FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

England and the media.

Johnboy

Switching on Sky News this morning at 7.00am - there was only ever going to be headline and talking point.

Long range cameras focused on the England team getting off the plane at Heathrow hoping to catch a glimpse of an England player or players smiling or sharing a joke. The comments from reporters covering the scenario, and fans phoning, or emailing Sky, just beggared belief.

There were suggestions that the FA, instead of giving Capello an ?18 million pay-off, should instead, compensate all these poor supporters who had coughed up so much of their hard earned, to go and support the team. Others even suggested that the England players should be compensating all these poor hard done-by fans. Was the whole trip completely ruined for them? At least their team reached the knock out stages of the competition - something Scotland have never, ever achieved.

Can anyone remember the 1994 World Cup finals when a Columbian player, Escobar scored an own goal which caused them to lose against the USA? He was brutally murdered by so-called supporters a couple of weeks later. How far away are we from an event like that happening in England?

I did smile when someone commented on the fact that virtually all the cars that collected the players were German.

Audi

Mercedes

BMW

One even had the number plate REF

One reporter at Heathrow commenting on the weather, and the shower just coming into Heathrow

It's moments like this that make it all worthwhile.

There were suggestions that the FA, instead of giving Capello an ?18 million pay-off, should instead, compensate all these poor supporters who had coughed up so much of their hard earned, to go and support the team. Others even suggested that the England players should be compensating all these poor hard done-by fans. Was the whole trip completely ruined for them? At least their team reached the knock out stages of the competition - something Scotland have never, ever achieved.

Aye John... you forget to say that England were going to win the WC this year and they had planned who they were going to play in the semi-final 4 weeks ago!!!!!

Can anyone remember the 1994 World Cup finals when a Columbian player, Escobar scored an own goal which caused them to lose against the USA? He was brutally murdered by so-called supporters a couple of weeks later. How far away are we from an event like that happening in England?

So what about the North Korean team? Where are they now?

Salt mine?

Labour Camp?

Guineapigs for nuclear testing?

.... whilst the North Korean people are being told that their Glorious Eleven, thanks to the personal inspiration of The Short Arsed Leader, has won the World Cup! :lol:

Salt mine?

Labour Camp?

.... whilst the North Korean people are being told that their Glorious Eleven, thanks to the personal inspiration of The Short Arsed Leader, has won the World Cup! :lol:

Coal mines apparently.

Link

Apparently, some of the 1966 squad were sent to Labour camps for throwing away a 3 goal lead to Portugal to lose 5-3, even though they were the first Asian team to reach the quarter finals.

Edited by Renegade

Salt mine?

Labour Camp?

Coal mines apparently.

Except for the manager who is called Kim-Jong Hun and who will therefor replace walter Smith at Ibrox on July 12th. I think I'd preferr to work in the Korean coal mines! :lol:

Ah the good old english media at it again. Can't accept that the ref and linesman made an error and have to analyize it in every way possible, including computer representations of the incident. They had half a second to see it. One was blocked by Lampard and Nueur and the other was a good bit away. Neither was certain so couldn't give it. It was a mistake. They happen. If anything they did England a favour as now they won't have to get even more carried away only to take a bigger hiding from the Argentina team.

As for the inquests into poor form, the OTT scrutinising of Capello and the excuse to read something out of anything - Players smiling. Oh shock horror! Im sure they are down about the game but it doesn't mean they have to go into depression for the next 4 years.

Why should the fans be compensated? It was their choice to go. It's there fault if they didn't realise there was a risk the team could play poorly and get knocked out. Did they expect to win it or something. To finish top of their group and play in Rustenburg?

No need to answer that.

Gerrard got his wifes sister pregnant which split up the England camp in SA. John terry wanted the captiancy taken off gerrard. They hate eachother

also, wayne Rooney was sleeping with prostitutes in SA

it'll be in the news soon!

Gerrard got his wifes sister pregnant which split up the England camp in SA. John terry wanted the captiancy taken off gerrard. They hate eachother

That's right, nothing ever happens to Scottish players when representing thier country does it? they're good as gold aren't they?

Short memories. :lol:

Gerrard's going to get one BIG shock when he finds out - his wife doesn't have a sister! She does have a brother or two. I suspect it'll be the first pregnant man...

...yeah, that'll be it...

...or it's complete :moon2:

I don't think so. With such a high risk of disease............they wouldn't go near him.

It was plain that Wayne Rooney couldn't score in a brothel during the World Cup

I have a mate down south who told me over a week ago that something has happened to Wayne Rooney, and the press agreed to keep it quiet until after the world cup, so watch the papers next week. Old habits apparently dont go away!

I have a mate down south who told me over a week ago that something has happened to Wayne Rooney, and the press agreed to keep it quiet until after the world cup, so watch the papers next week. Old habits apparently dont go away!

Haven't seen anything in the papers about Rooney yet !

Haven't seen anything in the papers about Rooney yet !

Other than plenty of analysis as to why he was so utterly p1sh! ;)

If he'd been up to anything scandalous, the British tabloids would not be able to keep it quiet, and foreign ones most certainly wouldn't.