Scotty

ball_icon.pngTHE POST-MATCH THREAD

Discuss what happened in the ICT game in this thread

invernesshomesmall.png

I.C.T. -V- DUNDEE

dundeehomesmall.png

1 - 0

POST-MATCH LINKS
TEAM LINES/STATS (game) PLAYER STATS (season)
MATCH REPORT LEAGUE TABLE
POY POLL VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

ie8-logo.png

SPORTBOX SUMMARY

firefox-logo.png

post-2-1272732654_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Audio clips added to the match report page ....

HT report from Radio Scotland

FT Speech by Terry Butcher (Moray Firth Radio)

Presentation of Trophy (Moray Firth Radio)

http://caleythistleonline.com/news/match-r...t-dundee-report

*note: BBC Radio Scotland allow us to rip audio and play it on the site but I am chancing my arm with MFR. If requested, we will remove the audio.

I hope so !!! we will likely have a 3 minute match highlight reel and I assume Andy will be doing a separate 'non-match' reel

So happy I was at Ayr Last week :D .......stuck offshore this week :D !!

Hope there is good footage of the after match celebrations on ictfc.co.uk match highlights

Here's looking forward to top 6 football next season.....let's face it who can challenge us?

Amazing day out and great effort by the players and Tel etc. to come round and see all the fans! The game itself wasn't great but we could've won by a couple more goals had Eric and Nick been on target!

Great day. Match was nothing special but a win over Dundee is a win over Dundee.

21 games unbeaten is purely phenominal and well done to the lads for pulling of such a terrific season from November onwards.

The trophy presentation was very well constructed and coreographed and well done to those that were part of it.

Only thing that worried me was that Rosscoe was celebrating so much with fans that it almost looked as though he was bidding us farewell. :(

And the Doncaster scout can forget about signing anyone, Hayes was distinctly average today and Rooney will never finish like that again. :lol:

aye hope any scouts watching rooney and hayes today were directed to dingwall or somewhere instead.hayes was devastating and rooney immense again. :lol: desperate to see these guys let loose in the spl for at least a season with us

Hayes didn't look at all disappointed, and neither he or Roscoe threw their shirts into the crowd. But Johnny did lose his shorts when signing autographs....

Think Roscoe was just delighted to be back in the SPL especially after being sent off against Falkirk. Cracking to see him psyched with the cup.

Pish game, but 9 in a row and 22 unbeaten aint bad going. Every player looked delighted at the end of the game, Rooney winning both the player of the year awards as well.

Only thing that worried me was that Rosscoe was celebrating so much with fans that it almost looked as though he was bidding us farewell. :(

Aye, others were saying that it looked like a farewell. :lol:

I know we shouldn't read too much into the game when there is the party frame of mind but we were distinctly 2nd best until our player of the year slotted home the goal. But as has been the case recently, lady luck was with us. Dundee nearly went ahead when Esson made a superb save to deflect a well struck free kick onto the post. Then a Dundee player decided to fall on his *rse well before the tackle came in when he was well placed to score - should have been booked.

A further attack saw a pretty cynical challenge from Bulvitis not penalised and then the ball moved up the other end of the park for our goal.

Bulvitis was very poor today and will struggle at a higher level. The rest of the back 4 were excellent. Hayes was terrific and put the fear of God in the opposition. Often there were 3 or even four opponents on him which created a fair bit of space for the rest of our midfield which they failed to take advantage of. They dwelt far too long on the ball, first touch was poor and so was the distribution. Even Rooney, apart from a well taken goal seemed to lack control. We looked a much poorer side without Richie Foran. Nice to see Nick Ross get a game - he did OK.

Eric missed two golden opportunites and then Ross missed another but more than a single goal win would have flattered us.

But the main thing is - we won! again! We seem to have learnt the knack of winning when not playing well and if we can do that in the SPL I will be more than happy.

Just back.. feckin knackered. Golly was best player on the park, hayes and cox were our other star performers. I thought we were a bit flat before the goal. Wasn't a vintage performance but an effective one. Once again very well organised and the shape is perfect. This was my only visit to TCS this season, but I thought the announcer was excellent, is this the one people were complaining about?

Just back.. feckin knackered. Golly was best player on the park, hayes and cox were our other star performers. I thought we were a bit flat before the goal. Wasn't a vintage performance but an effective one. Once again very well organised and the shape is perfect. This was my only visit to TCS this season, but I thought the announcer was excellent, is this the one people were complaining about?

Not the normal announcer that was titch mccooey mfr dj.

Stunning scenes.

I have never seen anything like this , not here, not at Telford Street.

Magnificent to see so many youngsters enjoying themselves.

Football is alive and well in Inverness I think and this augurs well for the future.

A huge thanks to MEE for these videos. :021: B) :004:

Scarlet

A huge thanks to MEE for these videos. :021: B) :004:

Scarlet

No bother, I didn't want to start a new thread but that seems to be the fashion lol

Here's a couple of others

Terry is interviewed by Tich

I was really impressed with the team. They didn't have anything to play for beyond maintaining the unbeaten run, but for most of the match they looked really up for it and played some lovely passing football. As other posters have already mentioned, Hayes was outstanding once again - I really hope he decides it'll benefit him to stay with us for at least a season in the SPL. Thought Nick Ross looked skilful up front too, although he Iwelumoed big-style after a great set-up from Hayes.

The celebrations lacked the real euphoria of Ayr, but it was still well worth coming up for. Quite looking forward to a couple of months off now, though: the epic hangovers every second Sunday are becoming intolerable.

I have to say that one of the funiest things of the season happened minutes into the second half.

One of our Hospitality guests thought it would be a great idea to stand up shortly after taking his seat and belt out something along the lines of "Come on Dundee, get into these Caley *%@$&#?"

Not too clever with Plod standing only 6 feet away. Dragged away with his four mates trying to give the case for the defense.

Two classics

1. The wag who shouted out "Officer, he tried to sell me drugs earlier" - I'm sure I even saw the edges of one of the Northern Constabulary's finesst twitch upwards :P

2. One of the four mates taking a photo of the Officers, presumably to try and put in some form of complaint! :D