FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Morton v ICT ***GAME OFF***

caleyrule

Forecast for Greenock friday and saturday is heavy rain and overnight temps of around 3 degree's.

If that is the case that pitch of theirs will be a complete quaigmire by 3pm Saturday.... It'll be like Port Glasgow when the tide's out....

Well there has been no snow in Glasgow for the last few days, just rain. If anything it will be a water logged pitch and poor travelling conditions that will get in the way of the KO.

When I spoke to the woman at Morton this morning (11am) she said it was snowing then, plus 'everywhere' was 'still very icy', hence she didn't think Saturday's game would go ahead. I suppose we won't know for sure until after 2pm tomorrow.

I was just watching Sky Sports News the other day and i was astonished by something that i had heard. They were going on about Arsenal's game with Bolton and wondering if the game would go ahead and the reporter had asked the Arsenal groundsman as to why they had some kind of(what can only be described as halogen heaters on a plow) heaters on the park and he replied its because they dont have Undersoil Heating! WHAT! We have to have it as its states in SPL rules if we want to partake in that two bob league but arguably the 3rd best team with the most advnced stadium in the supposed best league in the world DONT HAVE UNDERSOIL HEATING! i know england can be warmer that scotland but not that much? Utterly amazed at that!

We have to have it as its states in SPL rules if we want to partake in that two bob league but arguably the 3rd best team with the most advnced stadium in the supposed best league in the world DONT HAVE UNDERSOIL HEATING! i know england can be warmer that scotland but not that much? Utterly amazed at that!

That is interesting, probably one of the best playing surfaces in the UK as well. If anyone knows Arsene knows

those that read my posts around morton games will know I work with a ton fan, we were just having a bit of the old PUMPED banter but then he txt "A Freind" down by, he just popped his head in to say the pitch it Cripled is still rock hard.....

At least if we're not playing we're not dropping points!! On a serious note though, I'm having serious football withdrawl.

Maybe the club could start selling nicotine-like patches, which over a 90 minute period slowly release a feeling of initial euphoria, followed by an increased sense of doom and despair.