FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT 0-0 Real Valladolid (FT)

caleyrule

If sisi was the tiny player at right mid, then he was very very good! Dangerous everytime he got the ball.

Nick Ross off for Shane Sutherland

RV had a stone wall pen turned down. Malpas seemed to think it was a dive by his hand signals.

We've managed to injure a few of their players with some meaty challenges!

Inverness CT 0-0 Real Valladolid (FT)

Seriously cant wait fer the match feedback - in all seriousness (I just had to lighten the feckin internet boredom) Valladolid only just got relgated from La Liga last season so this may have been a far better work out than it sounds.

Enjoyed this fixture.

Caley we superb even with key players missing.

we also have to remember that Real Valladolid had a totally different side on the second half.

I'm glad to see Eric playing soo well lately, he's improved soo much, he is tackling hard and winning the ball back.

Kenny, the new boy, was good and I hope he keeps playing like that.

Interesting clash of football styles. Passing & movement Vs long ball. See if you can guess which was which?

The Spanish dominated possession but failed to create any clear cut chances in what was pretty much a training exercise for them. We huffed and puffed also with no end product.

There No 21 seemed to be the pick of the bunch in the 1st half. Wee guy who played wide right. Shame he went off.

For us Eric, Rossco & Coxy were the best performers. It was my first look at some of the new guys and it would be unfair to judge them on one game but Blumenshtein has the potential to be the next Darran Thomson!

Quite an intrigueing game - maybe not the excitement of a full blown competitive match but interesting none the less.

Thought they started off with their passing game and kept possesion pretty well but we came back into the game and certainly didn't look out of place against them. Thought Rossco did rerally well tonight and if he can play like that consistently in the SPL then all the talk of his demise regarding his pace etc might be a bit premature. Also thought we looked more composed at the back with Proctor and Mcann playing and passing the ball from the back rather than hoofing it up the park although we were prone to do that from time to time. The new boy Gillet looked good and Golly will have a fair bit of competion. In the middle thought we looked ok with cox,duncan,rossand Gil combining reasonably well though IMO gil has nice movement but flatters to deceive. Eric looked sharp and Adam was his usual self

All in All a decent excersise against a decent team and we managed to lull Neil Lennon into a false sense of security ahead of a week Saturday:_header:

Spot the manager has now found Peter Houston

I spotted Derek Adams before the match along with Barrowboy, Scott Boyd and Richard Brittain.

Boring,boring game. Such a lack of attacking football. Rossco and Coxy were our best players IMO, Gil was dreadful, Gillet's anticipation of where the ball is going was poor. He kept missing it and he seemed to be in the wrong place most of the time. Tuffey was solid at the back but no-one ever looked like scoring

Enjoyed that. No goals but a real clash of footballing styles.

You had to admire RV's passing. In the first half, particularly, there were long spells where we couldn't get a foot on the ball. I was also impressed by their tackling at key moments when our players were moving into dangerous positions. Our guys could never afford to hesitate or one of them was right on top of them. Up front they lacked a cutting edge.

Plus points for us were good performance in defence where Rosscoe was superb, Proctor played well on his comeback and Gillet did well on his debut.

• Agree 1

Spot the manager has now found Peter Houston

I spotted Derek Adams before the match along with Barrowboy, Scott Boyd and Richard Brittain.

Boring,boring game. Such a lack of attacking football. Rossco and Coxy were our best players IMO, Gil was dreadful, Gillet's anticipation of where the ball is going was poor. He kept missing it and he seemed to be in the wrong place most of the time. Tuffey was solid at the back but no-one ever looked like scoring

I agree not many goal chances tonight. Gil was trying to take on players and kept losing it and Gillet looked suspect at times. We also seemed to be afraid to shoot or took one touch too many and the shooting opportunity was lost. On the plus side, Real played some nice flowing football and we managed to keep things tight and didn't look out of place playing against decent European opposition.

I take a lot of positives from the game, Nick Ross has a good bit of pace and skill but is still a bit lightweight being easily brushed aside in challenges. Kenny Gillet looks comfortable on the ball and easily disposessed the opposition on several occasions where we would normally have been left exposed, he also found his way up the park a few times in support when we shouldn't have needed it. Gil Blumenshtein has yet to convince me he is as good as he said he is in the press, no better than what we had already although no worse. McCann again turned in a solid performance also giving support up the park when needed. Eric was outstanding and would have been a cert to score but for the opposition getting everyone and his granny back into the box when they were dispossessed.

I am feeling quite confident that we'll be ready when Celtic come calling a week Saturday. If we have a full squad to choose from then even better.

It was indeed a lone vuvuzela. I enjoyed that tonight, an interesting clash of styles. Our passing was good in parts, but there was a serious lack of chance making/ taking. Their passing was really good, but no finish either, so I suppose a draw was on the cards all along. Theirs was a stonewall penalty shout, and a couple of ours could have got booked as well as their lone guy for pulling back Eric. He must have felt quite victimised. Highlight for me was Tuffey giving Blumenstein pelters for giving a ball away. Brilliant. Realy good first showing from Gillet and McCann again looked a player.

I could believe again this season.

A bit of a dull game really. ICT really need to keep the ball down a bit more, they did at times, but sometimes it's just long ball after long ball. Vallodolid played some nice stuff. Proper Spanish football for periods, but maybe lacked a bit of bite going forward. Tuffey was solid, Tokely had a good game and Odhiambo again looked good, along with Cox and Ross putting in good shifts. Blumenshtein was anonymous a lot of the time, and I think that's mainly to do with he was played. He has a good touch and some other good aspects of his game, but he's no tear-away-winger like Hayes. Hopefully Butcher will see this and moves him to the centre, cause if he stays out wide it'll probably be more of the same. Gillet looked comfortable on the ball and seems to have potential, but did look a little rusty at times but that's to be expected considering he hasn't played a game for a few months. Rooney again didn't get the distribution. I still feel ICT are maybe one good striker away from a good team, but there is potential in what is in hand.

Defensively solid all the way throughout the night. All four defenders looked unbreakable and as mentioned Gillet had a good debut. Tuffey also did well when required and kept a clean sheet on his home debut.

Without Hayes and Foran we struggle to really create anything, Odi and Ross looked really lively but struggled to really prouduce a final ball of any kind. I'd say we could mayb'e use another wide player of some sort. Has Mackay-Steven actually departed yet?

Valladolid looked a good side, slick passing, tasty skills...but struggled to break us down which was great to see ahead of the opening game

Despite it being a no score there was alot of positives from tonight, looking forward to Saturday.

Edited by ajsict92
  • Disagree 1

Definately in the boring boring boring camp. Just showed how much we miss Foran and Hayes up front. We just seem to struggle to produce anything up front without them. Hope the Antwerp game is a bit better. I think I expected lots of goals from this game so all in all very disappointing.

It must just be me then. I thought Nick Ross was like the Morton game, I know, I know, he scored, but apart from that he was brushed aside and unable to get past his markers. Gil was much the same, and there endeth the creators for Rooney who ploughed a lone furrow.

On the plus side, McCann looked comfortable and Proctor was solid alongside the outstanding Rossco. Gillet started efficiently but as mentioned left a hole at the back after foraging forward and had a couple of sliced clearances, but overall was ok. Duncan upended a couple of guys, nothing malicious, just vicious. Tuffey had nothing to do other than clear pass backs which he did effectively. Man of the moment Eric was a close run thing for MoM with Rossco. He looks very sharp and if only he would have a dig from distance he might have made the keeper work, but he looke dthe one most likely to open the Real defence. Cox and Rooney having the only decent attempts at scoring although Nick Ross could have done better when he hit the ball into the ground as he snatched at a strike in the first half. Penalty claim, I thought his foot was blocked, but he did go down open armed.

Otherwise, a dull first half, brightened up a little in the second but always intriguing.

For Valladolid, their small number 21 was full of tricks and was easy on the eye.

The sooner Hayes and Foran are fit, the better.

• Agree 1

It must just be me then. I thought Nick Ross was like the Morton game, I know, I know, he scored, but apart from that he was brushed aside and unable to get past his markers. Gil was much the same, and there endeth the creators for Rooney who ploughed a lone furrow.

On the plus side, McCann looked comfortable and Proctor was solid alongside the outstanding Rossco. Gillet started efficiently but as mentioned left a hole at the back after foraging forward and had a couple of sliced clearances, but overall was ok. Duncan upended a couple of guys, nothing malicious, just vicious. Tuffey had nothing to do other than clear pass backs which he did effectively. Man of the moment Eric was a close run thing for MoM with Rossco. He looks very sharp and if only he would have a dig from distance he might have made the keeper work, but he looke dthe one most likely to open the Real defence. Cox and Rooney having the only decent attempts at scoring although Nick Ross could have done better when he hit the ball into the ground as he snatched at a strike in the first half. Penalty claim, I thought his foot was blocked, but he did go down open armed.

Otherwise, a dull first half, brightened up a little in the second but always intriguing.

For Valladolid, their small number 21 was full of tricks and was easy on the eye.

The sooner Hayes and Foran are fit, the better.

I'd agree with your appraisal there

I think Nick definitely needs to build up a bit, quite a few times he was brushed off the ball to easy and as you mention when the wingers arent beating their men then Rooney doesnt get anywhere near the amount of chances than when Foran and Hayes play out wide. I think with Ross its all about game experience, he's a battler and never short of effort, i just think he needs games and more exposure to the first team and he should progress well

Blumanstein for me was pretty ineffectual at left wing as was Sanchez on the right wing in the second half. Blumanstein looks like he would fit in best in the hole behind Rooney but the way Eric has started this season there is going to be a fair bit of competition.

Tuffey looks composed and his distribution and kicking looked pretty decent. He also showed that he isnt afraid to shout at his players if he feels they arent pulling their weight.

Rosscoe hands down MoM for me, dealt with absolutely everything thrown at him and seems a lot more composed than when he is at RB

McCann looks decent and i think considering Gillet was playing with the team for the first time then he showed promise.

Overall a sound defensive performance but with too many long ball passes and not enough creativity in the final third. We definitely missed creativity from the wings last night but bearing in mind Foran and Hayes were out it is understandable