FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jonny Tuffey

Libero

Skysports.com understands that Inverness Caldedonian Thistle are set to sign Jonny Tuffey on a two-year contract.

The Partick Thistle keeper is understood to be holding transfer talks with the SPL's newest club on Wednesday.

Tuffey, a product of Coventry's youth academy, has spent the past four years with Partick Thistle.

The 23-year-old is now in discussions with the Caledonian Stadium outfit and is set to sign a two-year contract.

It had been thought Inverness dropped their interest in Tuffey last week after having two bids rejected for his services.

linky

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was mentioned just after 7.30am this morning on MFR. I was semi-conscious at that time, but I think Butcher said he hopes to have the Tuffey signing completed by the end of the week. Incredible coup.

Are you sure you didn't dream that?

:lol:

im thinking how Esson will react to this..some serious competition for his number 1 jersey, although I think Tuffey is untested at SPL level.

Great coup if it comes to fruition.

I think im right that Tuffey is an Northern Irish U21 keeper. He was in FM10

Edited by BornCaley

It was mentioned just after 7.30am this morning on MFR. I was semi-conscious at that time, but I think Butcher said he hopes to have the Tuffey signing completed by the end of the week. Incredible coup.

Are you sure you didn't dream that? :lol:

That is vaguely possible, I must admit :)

Tuffey in goals? It'll be interesting to see what odds the bookies are offering on a Top Six finish. Evens I reckon...

I doubt it! We will still be favoured to be bottom 6, signing a keeper won't change that.

I find this a bit of a weird move even though he is a top keeper. We have Esson who is more than capable in goals, just seems that we don't really need him if we are keeping Esson. Tuffey won't be wanting to move as a number 2 especially as he has broken into the Northern Ireland squad.

Well has Esson not only signed a 1 year deal. Hopefully Butcher is planning for the longer term, wanting to get a younger keeper in the squad early, getting him settled, and looking to establish himself, rather than trying to get someone signed up next year. Should hopefully also push Esson to up his game (not saying he needs too, but is better he knows there is strong competition for his place).

Think Butcher was quoted as saying he wanted strong competition for every position, well this is it.

Most SPL clubs have two first-team keepers (bar Hibs of course - they've gone from zero to three!). Killie, Motherwell (even if one is Fraser), Hearts, Aberdeen are trying, Accies...

Our normal stance of one decent, plus a Highland Leaguer is more unusual.

Motherwell (even if one is Fraser)

Reportedly told he's not wanted there, and having a trial with a South African team.

By the sounds of it he's back from the trial and on the look out for a new club

THIS.IS.MINT!

agreed!!

excellent signing and one that will push both keepers to perform to their best abilities .....

I do not remember a time in our short history when we truly had two keepers that fans would agree were top notch !!!! sure we had McRitchie/Calder then Calder/Fridge/Walker etc then Brown/Ridgers/Fraser etc but in each case - apart from maybe McRitchie /Calder in our first couple of seasons at a far lower level - I dont think there was ever a time where fans would truly be happy regardless of which keeper was between the sticks.

10/10 for this one ICT !!!