FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sanchez: Caley Workhorse

GMD11UK

Sarcasm doesn't really work on the internet....hmmm well i think if this guy was any more laid back he would be in a bloody coma!!

it's a shame foran is having to do all the legwork for two now and seems to be plugging away in most of the games i have seen as of late while this tube sanchez is too busy wondering if he left his fridge door open or if he actually put the new episode of changing rooms on sky plus.

butcher needs to make him wake up and get in the game!!!

Sarcasm doesn't really work on the internet....hmmm well i think if this guy was any more laid back he would be in a bloody coma!!

it's a shame foran is having to do all the legwork for two now and seems to be plugging away in most of the games i have seen as of late while this tube sanchez is too busy wondering if he left his fridge door open or if he actually put the new episode of changing rooms on sky plus.

butcher needs to make him wake up and get in the game!!!

Couldn't agree more mate, currently I think the only reason he's been employed by the club is because he's spanish and looks the part. It seemed as though we were a man down against County an although everyone's having a go at Zadi IMO Sanchez was more than culpable

well zadi was horrible, that guy was having a case of the mondays, which on a saturday makes it even worse. sanchez might aswell have gotten out his coloring book and sat down with some crayons in the center circle and worked on that picture of the mouse trying to catch cheese.

Edited by GMD11UK

well zadi was horrible, that guy was having a case of the mondays, which on a saturday makes it even worse. sanchez might aswell have gotten out his coloring book and sat down with some crayons in the center circle and worked on that picture of the mouse trying to catch cheese.

Thing is though... as much as he did feck all for the majority of the game it was his pass that set up Hayes goal

He was good at Dens where he had more space to make runs and showed signs of forming a good partnership with Foran.

He`made good runs, dropping deep or wide to receive the ball and his goal came from a Foran flick-on when Sanchez went beyond him and finished well. In the other three league games we haven't had enough of a grip in midfield to spark periods of pressure so it's difficult to pin the blame on either of the strikers.

I don't think this is the time to make judgements on any of the new signings, call them tubes or question their work-rate. Give them time.

i think we're all blinded by him just being a caley player, if he is judged by just his workrate against other players such as:

Foran

Hayes

Eagles

Rossco

Munro

Duncan

McBain

These are players that go out every game and go hell for leather to try and push and want to win each and every game.

i am judging sanchez on comparing him to those players and their passion and workrate.

calling him a tube is friendly banter, it's football not life or death but at the end of the day everyone on the pitch i the stands and in the offices want their team to win.

Edited by GMD11UK

this is my opinion on "match fit"

if your profession is anything to do with athleticism you should be fit at all times, my job is in the entertainment sector so thus i keep up to date with movies, games and tv etc. as it's my job to know that stuff.

he should have been "match fit" when he signed or in a physical condition whereas he could play a full 90 mins at tge drop of a hat. if that was my profession i am sure i would be in that mindset.

this is my opinion on "match fit"

if your profession is anything to do with athleticism you should be fit at all times, my job is in the entertainment sector so thus i keep up to date with movies, games and tv etc. as it's my job to know that stuff.

he should have been "match fit" when he signed or in a physical condition whereas he could play a full 90 mins at tge drop of a hat. if that was my profession i am sure i would be in that mindset.

The distinction between 'fit' and 'match fit' comes about because no matter how good a player's physical condition is, there is no substitute for playing first team games.

Dani Sanchez may well have gone running every morning and spent every afternoon in the gym for the last 12 months but if he hasn't been playing first team football then it will take him time get into the right rhythm.

Give him some time.

Don't think it's got anything to do with fitness (match or otherwise) and more to do with adjusting to the style of play....something that even those in the squad last season will have to get to grips with as Div 1 is very different from the SPL.

i think we're all blinded by him just being a caley player, if he is judged by just his workrate against other players such as:

Foran

Hayes

Eagles

Rossco

Munro

Duncan

McBain

These are players that go out every game and go hell for leather to try and push and want to win each and every game.

i am judging sanchez on comparing him to those players and their passion and workrate.

calling him a tube is friendly banter, it's football not life or death but at the end of the day everyone on the pitch i the stands and in the offices want their team to win.

Can agree with all of the above.... except eagles

ha ha ok, i think apart from the county match we have been playin very well overall with a good chance to be near the top this season.

i think some players just are coasting along as the expense of players who have been with the club for awhile who want to see it do well.

I think what people who are anti Sanchez are forgeting, is that he of all our strikers probably has the highest % shots to goals ratio. He gets the ball in the net, whereas it seems when Rooney is clear through more than half the time he hits the keeper and I've lost count the number of chances he and Barrowman have put wide.

In pre-season when we were assessing him for a contract, he scored for fun, he even bagged one against a good Dundee United side.

He's not an out and out striker, he's more a Morais or Juanjo (flair player)... both of who have been important players that have won games for us but have been accused of being lightweight and invisable.

I think he is going to be one of those players that does nowt in one match and scores 2 in the next.

Edited by kiltarlity

I think he is going to be one of those players that does nowt in one match and scores 2 in the next.

Well by all accounts he didn't contribute much in the last match, so let's hope you're right and he bangs in 2 tomorrow...

ha ha ok, i think apart from the county match we have been playin very well overall with a good chance to be near the top this season.

i think some players just are coasting along as the expense of players who have been with the club for awhile who want to see it do well.

We have not been very impressive at all in the league ( apart from Dundee ) both home games have been dire, for a team with championship aspirations we are looking pretty poor.

I hope this is down to lack of experience from the new players and they can gell together and improve the form, Rossco and Imrie will be key players for us this season and i cant wait to see them back in the team.

Roony needs to learn something from Mcfadden.....His usual is get one on one with the keeper, then shoot it straight to the keeper, whereas as Mcfadden did yesterday, cool as a cucumber, round the keeper into the net!! Top class!!

We've had a few players over the years who've taken a while to get going but proved invaluable to the team.

Dargo, Wyness, Juanjo to name three that are in-keeping with the type of player we're talking about.

Juanjo scored in his second game and managed to brutally assault innocent victim Neil Lennon in his third - not a bad start.