FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ST ANDREWS - Quiz Night

CaleyD

Let's hope the club get this right ......... the last quiz at the stadium was cancelled through lack of teams - but they didnt e-mail season ticket holders, advertise in the caley club or publicise the event properly.

Let's hope the club get this right ......... the last quiz at the stadium was cancelled through lack of teams - but they didnt e-mail season ticket holders, advertise in the caley club or publicise the event properly.

This is actually a Supporters Trust event and we have, and are still in the process of, spreading the word. If any of you work somewhere that has a staff canteen, or a shop/public office where you can hang a poster then please print one off or give me a shout and I will arrange to get one in the post to you.

Yes.

We deliberately omitted it from the poster (although we could have added "prizes" as a generic statement) as we hope to make it something a bit better than the normal...which is double your money back. We'll also have the usual raffle and/or football card with prizes.

Yes.

We deliberately omitted it from the poster (although we could have added "prizes" as a generic statement) as we hope to make it something a bit better than the normal...which is double your money back. We'll also have the usual raffle and/or football card with prizes.

In many pub quizzes the prize is double the TOTAL takings - a prize of double the winning teams entry fee would be very very poor.

If we were running a Pub Quiz were the object was to get people through the door to increase bar takings and we were charging a smaller amount then you might have a point....but as this is essentially a fund-raiser then giving away twice as much as we take in would be rather self-defeating.

Yes.

In many pub quizzes the prize is double the TOTAL takings - a prize of double the winning teams entry fee would be very very poor.

This would make for some very serious competition which would take away a lot of the 'fun' element. Don't get me wrong I expect peoples competitive edge to shine through, but not to that extent.

As CaleyD says it is essentially a fund raising event and we have no money to make from the bar, so paying out double would be ridiculous

I appreciate it is a fund raiser - but to attract Inverness Quiz goers and their money it needs to be a well publicised event with a decent prize (certainly not double the takings).

Once people are through the door you have an opportunity to take more money through additional spot competitions, raffles etc.

B&C...the Supporters Trust are always on the look out for people to assist in the running of events, if you'd like to contact us (either by phone or e.mail) with your details then that would be great and we could perhaps put your experience on these things to use in the future.

I'm not manning the phone or e.mail so don't know numbers.

If you only have two then give us a call and book yourself in anyway. We have others in the same boat and we'll match people up to make teams on the night. We (the Trust Board) normally enter a team of our own, but we'll happily split up to join other teams and handicap help them ;)

Being a "St Andrews" quiz might give a clue as to some of the question categories, but we'll have a bit of everything mixed in.

How many we got so far?

And i can just bring 2 guys yes?

Oh and is it general knowledge or Caley Knowledge or bit o' both! Bit like the one at the stadium?

Could be anything and everything, only clue is that there could be a bit of a Scottish theme with it being St Andrew's.

You can bring any number and we'll organise teams on the night. Obviously if you have a team of 4 we won't split that up. I'll just apologise in advance for whatever poor sod gets me in their team to make up the numbers. lol