FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

October form

Alex MacLeod

Three games this month:

Away to Rangers --- I believe the boys will be well up for this, based on previous form at Castle Greyskull. and will, at the very least, come away with a point. Though the Huns are there for the taking so three points is a possibility.

Home to Falkirk --- This is a definite must win game. We've got to get two home wins on a run to give the boys a boost. To show there is no curse on TCS. And to show the home fans we can do it. Besides the three points are needed.

Away to St Mirren--- This is revenge for the hiding we got first game of the season. Got to show them the real ICT. And another three points of course.

So, all in all, I will be expecting at least seven points in October. Sadly I'm going to be in sunny Cyprus for the home game but I'll defo be at the two away matches.

And before all the negative posters get in just remember, we've only lost two out of nine games so far this season. Only Celtic can better that. And Hearts can equal it. And we're in eighth place with two games, from the first round, to go.      Mon the Caley Jaggies

Away to Rangers --- I believe the boys will be well up for this, based on previous form at Castle Greyskull. and will, at the very least, come away with a point. Though the Huns are there for the taking so three points is a possibility.

You can't go to Ibrox expecting anything but a good performance, the last 2 seasons we have been exceptional against Rangers and have shown that they are nothing to fear but if we get anything from this it will be a bonus.

Home to Falkirk --- This is a definite must win game. We've got to get two home wins on a run to give the boys a boost. To show there is no curse on TCS. And to show the home fans we can do it. Besides the three points are needed.

Agree.. I expect 3 points

Away to St Mirren--- This is revenge for the hiding we got first game of the season. Got to show them the real ICT. And another three points of course.

Going to be an extremely difficult game they play with 3 at the back, which is ideal for an opposing team if they have good wingers so we need a massive performance from Wilson.  I'm sure Tokely will be up for it aswell!!

6 points would be a great achievment and will hoist us up the table.  After these 3 games we will have a clear view of how our season is going to progress, every team will have played each other so hopefully we have creeped into the top six after the Falkirk game. :001:

yup - agree with whats above. 6 points from the games against Falkirk and St Midden should be the aim although I am sure they will think similarly. Taking anything from the Rangers game will be a bonus, so 6 out of 9 is realistic.

I watched all of Falkirk - Celtic at the weekend.... Falkirk played really well and were very hard done by to get nothing from it.

Our match with them will be the toughest of these 3 fixtures because of the pressure, and the home fans expectations. A draw won't be a bad result.

They (Falkirk) also have a blo0dy good manager, and will be very aware of what they have achieved here in recent clashes.

There won't be the same pressure in the two away fixtures - 3 points from St Midden, and 1 from Ibrox should be a realistic target.

Bollox..!! He's like a 12th man for them..... I hope to God we win it, but It'll be tougher than Dumpfermline.

Any muppet can jump about and shout at their team, I honestly think Falkirk will fall to pieces when Latapy retires unless they get a new manager

I've never heard an intelligent word uttered from his mouth in any interview..... muppet!!

I agree about intelligent words, Harry.... but his players do seem to respond to his antics....

Martin O' Neil has the same kind of approach and it seems to work for him....

CC is a different type of character, with a different approach.... he was, and still is the right choice for ICT....

If Falkirk do get some kind of a result here, you know what they'll all be saying, don't you..?

Something like..."How can we no get a muppet..!"

Fortunately Latapy's only good for about 45 mins.....

...Our match with them will be the toughest of these 3 fixtures because of the pressure, and the home fans expectations. A draw won't be a bad result...

Indeed after they dominated the fixture in the cup game a draw would not be a bad result ( you can almost hear the clowns getting on CC's back ), neither would it be an acceptable one though - 3 points is a must and we've got to approach it positively. Worry too much about Latapy and you're creating space for the others in the team. Make them work and worry about our guys.

After the home win last Sat (all be it a scrappy affair) i think any result other than a loss at Ibrox will be a great platform for the next 2 games and yes i can see a good possibility of 7 from 9 points being a realistic target....ok that might mean getting 3 points next Sat, but why not.

Macca :crap01:

Guest Sandy Cromarty

There's no doubt that the last man you would want to be chained to a radiator with in Baghdad for  two years is John Hughes but you have to admit that this guy is one helluva motivator and listening to his interviews he certainly praises his players, his attitude alone has earned a few points for them over the last two seasons.

Yogi is a muppet!! As long as Latapy is kept quiet there is no reason we can't get 3 points out of this

I think Olaf has had too much of an impact on you Gaz!  :015:

Latapy was kept quiet in the CIS game and they still beat us. We are two very evenly matched teams IMO. It all comes down to what happens on the day and who clicks into gear the quickest.

• 2 weeks later...

9 points up for grabs in October, and sure enough as we all know we got the hardest 3 yesterday(on paper) i can't see any reason why we won't get at least 7 now. 2 wins on the trot that includes the scalp of Rangers should motivate the players sufficiently and i expect another 3 points in the bag for our home game with Falkirk.

Have heard several comments about the team not playing well enough, that might be, but there is no written rule that you only win games by playing the opposition off the park, ive seen plenty of games where this happens and you don't get anything out of the game, the most important thing is to win, after that you can work on winning in style or with full control.

Keep up the good work ICT.

Macca