FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

FAO Robbo

Guest birdog

Hi Robbo,

Since you were in Dingwall on Saturday i thought i'd ask - just how bad are Ross County and how many goals do you think we'll pump them by next week?

Aye come on Robbo... Try your hardest to give us an unbiased prediction !

Also what's better Barry Wilson's mums cakes or the pies at Victoria Park ??

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Robbo,

Since you were in Dingwall on Saturday i thought i'd ask - just how bad are Ross County and how many goals do you think we'll pump them by next week?

I can't comment on Jessies cakes, but her scones are to die for. :lol: (Off topic, I know, but it's lovely to see Bobby and Jessie and ICT games these days. I hope it's only time before their 'boy' is back with us in some capacity - he's certainly found the back of the net for QoS)

ROBBO - I agree totally about the abuse you Kyle has been getting. By all accounts, and what I have seen so far, he's a pretty decent keeper. At his age he can only develop further, so I think we should consider ourselves lucky to have him.

Robbo appreciate you answering questions no matter what some sad idiot thinks.

I was wondering if you had the chance to work with Gordon Smith before he was appointed head of the SFA? I always thought he was a decent pundit because he was never afraid to share his opinion (although I disagreed with the majority of what he said) but I think when Scottish football has had such a battering over the last few weeks we need to look at whoever is top of the tree. Do you think Gordon Smith is the right man to represent Scotland at executive level?

Hi Harry

to be honest i think this role is a bit of a poisoned chalice if you get things right its a well he should do as thats what he is paid for attitude and if it goes wrong you get blamed for evverything so as said tough job but think we could as earlier said maybe streamline the 3 associations will it happen?turkeys voting for xmas scenario i would reckon

As has been said, Thanks alot for coming in here John. Its not often clubs get legends coming on and talking on forums. Its appriciated by most on here.

But to a question i have for you, and many others might have, slightly off topic it maybe, BUT....

Whats it really like to be a football manager? You always get people, myself included, that because we are good at Football manager 2009 we would be a good manager. But whats it really like, in terms of pressure and things?

ha ha ha ha as has been said many times by learned football men "all the best players/managers are in the stand"

whats it like? its a roller coaster of emotions its amazing experience and no better feeling when you see what you have planned all week come to fruition on a saturday however when it goes wrong it is the lonliest job in the world as you cant do anything about it on the pitch and the fans have a go when it looks like players have never seen each other before or set plays go wrong or look as never been practised plus you have to deal with ALL the players problems and i mean all of them as yo notice when haed is down and they aint focused.

you get times like the 1-5 county result and think you are the most hated man in Inverness and i know for that night and prob next few as weell that i was thats when you have to have faith in your own ability and that of the players at that time i was couple of months into job going through messy divorce and only knew abot 3 people and it was tough going but then you bounce back with victory over them 10 days later and then beat celtic and day like winning challenge cup semi s at hampden winning the title etc make up for it

trust me when i lose i lose hard takes me whole weekend to get over it but althogh hurting planning ahead on how to improve myself the players and the club for the next game plus you have the long drives to england on wet windy winters nights to see youth reserve and 1st team games checking out players

as for football manager problem is its just reality game you fed computer computer plays game unfortunatly yhere is manager and real opponents to deal with and human error impossible to replicate that plus you dont get dodgy decisions from officials

despite all that throw me in there again tomorrow

Hi Robbo,

iv seen county couple of times and not bad to be fair bit more direct with gary wood up front and dont play as much football as they used to but still some dangerous players

they should have beaten Airdrie more comfortably but missed a few chances against Raith they looked very very tired maybe due to midwek extra time game but not quickest at back could be there weak point it will be tight but reckon caley 2-1 and 8 points from tose 4 games is a decent return i would say

Hi Robbo,

Hi Jailender

As said think Caley will pip this one 2-1 with home advantage helping them just think that there pace up front and wide areas might just give them the edge thought Boyd looked suspect at full back as normally centre half although Gardyne may cause problems in the hole plus wood and vigurs and watt will want to show what they could do as well but caley big and strong at home dont lose many goals and pace up top and wide see me going for home win

i sit outside so not given the delights of the food and no way am i going to diss Jessie s cooking superb!!!!

Hears a question for you Robbo. If you were manager what would your starting 11 look like? Would you bring anyone in? Would you drop anyone?

tough to answer that one to be honest as not my team/players etc and not fair to terry or maurice for me to question there team or signings plus whio i might bring in or leave out so although likke you guys/girls out there have your thoughts i do too but not my place to reveal sorry about that but sure you can see where i am coming from

Hi Robbo,

I can't comment on Jessies cakes, but her scones are to die for. :blink: (Off topic, I know, but it's lovely to see Bobby and Jessie and ICT games these days. I hope it's only time before their 'boy' is back with us in some capacity - he's certainly found the back of the net for QoS)

ROBBO - I agree totally about the abuse you Kyle has been getting. By all accounts, and what I have seen so far, he's a pretty decent keeper. At his age he can only develop further, so I think we should consider ourselves lucky to have him.

Kyle is a good young keeper and will improve his game as he gets more experience as said previously i would urge ALL fans to get behind ALL players regardless of their allegiances in a younger life and he also will have to adapt to some of the more light hearted banter there is nothing wrong with that indeed most players enjoy a bit of banter with the fans when warming up as long as its deemed fun and acceptable

Quick question John , have you ever heard of punctuation marks ? And if you have , what have you got against using them ?

Hey you....

Just quit winding people up....

There are few enough celebrities coming on here to post words of wisdom as it is...

We have to try and keep a hold of this one...

You never know, maybe someday he'll be back at the reins at ICT, and taking us to dizzy heights yet again!

Guest birdog

I see John Robertson is using the forums at the moment. I wonder John, as an ex manager and player, if you wouldn't mind sharing your views on fans vocally showing displeasure at a performance on the pitch? Does it put the player's heads down? Does it spur them on to prove the doubters wrong? Does it make the players fell guilty for letting down the fans who pay their hard earned cash week in and week out? How do managers feel about it?

Hi BIRDOG

apologies for being so long in getting back to you as 1 was in Zagreb AND 2 some people dont feel i have a right to answer questions anyway tough a i do never hid from anything in my life!!

fans showing displeasure is part and parcel as what is seen as a dissapointing result eg ayr 0-0 and i dont think you would hear any manager saying any different to be honest and pretty sure that without getting to big for their boots and sounding arogant theplayers would also be pretty fed up so would not take the booing from the fans to much to heart.good players will always use as motivitation and stay mentally strong as they realise it was 2 points dropped and it really would not affect them.personal abuse can depending on the players mental strength can get to them at times certainly not one off stick but regular abuse or cat calls will see certain players perhaps go into their shell and not play to the best of their ability

the players i can assure you (99%) of them really do hurt and really do feel they have not only let the fans down but also themselves and that is a big let down when you know as a player you had the opportunity to do something about it on the pitch that hurts and it does hurt players when they think that the fans think they dont care or have not tried their best every players tries it sometimes is not your day and every player loves and appreciates as in all walks of life when they are encouraged so please keep encouraging as much as possible especially whe a player is not having a good time of it i have left players out/taken players off when i thought the crowd was affecting him and ultimately the team but they should be strong enough to shrug it off

managers are generally perfectionists in that we want like the fans the full package ie play really well make lots of chances score lots of goals and keep clean sheets(though you guys might want a 5-4 now and again it does nothing for the managers heart rate)its about getting the right balance example i know lots of fans hanker for the pele days when Caley swept through the divisions with lots of goals for and against and got to the point where they were established 1st div club when pele left and donald and i came in our thoughts were one on;y premier league!! we worked out that by keepin goals column in high figures but getting goals against down would give us real chance not rocket science i know but we had in our opinion have to change from a back 3 man marking to a back 4 and 4-3-3 formation not as cavalier but effective and ultimatly successful there lies the differfence find the right balance!!! if a player is not playing well the occassional bit of get your finger out is ok and agreed with by manager constant stick the manager will protect his player as valued member of team so dont think by saying that he thinks fans out of order he does not agree with you !! he has to man manage the player and trust me you have to be a mum dad brother sister doctor psychiatrist psychologiist the whole shooting match to keep your players focused

so to end that one yes stick whe warranted not a problem constant abuse will see player head drop eventually an d will affect him and team without going to much into it can i just add i feel it is terible the stick that young KYLE ALLISON is receiving no matter what team he supports he give his best for caley and i can assure you if that was me and continued i would be thinking vary seriously about playing for those supporters GET BEHIND HIM PLEASE

Hi John,

Apologies for my late reply, I am working a stinking six hour on/off watchkeeping pattern and have not really had time.

You have told me pretty much what I thought and I hope that this has put an end to the big debate of last week. As for Kyle I too think the guy deserves a break, one of our most worshipped players at ICT, Don Cowie, was also a huge County fan and I think Kyle should be afforded the same respect that Don was but with maybe a wee bit of light banter thrown in (banter doesn't hurt)

Thanks again for taking the time, especially with some of the stick you have taken on this thread.

Robbo appreciate you answering questions no matter what some sad idiot thinks.

I was wondering if you had the chance to work with Gordon Smith before he was appointed head of the SFA? I always thought he was a decent pundit because he was never afraid to share his opinion (although I disagreed with the majority of what he said) but I think when Scottish football has had such a battering over the last few weeks we need to look at whoever is top of the tree. Do you think Gordon Smith is the right man to represent Scotland at executive level?

Hi Harry

to be honest i think this role is a bit of a poisoned chalice if you get things right its a well he should do as thats what he is paid for attitude and if it goes wrong you get blamed for evverything so as said tough job but think we could as earlier said maybe streamline the 3 associations will it happen?turkeys voting for xmas scenario i would reckon

Nice one, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Robbo, just a quick note to say thanks for the jacket :P

Don't know if you remember, but at the end of season party of your first (half) season at ICT you presented me with that, because I had made most of the games that season travelling up and down from London. I don't get to as many games now, but I've still proudly got the jacket!

Cheers :33:

DalneighCaley

Have you ever heard that you do not put a space before the comma, so what have you got against the punctuation mark that you require to put a space before it?

TM4TJ your grammer is not the best. I will make allowances but you must place a question mark where you have asked a question. You have asked two questions so there should be two question marks. I suggest you read your posts out loud to your mother and if they don't sound right, they probably aren't.