FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is the G-word racist?

caleykid1994

If , and its a big if , anyone gets thrown out of the game for singing against County then I'd urge all true fans to boycott the next home game to show our displeasure . Hit them in the pocket and they might sit up and take notice , but I'm not daft enough to think our support would show a bit of solidarity .

Here's a radical thought, why not abide by the rules? By buying your ticket to attend a match you agree to behave in a manner that doesn't infringe any of the club's rules, it's not difficult.

pass the sweeties...

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If , and its a big if , anyone gets thrown out of the game for singing against County then I'd urge all true fans to boycott the next home game to show our displeasure . Hit them in the pocket and they might sit up and take notice , but I'm not daft enough to think our support would show a bit of solidarity .

Here's a radical thought, why not abide by the rules? By buying your ticket to attend a match you agree to behave in a manner that doesn't infringe any of the club's rules, it's not difficult.

pass the sweeties...

You'll have to elaborate

Just dont make a sound when you pick one out the wrapper.

Thank you, what has that got to do with the topic? This thread has been dedicated to those poor souls who feel hard done by when they are asked to sit down and stop being abusive, the club rules are quite clear so if you don't like having to abide by them, and it is causing you so much inner turmoil, you should find a hobby that you will enjoy. There is no grey area in the law, regardless if you think it's only football banter, so I don't think the club should be vilified for being law abiding.

If the club were to be fined because of abusive chants, would that make you feel better?

Nerd, I understand your position but I don't agree with you. Personally I would like there to be less "foul and abusive" language but I think we need a bit of common sense here before we kill off any kind of atmosphere. No doubt it is very honourable of the club to try to uphold standards of decency but why only pick on the youngsters in section G? What about the players who are actually paid by the club and might be expected to set an example as role models? Will players (and managers) who use the F word be marched out of the ground should they momentarily let their standards slip? I think not.

Nerd, I understand your position but I don't agree with you. Personally I would like there to be less "foul and abusive" language but I think we need a bit of common sense here before we kill off any kind of atmosphere. No doubt it is very honourable of the club to try to uphold standards of decency but why only pick on the youngsters in section G? What about the players who are actually paid by the club and might be expected to set an example as role models? Will players (and managers) who use the F word be marched out of the ground should they momentarily let their standards slip? I think not.

It makes a refreshing change for someone to disagree with a post but to do so in a polite manner. My point wasn't about the swearing, although that is also covered in the rules, and I totally agree with your point about players/managers. I also agree that there is a need for every fan to be treated the same, regardless of where they sit, and it is this lack of consistency that is causing the problem.

Dude, If it was against the "Law" why was it then, that the 2 police officers did nothing during the game? One was a tall lad and the other a rather nice looking young WPC.. They did walk past a good few times during the game looking up, the WPC even gave a couple of Smiles when the younglings were having abit of banter.. But nothing was said or done by the the Law Enforcement team.....This to me tells me that its Rules not Law.. So whos the rule makers?

Edited by Georgeios

Dude, If it was against the "Law" why was it then, that the 2 police officers did nothing during the game? One was a tall lad and the other a rather nice looking young WPC.. They did walk past a good few times during the game looking up, the WPC even gave a couple of Smiles when the younglings were having abit of banter.. But nothing was said or done by the the Law Enforcement team.....This to me tells me that its Rules not Law.. So whos the rule makers?

The law applies to the abusive chanting, gypos etc, standing in a seated area breaks a club rule. As for why they did nothing, I don't know, I wasn't there.

NERD, why are you defending the gypo's. Its not like your team (ross County of course) dont say anything about us. We arent bullying your club... we are just having light friendly banter.

Mike Smith, is sticking up for you and your team so the least you can do is stay to you own lifeless forum.

If your not a county fan then.......... You seriously need to know the in's and out's of this evil man before you start backing him.

EDIT- removing the statement i made up regarding a mr smith having forml relationships with derek adams

Edited by caleymad

Will it be okay to stand and applaud our team when they come on to the pitch?

Don't think it is a coincidence that all the new members are supporting Mike Smith. Are they his travelling support?

Three Wheels On Your Wagon sounds like a goer to me

Will it be okay to stand and applaud our team when they come on to the pitch?

Don't think it is a coincidence that all the new members are supporting Mike Smith. Are they his travelling support?

Three Wheels On Your Wagon sounds like a goer to me

After a lengthy debate with the Steward, she allowed us to stand up until the kick off whistle. Then to be honest, most of the first half we had no need to stand up, Apart from when the song

If you hate Mike Smith Stand up

If you hate Mike Smith Stand up?..

A handful of fans not just in Section G stood up, the steward at Section G just smiled and nodded?.

The law applies to the abusive chanting, gypos etc, standing in a seated area breaks a club rule. As for why they did nothing, I don't know, I wasn't there.

The club are not going to get fined for a handfull of people standing up at the back row, your kidding yourself if you think they will. It happens at every ground and at Scotland games the whole stand stands during the game. There wouldn't be a problem if there was some common sense showed by the club and stewards. The same goes for 'abusive chanting' and saying the word gypsy. If you think the ICT fans are abusive then you really don't have a clue about football on the whole.

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

The club are not going to get fined for a handfull of people standing up at the back row, your kidding yourself if you think they will. It happens at every ground and at Scotland games the whole stand stands during the game. There wouldn't be a proble, if there was some common sense showed by the club and stewards. The same goes for 'abisive chanting' and saying the word gypsy. If you think the ICT fans are abusive then you really don't have a clue about football on the whole.

Well said

There wouldn't be a proble, if there was some common sense showed by the club and stewards.

Exactly. I once stood for a whole game at Kilmarnock and on the other hand have been told by a Dundee United steward twice during a game that I wasn't sitting on my seat in the correct fashion. The whole standing issue is a joke. You can stand before, stand at half time, stand when prompted by the club to celebrate/commerate something, but if you should jump up to celebrate a goal then the safety of the whole stadium is compromised. What bollocks. Go to Germany, where you can stand for a whole game with a pint in one hand and a fag in the other, without civilisation seemingly crumbling.

From the "abuse" point of view the club supporting newbies need to get out more.

Not wanting to go too far off topic as this thread isn't about standing, but it's not actually a legal/legislative requirement for people to sit. It was an SPL directive which had to be followed by all their member clubs, but as we are not in the SPL any more then I can only assume that the decision to continue enforcing a "No standing" rule at TCS has come from within the club.

Not wanting to go too far off topic as this thread isn't about standing, but it's not actually a legal/legislative requirement for people to sit. It was an SPL directive which had to be followed by all their member clubs, but as we are not in the SPL any more then I can only assume that the decision to continue enforcing a "No standing" rule at TCS has come from within the club.

That was my understanding, I mean, come on has anyone tryed sitting at a Morton Game DVT tastic lol.

That was my understanding, I mean, come on has anyone tryed sitting at a Morton Game DVT tastic lol.

Why can't the club unbolt the seats on the West Terrace and re-open it as a terrace. Then those that want to stand can. Oh wait that might be being sensible ! :006:

That question was kinda answered on Boardroom Banter, i cant mind what one but the answer was.. it would cost to much and if we went back up they would need to be replaced. so its a no no no.

This is a long drawn out thread, may I help out here.

The answer is NO, that is unless anyone has a real credible reason why this is not the case :blink:

Please lets not get jump on the Great British band wagon of every minority must be protected at all cost here, we will have to be hoping that the referee aint a Gypo or anything else come to that imagine not being able to berate him. Lets be fair here ref's are most definetly a minority.

We must be getting to the stage now where if you stick all the minorities together there would be more of them than the ordinary folk out there does that make us a minority, if so when are the establishment gonna get off of our backs!! :angry:

To be honest I found this all very funny (of course I would, I'm one of the chosen to follow a better team :P ) and as I have only skim read the thread, I may end up repeating a couple of points.

But all joking aside this is a bit OTT. To be honest it's neither up nor down if you want to call as gypos or whatever, it's part of the banter of football and I'm sure 99.9999999% of County fans can take it just the same way as I'm sure 99.9999999% of Caley fans can take it when we respond with "I'll rather be a gypo than a tink". Should be intresting come Sunday if both songs get an sing song, could end up with more fans outside than inside the ground.

Does the trust have anyone at board level or is it independant of the club?