Is the G-word racist?

caleykid1994

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE RULES!!

This is what the prison wardens stewards will be working from

If those are the rules being used, Why do the stewards/those in charge only pick on certain rules with certain people?. How many of us have used a mobile phone/camera during a game?, how many have sworn at a game? how many have had decent drink before a game? how many have stood during a game whilst not at the seat stated on your ticket?

I am guilty as charged on all counts. So why have I not even been spoken to by a steward/someone in charge?

Could it have something to do with the fact I am a 45 year old, 6ft 1in, 22stone, with my head shaved, and not a youngster who they feel they can intimidate.

If the team can't play better at home and the "club" can't let the fans have fun -

they will soon be paying the stewards to try keeping people in vs the lets throw them out rules .

When they only have a few fans left ,how will they pay all the bills?

Maybe they should put the team up for sale and hope an oil baron wants to have some fun .

What a joke, they are saying I cant take pictures of my day out at TCS as a memory and to show my boy when hes bigger that I saw Nick Ross as a wee lad playing for Caley, and the way its going, as proof we once had a team to be proud of, Ive got reems of photos from all the games Ive been to in the last 3 years.... Oh dear, What do the club want from me?

Don't blame the stewards as they are only doing what they are told by their bosses in the background, and most of them are okay about things which they do realise are pretty daft, the odd few however will be complete erse holes about it.

It's whichever f*dd in the background is telling them to inflict these daft rules. It's all very well for them sitting back and saying 'Aye do this, do that' but had it been a different group of people rather than a relatively small group of young lads they are trying to intimidate, the stewards could be in for a lot more stick than they are because of them.

No one at the back of Section G is trying to be racist or foul and abusive or whatever, and if they were I'm sure the lads that are up there on matchdays would be some of the first to tell them where to go if they were.

This is out of order though, threatening Police action if anyone mentions the word, or is standing next weekend. Bang out of order.

THE RULES!!

This is what the prison wardens stewards will be working from

You just have to read some of those rules and laugh. Can't take a picture or film something? That's madness. The one that made me think was the one about ther teams colours. Wearing a scarf or something of the opposition or a rival team is one thing, but come on. Going by those rules, if I wandered into Caley Stadium with say a Cwymbran Town hat on, am I going going to be taken away and put in jail? Absolute madness. It also shows how little freedom there is at football these. There'd be more freedom if Josef Stalin was in charge. Notice this, here if you ask for a Coke at the pie shop, they pour the Coke into a paper cup. In some countries at games, they just give you a bottle. It's bizarre the way things are here. Are they worried I'm going to go on a rampage with my empty bottle!?

But to me all this proves one thing, the board don't like us. By us I mean, we the supporters. They might say they "want" us but in truth they don't. Shoot me down if you want but that's the feel these days. They don't care about us. Look how they're trying to kill some aspects of the home support. They might say they want a big crowd and get right behind the team and so on, but the only reason they said as it'll be more money in their pockets.

The club will next be buying those men in black memory blankers so we can not recall anything we've just seen (Maybe not a bad thing just now), sir can i just get you to look in this "FLASH"... what was i talking about????

Edited by Georgeios

If , and its a big if , anyone gets thrown out of the game for singing against County then I'd urge all true fans to boycott the next home game to show our displeasure . Hit them in the pocket and they might sit up and take notice , but I'm not daft enough to think our support would show a bit of solidarity .

I would suggest that all the rules as shown are/were as per other club rules and therefore agreed by the SPL/SFL.

To read this thread you would think we are the only club where the spectators are asked to remain seated and the only club where abuse is not tolerated.

Now it may be that our stewards are more heavy handed than others, more active to certain sections than others BUT I was at Pittodrie recently and watched ALL the Rangers fans standing whilst the stewards were heavy handed with the home support regarding their standing.

To call for a boycott of a most looked forward to fixture, is nonsense and will accomplish nothing. If 100 decide to boycott the match and the crowd is 5220 instead of 5320 who will notice? The press, the club? No, only the poor souls who missed us beating the rivals 5-0!!

As long as we can sing 'The wheels on your house go round and round' - they will get the message.

I was at the Galpharm stadium on Saturday. Most away fans stood for most of the game and many of the home support stood through the game. I didn't see anyone being spoken too or being thrown out. The atmosphere was brilliant, especially in last 15/20 min when Huddersfield were pushing on for a goal.

I would assume Huddersfield work under roughly the same rules. The stewarding was very relaxed and the fans were free to create a proper football ground atmosphere, cheering on their team with the occasional bit of banter with away fans.

I was at the Galpharm stadium on Saturday. Most away fans stood for most of the game and many of the home support stood through the game. I didn't see anyone being spoken too or being thrown out. The atmosphere was brilliant, especially in last 15/20 min when Huddersfield were pushing on for a goal.

I would assume Huddersfield work under roughly the same rules. The stewarding was very relaxed and the fans were free to create a proper football ground atmosphere, cheering on their team with the occasional bit of banter with away fans.

:D :clapping03:

Thats the point, I was at The Hood V's Scunthorp about 3 years ago, it was awsome the fans/ the banter everything!! IMO it was somthing we could learn from there...

Friend your right it wont make a jot of difference but for me its a point i want to make, and also shows how much a difference we as individual fans make... not a jot!

Edited by Georgeios

It almost seems to me the board are determined in every way possible to drive the fans away so that the club will die quietly and will save them the hassle of running the thing.

The club is now a vanity project gone wrong. The person/people concerned would rather see it die than sell it on. The Club/Board and closet owner are a selfish joke and only out for there own personal ends and f*** the city and who lives in it

Edited by Sir C the 3rd

I can see how allowing fans to take photos, video etc and to allow standing or flags/banners etc just kills the atmosphere .... it shouldnt be allowed .... it will lead to mass riots, subversive behaviour and rampant enjoyment and we dont want that now do we :D

As an example, I cite Toronto FC who have a 20K capacity stadium and have sold out the 16,000 seats they make available as season tickets for the last 3 years and also have a waiting list of 14,000 for new season tickets .....

Here is what was on the season ticket renewal page I just got sent ....... note the disclaimer at the bottom

post-2-1254251849.png

Here is the camera policy - basically meaning professional cameras must have clearance, others can do what they want so long as it is not a commercial venture .... Another hobby site I set up at http://tfcpics.com will show that I have never had any hassle with taking pics !

post-2-1254251864_thumb.png

And finally, here's the definition of "supporters section" .... It just makes sense !!!

post-2-1254251885_thumb.png

How do i join the list for a ticket? hows the banter over your way Scotty?

Oh my, god forgive you might have a... dare i say it.... A good time at a match there Scotty

Edited by Georgeios

banter is good, craic is good and stewarding - which has had its moments in the past - has gotten a whole lot better .... best I can suggest is to go to youtube and do a few searches for "u-sector", "toronto fc" etc and you will see for yourself ..... or ask Big Stew who has experienced it in person as well :D

A typical day supporting TFC - pub before game, craic with fans, a bit of banter with opposition fans, is very like ICT with one simple exception - the "ambience" created by the club before/during and after the match.

At TFC you are encouraged to make it fun and if you are in a designated supporters section you are allowed, even encouraged to stand, wave flags and banners, make a noise and generally enjoy yourselves. Do some get carried away? Yes. Do Police/Stewards have to remove/arrest people on occasion? Yes. Do the vast majority of fans behave themselves? Yes.

Dont get me wrong, there have been incidents in MLS both in Toronto and outside at other clubs but by and large, the 20,000+ crowd at every single home game since 2007 has been well behaved. We have seen undercover cops in the stands and some heavy handed policing or stewarding in the early days but that was simply because the cops/security had little or no experience of dealing with a "soccer crowd" which is a whole lot different to a baseball, basketball or Hockey crowd and something never really experienced in Toronto outside a few celebrations in certain ethnic neighbourhoods of the city during a world cup or Euro championships.

As they have learned, incidents have dropped as they can now better detect what is "boisterous soccer lads" and what is more serious trouble brewing. It is a good experience and I can honestly say that the club has listened to fans all along the way. The main supporters groups have a meeting with the club and team captain each month or as required and concerns on both sides are discussed and dealt with. Anything for further discussion is spread across the message boards and dialogue is two-way. It reminds me a lot of how ICT used to do things - but sadly, despite the best of intentions on the part of some, it seems that there is no desire to do that any more.

If , and its a big if , anyone gets thrown out of the game for singing against County then I'd urge all true fans to boycott the next home game to show our displeasure . Hit them in the pocket and they might sit up and take notice , but I'm not daft enough to think our support would show a bit of solidarity .

Here's a radical thought, why not abide by the rules? By buying your ticket to attend a match you agree to behave in a manner that doesn't infringe any of the club's rules, it's not difficult.