FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Boo Boys at it again were they?

Alex MacLeod

Didnt hear any boos myself except at the ref however, heard many frustrated folks. Have to agree that the atmosphere at away games is much more positive and the support seem less likely to get on the players backs. The away games are just more enjoyable to watch for some reason. Maybe the "critical" element only attend home games?Dont know really.

I brought that up a few weeks back. What the hell are some people on? Just because we let a goal in does not mean you need someone to belame. And if there is no obvious choice to belame, its Esson that gets it. Waken up you idiots.

I was embarrassed by some of the shouts on Saturday. The ones about Esson were particularly cringe worthy. Our fans are nothing short of pathetic sometimes. Fully with Foran on this one.

Though things like that come part and parcel as you become a bigger side. You begin to attract fans who will do stupid things such as boo players. I admit in times when we look worse than Montrose, i have booed. The Aberdeen game when Brewster was in charge for example. But i don't think you can condone booing, especially when we are playing as well as we are at the moment.

Did anyone, apart from Foran, hear any booing directed at ICT players?

."I was a bit disappointed in some of them and I know a few of the other players were too

The above should maybe answer your question John

Were you there, Alex? Did you hear ICT supporters booing ICT players?

I'll try this one again....

Did anyone at the match on Saturday hear ICT players being booed by ICT supporters?

No I wasn't there. But whats the difference? There may be fans who heard it but dont post on here. Fact is players heard it and it affected them. Is that not enough or are you trying to insinuate the players may be lying?

No I wasn't there. But whats the difference? There may be fans who heard it but dont post on here. Fact is players heard it and it affected them. Is that not enough or are you trying to insinuate the players may be lying?

Oh right.... so the boos were only heard by Foran, and by people who don't post on here.

Seriously, I doubt if we can be talking about any more than a handful of fans here... you'll get idiots like that at any footie match - even when their team's winning.

Claims that the team's performance might have suffered on Saturday, because of the antics of a tiny number of fans, are quite frankly, very lame indeed.

Oh right.... so the boos were only heard by Foran, and by people who don't post on here.

Seriously, I doubt if we can be talking about any more than a handful of fans here... you'll get idiots like that at any footie match - even when their team's winning.

Claims that the team's performance might have suffered on Saturday, because of the antics of a tiny number of fans, are quite frankly, very lame indeed.

Think if you actually read the article in Courier you'll see that he never said the result was anything to do with the booing. He just pointed out that booing players affects them.

I brought that up a few weeks back. What the hell are some people on? Just because we let a goal in does not mean you need someone to belame. And if there is no obvious choice to belame, its Esson that gets it. Waken up you idiots.

I was embarrassed by some of the shouts on Saturday. The ones about Esson were particularly cringe worthy. Our fans are nothing short of pathetic sometimes. Fully with Foran on this one.

I agree wholeheartedly the fans at the TCS are way too quick to get on the players backs and the abuse is unwarranted. Give NEGATIVITY the red card and get behind the team. While minutes remain on the clock, the game can still be won. BELIEVE!

Is ICT away record (where they don't boo) better than their home record (where they do)?.

You are there to support the team, sing the songs and enjoy the atmosphere. If you dont like the performance go and watch someone else. Or go and watch a highland league game and watch supporters who believe in their team regardless.

Is ICT away record (where they don't boo) better than their home record (where they do)?.

You are there to support the team, sing the songs and enjoy the atmosphere. If you dont like the performance go and watch someone else. Or go and watch a highland league game and watch supporters who believe in their team regardless.

Maybe you could explain this to our ENTIRE support then. ;)

At 2 nil down at home to the likes of Ayr United I think the fans have the right to vent their frustrations in whatever way they like .

You're just trying to be controversial.

The booing doesn't really help does it? It's interesting how you don't hear booing at the away matches. Perhaps this is a factor as to why the team perfoms better.

You missed the hysterical @rsehole that was at the Killie cup game screaming foam-lipped, bug-eyed abuse at just about every touch from an ICT player.

Apart from cretins like that, I tend not to condemn people for booing although I don't join in, but I can't help thinking it must usually be counter-productive - especially early on this season when it was a largely new team still finding its feet in a new league. Surely it's better to reserve booing so it makes a real impact on occasions when it's really warranted, such as, for example, during some of the performances around November-January 2008-09?

This is such an old chestnut. It's been trawled over time and time again and every time it gets an airing people mutter away, disavow the people who boo but then it just creeps back. The boos, the negativity and the abuse seem to emanate from the same places time and again. Why? You have to ask yourself why you support a football team. Is it a rational choice, or a gut instinct? I know what mine is and it precludes the rational examination of why you support a team through crap results, rubbish weather, numpty tactics, a really bad home strip this year and a board room full of lunatics. And yet you support them by turning up every week, paying your money and shouting yourself hoarse. That's what being a football supporter is about, not moaning at players when they don't reach your personal inflated standards. it's not about heaping vitriol on your manager and it's not about booing your team when they are down. I read that this happens at every club; wake up, it doesn't. It might at Newcastle or Man Utd when it's connected with another board room lunatic or the amount of debt you have, but it's targetted and transient. Not at TCS, it's a permanent fixture. Foran is right. Alex is right. Move on you lot, your'e at the wrong game.

I mentioned this in the thread about Sanchez. There's quite a few people sit round me that just moan constantly, I think it's what actually makes them happy. They were on Sanchezs' case for most of the game on Saturday, booing and shouting "get him off" every time he got the ball. Duncan was also a target for this abuse and is most times he plays. I've actually shouted that they're really not helping a players confidence but I just get dirty looks.

I mentioned this in the thread about Sanchez. There's quite a few people sit round me that just moan constantly, I think it's what actually makes them happy. They were on Sanchezs' case for most of the game on Saturday, booing and shouting "get him off" every time he got the ball. Duncan was also a target for this abuse and is most times he plays. I've actually shouted that they're really not helping a players confidence but I just get dirty looks.

Probably the same shower as the mob who leave with 10 minutes to go...

Plenty of that mob on saturday. There were more folk watching from the gate end that sitting in the north stand when Adam Rooney took the penalty.

For those who were off down the road with 10 mins to go it serves them right for missing Rooneys Penalty :001: :P :lol:

"So when we go a goal down we need them to give us a lift. We're notgoingtogotherestoftheseason without dropping points and need the fans to help out.

"It might only have been a few whowerebooingbutweneedthem all to encourage us."

Talk slower Richie. :D

"So when we go a goal down we need them to give us a lift. We're notgoingtogotherestoftheseason without dropping points and need the fans to help out.

"It might only have been a few whowerebooingbutweneedthem all to encourage us."

Talk slower Richie. :rolleyes:

lol It's called The Blarney.

I heard no booing but a fair amount of "Esson you're shite" type comments after the first goal went in and this was repeated after the second. Maybe this is what Foran means?

I think that's exactly what he means. The abuse aimed at Esson after the second goal went in was loud and, as you said, cringeworthy. Foran was furious, and it showed. (He is very 'protective' of his team-mates, it seems to me.) Picking on and abusing individuals in the team you profess to support is just beyond me. I fail to see how it can possibly have any positive effect.