FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contracts?

dam17

I'm not 100% sure but Nick Ross and Graeme Shinnie signed new contracts recently, as did Terry and Mo. I think we have 3 other players signed up for next year, Rooney and Duncan possibly but can't remember who the 3rd is.

I'm not 100% sure but Nick Ross and Graeme Shinnie signed new contracts recently, as did Terry and Mo. I think we have 3 other players signed up for next year, Rooney and Duncan possibly but can't remember who the 3rd is.

grant munro is the third i think :lol:

I would love to see this full squad play in the SPL next season, its just a bit to early to get things signed, with the determination that the players have, hopefully it wont be too long.

The team are so up for each game, I think if someone fired a cannon ball at Tokely he would head it off the line.

According to http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/, the following players' contracts are set to expire: Richie Foran, Ross Tokely, Jonny Hayes, Ryan Esson, Lee Cox, Danni Sanchez, David Proctor, Robert Eagle, Lionel Djebi-Zadi, Dan Stratford, Eric Odhiambo, Roy McBain.

Which would mean the only players with contracts beyond this summer are: Grant Munro, Stuart Golabek, Russell Duncan, Adam Rooney, Nick Ross, Kyle Allison, Gavin Morrison, Graeme Shinnie and Shane Sutherland...

According to http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/, the following players' contracts are set to expire: Richie Foran, Ross Tokely, Jonny Hayes, Ryan Esson, Lee Cox, Danni Sanchez, David Proctor, Robert Eagle, Lionel Djebi-Zadi, Dan Stratford, Eric Odhiambo, Roy McBain.

Which would mean the only players with contracts beyond this summer are: Grant Munro, Stuart Golabek, Russell Duncan, Adam Rooney, Nick Ross, Kyle Allison, Gavin Morrison, Graeme Shinnie and Shane Sutherland...

Of the ones set to expire, the ONLY ones i think that are up to SPL football are Foran, Hayes, Esson and Coz. We would survive without the others. And before anyone points it out...yes i know i have omitted Tokely. I think he would struggle this time round at SPL level

Had we not clawed our way back into the current position then I would be arguing the case for getting players signed up now, no matter what. However, so long as the players are content with holding off till we are promoted or otherwise then I see no point whatsoever in bringing in any kind of distraction between now and the end of the season.

Of the ones set to expire, the ONLY ones i think that are up to SPL football are Foran, Hayes, Esson and Coz. We would survive without the others. And before anyone points it out...yes i know i have omitted Tokely. I think he would struggle this time round at SPL level

And I think you're crazy! :lol:

I think we could do with getting most of them signed up. Everyone apart from Lionel, Stratford, Odi and Mcbain.

Surely we should sign them now on SFL1 wages with a clause should we gain entry to SPL, unless Oor Tel has other plans?

If you were Cox, Hayes or Foran et al., would you want to commit yourself to 1st division football should we fail to get promoted?

These players will know that other clubs will come in for them, it will be easy for other clubs to take them because they will be free. They know they will get the offer of more ? and higher league football.

Edited by kiltarlity

Surely we should sign them now on SFL1 wages with a clause should we gain entry to SPL, unless Oor Tel has other plans?

If you were Cox, Hayes or Foran et al., would you want to commit yourself to 1st division football should we fail to get promoted?

These players will know that other clubs will come in for them, it will be easy for other clubs to take them because they will be free. They know they will get the offer of more ? and higher league football.

Aye but we're going to be SPL next year. If they leave, so be it. They will have the Caley curse if they go. Look at Imrie playing for Hamilton.

And I think you're crazy! :lol:

I think we could do with getting most of them signed up. Everyone apart from Lionel, Stratford, Odi and Mcbain.

I disagree with that. I think we should sign up odhiambo. If we had him and hayes on the wing we would have two extremely fast wingers who could deliver balls into the two strikers (foran and rooney)

Yet another season goes by where people think superman isn't upto the job. I remember his first season in the SPL when he had his doubters and ended up being our best player by a mile. Tokely deserves another shot at the SPL and he'll prove everyone wrong yet again IMO.

Yet another season goes by where people think superman isn't upto the job. I remember his first season in the SPL when he had his doubters and ended up being our best player by a mile. Tokely deserves another shot at the SPL and he'll prove everyone wrong yet again IMO.

Where "IMO" being the operative words!!

But surely after everyone wrote him off season after season from the 3rd division right up to the SPL you would know better than to assume he wouldn't be good enough again next year.

And I think you're crazy! :D

I disagree with that. I think we should sign up odhiambo. If we had him and hayes on the wing we would have two extremely fast wingers who could deliver balls into the two strikers (foran and rooney)

On 2nd thoughts, yes you are right. I don't think we would miss him terribly though if he doesn't get offered a new contract.

But surely after everyone wrote him off season after season from the 3rd division right up to the SPL you would know better than to assume he wouldn't be good enough again next year.

You have to realise, that Tokely was NEVER blessed with much pace. He will get crucified next season IF we are in the SPL. U have to accept that players dont go on forever. I firmly believe tht Ross has played his part in the ICT story...but its time to let him go....ESPECIaLLY if we should find ourselves promoted next season. But fear not, i think his place at the table will be safe, i just hope we dont live to regret it.

"I disagree with that. I think we should sign up odhiambo. If we had him and hayes on the wing we would have two extremely fast wingers who could deliver balls into the two strikers (foran and rooney)". thecaleyteenager

I disagree, Odhiambo is not a winger and never will be, far too lightweight ?? I really don't think he's that good a player his speed flatters to deceive, he has not the strength or the ball skills (dribbling skills) to pass defenders and can he cross a ball?

Eagles may come good yet, he certainly has the pace, and can cross a ball . But he too needs to toughen up!, having said that IMO he's not as lightweight as Odhiambo and I have seen Eagles dribble past defenders.

Edited by kiltarlity

True, although Richie could have stayed in the SPL last summer but decided to stay at TCS. Maybe he'd be happy staying with Terry whatever league we're in? Although yes for Cox, Hayes and the rest you've got to believe they'll be SPL players next season regardless of whether we go up or not. Or back down to England...

And I think you're crazy! :004:

On 2nd thoughts, yes you are right. I don't think we would miss him terribly though if he doesn't get offered a new contract.

yes i agree but i wouldnt be dissapointed if we did sign him up.