FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Do agents starve when the transfer window closes?

CELTIC1CALEY3

What do they do to survive? For just a few months each year they cause trouble to earn the maximum commissions for themselves then they disappear into the woodwork presumably to do whatever jobs they can get before they can start back on food again. Any one know the life of an agent?

some of them have other interests in the media - like Gordon Smith for example. Others probably have other businesses too ... does Paul Cherry still have an insurance firm ? It wouldnt suprise me if some of them are also on 'retainers' from some of their bigger clients if they have them.

I don't think we need to worry about agents going hungry. They can make enough on a few decent deals to keep them in a good lifestyle for a very long time.

I'm sure there are people here who know more about it than I do, but from what I have heard the most common way they earn money is by getting around 10% of the player's earnings and transfer fee.

For example, if a player goes from ICT to Dundee Utd for a £50,000 transfer fee, on a 3 year contract of £60,000 per annum, the agent would get 10% of the total value of the deal (£230,000) giving him £23,000. Don't know how much of it would get paid upfront though, and how much spread over the 3 years.