FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

League Cup 2nd Round

WYNESS101

Gutted its no Queen of the South away but it'll do just fine :)

With Barry Wilson in the kind of scoring form he's been in of late?

By the way, that's four home draws and all against Third Division opponents that ICT have had in these four early season cup ties. Barring me making a small slip somewhere in identifying clubs as D3, which wouldn't actually make a massive amount of difference to the final answer, I make the odds against drawing Third Division opposition at home four times in a row in these cups more than 6000 to 1!

The probability of 4 home draws of any kind is a half to the power 4, or 1 in 16. When you then incorporate the probabilities at each of the four stages of getting a D3 side as opposed to D1 or 2 that lengthens the odds considerably to 1 in over 6000.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Good draw in terms of potential progression. Poor in terms of the coffers.

I wonder what the break even point is for us?

We may have lost money staging the previous 2 cup games!

The crowds have been just over a thousand in each game so we wont have lost anything although not taken much in either. But the good thing is that we should make the last 16 and then will make more moeny from the coming games.

Good draw in terms of potential progression. Poor in terms of the coffers.

I wonder what the break even point is for us?

We may have lost money staging the previous 2 cup games!

I think by containing all fans to the main stand we won't have lost money, but we certainly won't have made much.

Charlie,

Can we see your workings please or else we cannot give you any credit.

That aside, we made our name in cup competitions and after we reached the SPL seemed to freak out in the cup competitions.

Albion may I remind everyone, have played two SFL1 teams in cups this season and beaten both. What odds Charlie that we get complacent and become their third victims?

Charles, I think that qualifies as the geekiest ever stat posted on these forums :wacko:

Donald - you clearly missed the more ironic dimension of the statistic I revealed. The odds against four consecutive home draws against Third Divsion opposition are indeed enormous. It would only have required a tiny fraction of that good fortune in the last four weeks of last season for Caley Thistle to have stayed in the SPL. It would seem, therefore, that ICT got a huge break when it really didn't matter and failed to get a modest one when it really did.

ICT were always known for their Cup runs and shocks in the early days. I really do hope that all happens again, and was also one of the reasons that i looked forward to a year in the SFL.

At least we dont have to face Falkirk in two cups and the league now, much less than that, which gives us a great chance!

One thing's for sure, if Rovers win, they'll be dancing in the streets of Albion!

I can assure you the streets of 'Albion' will be bouncing if we defeat you lot! :wacko:

Another 1st division team, could be extremely interesting! :D

If I remember correctly you're defence is hardly athletic and that could very well play into our hands.

If I remember correctly you're defence is hardly athletic and that could very well play into our hands.

Obviously oblivious to the exploits of Rosscoe and his Brother by another Mother on Saturday then!!! :wacko:

My prediction. But you never know could be a few shocks

1. INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE -v- ALBION ROVERS- Us

2. FORFAR ATHLETIC -v- DUNDEE- Dundee

3. DUNFERMLINE ATHLETIC -v- RAITH ROVERS- Pars

4. ARBROATH -v- ST. JOHNSTONE- St Johnstone

5. PARTICK THISTLE -v- QUEEN OF THE SOUTH- Q.O.S

6. ALLOA ATHLETIC -v- DUNDEE UNITED- Dundee UTD

7. HIBERNIAN -v- BRECHIN CITY- Hibees

8. ROSS COUNTY -v- HAMILTON ACADEMICAL- Accies

9. KILMARNOCK -v- MORTON- Killie

10. AYR UNITED -v- ST. MIRREN- Midden