FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Where could I see the highlights of games?

dam17

Terrific stuff. Huge kudos to Andy, I know how time-consuming this must be. I hope the club reward with his own bespoke shirt (director on the back). The wmv worked good, some momentary freezes but no big deal. Good quality too. The flash option doesn't work at all - just a page full of code.(on Mac OSX 10.5.8)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been a long time coming and is groundbreaking stuff as far as ICT are concerned. Well done to those concerned and those that started the ball rolling.............whatever happened to the happy announcer.

Now we can see if the match reports are correct or not.................. :lol:

Just watched all of the highlights there. Really impressed with whats been put together.

However, on the County highlights the camera mysteriously cuts out with Foran through on goal and the next thing is him scoring the free-kick. Was the sending off really that dodgy? :lol:

A good question. Apparently, SFL rules prohibit red card incidents being broadcasted. Sounds stupid, I know, but that's the rules. However, a little birdie who has seen it has told me that Foran was DEFINITELY FOULED by Keddie.

Great news that we now this facility so full credit to the club!!

Now for some technical advice! -

I tried to view it in the wmv format and it worked - sort of! The green line that shows how far through the clip you are didn't move unless i repeatedly pressed the play button, then it would play maybe one or two frames at a time. If i stopped it and played it again it was fine until it reached the point of where it previously reached. So something obviously isn't right at my end. it took me almost 20 minutes to watch up till our 3rd goal in the county game but i had to continuously press the play button. Help pleae! but bear in mind that I am a technophobe so keep any advice idiot proof.

Cheers :lol:

When doing online/streaming video you have to find a balance between quality/file size/bitrate (the speed it serves the file to your PC). The files on the official site are produced at a level which keeps the quality of the video acceptable whilst compressing the file size and bitrate as much as possible. This should be enough for it to run smoothly on the majority of computers, but other things can come in to play and cause what you have/are experiencing...things such as your internet connection speed, PC's capabilities, browser you are using etc.

One thing you can do if you get these buffering/slow issues is load the page, hit the pause button and wait for the whole video to load on screen before watching....or try the .flv version to see if it behaves any better.

Guest Mahonio

I managed to get avideo now so scrap my last plea for help, ok.

Will watch the County highlights in about 15-20mins time :D

Wmv works for me but the colours are either purple or washed out red and the picture is very ghostly and grey background.. So, at first I am unable to identify the teams or the players.

I am playing it on Winamp. The flash does not open for me --just a black page on Winamp.

Must be my end I suppose. Any thoughts?

Wmv works for me but the colours are either purple or washed out red and the picture is very ghostly and grey background.. So, at first I am unable to identify the teams or the players.

I am playing it on Winamp. The flash does not open for me --just a black page on Winamp.

Must be my end I suppose. Any thoughts?

hello pimple, I was having all manner of problems trying to view, all I was getting was a black screen or nothing. Itried again just now and "bingo" perfect, no waiting and great picture. Thanks to all concerned.

Excellent stuff. Regarding the Foran incident now that the appeal has been dismissed can the footage be included or does it have to stay out altogether?

That is a very good question and one we will probably have to ask the club to clairfy with the SFL. The clip would certainly 'flow' better if at least part of that incident was in the highlights as it directly led to the first goal.

I think I already know the answer, but what is the deal with the Partick highlights?

I know that Partick have a guy filming it from the Jackie Husband, but I wasn't aware that we were. Is it because they are unable / unwilling to supply the footage?

we didnt have anyone filming it ..... end of story.

Dont think anyone asked Partick if we could use their footage or not. Dont even know if thats allowed as it never crossed my mind. We will however raise all these points with the club and ask them ..... its all new to most of us so there is still a bit of a learning curve to travel along.

Before anyone asks ... footage from today cannot be displayed until after 5PM tomorrow night but it will depend on how quickly Andy can create the footage, how quickly I can title and convert it, and how quickly Peter can adjust the index page on the official site as to what time it appears. :hiding03:

That's cool Scotty, I was pretty sure but thought that it never harmed to ask.

It's a fantastic idea, especially for someone like me who cannot attend all games. I just had a look on the Partick website, and they don't have the highlights for that match up yet - only going to March 23.

Before anyone asks ... footage from today cannot be displayed until after 5PM tomorrow night but it will depend on how quickly Andy can create the footage, how quickly I can title and convert it, and how quickly Peter can adjust the index page on the official site as to what time it appears. :hiding03:

Take your time Scotty, I think there are a few cardiac cases needing some recovery time before re-visiting that! Back to the good old Pele days..."go on then, score 3, we'll just score 4!"

I reckon that Partick have just decided not to bother...... a bit embarrassing for them as they were outclassed anyway. Funny they pride themselves on being the acceptable face of weegie fitba, fair minded fans and all that.

Also you'd think a lot of actors/thespians would be working abroad just now and might want to see their team in action :lol:

The problems that I had with wmv have been solved by DOUBLE clicking the flash link instead

The video then opened with Adobe Flash . Top Six Next Year also suggested a download for another free flash player from CNET and I downloaded that as support.

Picture VERY much better and have no complaints now. I can see the colours of the kits and can identify the teams and so forth .Oh and the pitch now looks like green grass .

Spectacular video.