a few games. Duncan may not be the best passer but he can hold the midfield together. Tokely is suspended.

Duncan could be a major player for us this seaon, he gets a hard time from many on here, undeservedly so in my opinion

:rolleyes: :P :angry: :lol:

My perfect team would be...

esson

tokely Bulvitus munro djebi-zadi

proctor

eagle duncan imrie

rooney foran

Proctor - perfect position for him. He can help with the attacking time and also help deal with the munro cack-up's.

Whats wrong with Sanchez or hayes? and why Duncan hes p1sh

I think, certainly for the first few games of the season, the regular team will be:

Esson

Proctor Bulvitus Munro Djebi-Zadi

Eagle Duncan Cox Imrie

Sanchez

Rooney

Foran needs his knee looked at, and has a suspension, so wont feature for a few games. Duncan may not be the best passer but he can hold the midfield together. Tokely is suspended.

Drop duncan and horse in Hayes we're laughing!!