FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Martin O Neil leaves Aston Villa?

SMEE

There are reports that Martin O Neil has left Villa today. I have heard his name linked with the Celtic Job. Anyone think he might be heading back? Wrong move if true?

At first i thought you were taking the mick, but infact...Bettingpro website

Hills spokesman Graham Sharpe told Bettingpro:

"We took a number of bets in branches not a million miles from Villa Park, with one punter asking for, but not getting, a ?500 bet, followed by other requests for three figure bets,"

"As a cautionary move - and taking into account that Villa were beaten 7-1 last time out - we cut the odds, initially from 66/1 to 20/1 and when that didn't stop the bets, to 7/1. At the same time we have also received enquiries for O'Neill to be the next Liverpool manager."

Mark Hughes is the 4/1 favourite to be the next Aston Villa boss with Tony Mowbray available at 7/1 and Steve Coppell at 18/1.

There are reports that Martin O Neil has left Villa today. I have heard his name linked with the Celtic Job. Anyone think he might be heading back? Wrong move if true?

Source ?

Sky Sports news..5 live

I do know a couple of Villa supporters who think there is some behind-the-scenes friction, although they are more than happy with O'Neill. I don't think MON has done anything wrong at Villa. He's building a good team, with decent but not huge finances. They will be (in fact, are) serious fourth-place challengers. Surely, the board don't think he can do much more?

I do know a couple of Villa supporters who think there is some behind-the-scenes friction, although they are more than happy with O'Neill. I don't think MON has done anything wrong at Villa. He's building a good team, with decent but not huge finances. They will be (in fact, are) serious fourth-place challengers. Surely, the board don't think he can do much more?

He's spent about ?88 million! Those are some pretty big finances compared to most in the EPL.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/201...d-up-to-be.html