FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Foran is no ready

TopSix

I may be holding onto false hope but i've not actually seen anything official to say that Foran is definitely out of the Celtic game? He certainly doesn't make mention of an injury HERE in an interview that was published today and there doesn't seem to be anywhere reporting it. Please can someone fill me in if i'm wrong!

Still nothing about the injury on the official site. Also weird the press and journal have an interview from foran saying they will hold their own against Celtic, but mentions nothing of the injury.

It's all over the back page of the Inverness Courier I'm afraid. Out for 3/4 weeks. Nothing serious found but a quick tidy up while they were inside. Deffo out for Celtic, Arabs, Peterheid, and they will assess him as he builds up his fitness. His op was on wednesday, which has meant lots of misleading articles on the rounds......including our own preview which has now been amended to reflect his situation.

Topic title changed to reflect that.

I have just had it confirmed Gil Blumanshtein will play in Richie Foran position tomorrow and Nick Ross is on the bench

I just can't understand how TB sees Blumanshtein as effective cover for Foran..... He's just not in the same league.....

I'd much rather have seen Golabeck back at LB and Gillet moved up to left midfield... At least with him you get a bit of bite, and some meaningful commitment.

Thank God Jonny Hayes is available for this one.

I have just had it confirmed Gil Blumanshtein will play in Richie Foran position tomorrow and Nick Ross is on the bench

I'm guessing our midfield/attack will be this then:

-------Cox------Duncan-------

Hayes------Eric----------Gil

----------Rooney------------

Gil has a very good setpiece, which I reckon will be our best chance of a goal tomorrow. But has failed to impress me in the games I've seen him play, where he's often been losing possession, getting muscled off the ball, not tracking back, cutting inside too much... etc etc. I hope the chance to appear on TV in front of a global audience is going to spark him into life a bit!!

What really worries me about Foran missing out is how little an outlet we have from goalkicks/kicks up the park... as neither Gil or Hayes will win anything in the air.

I'm guessing our midfield/attack will be this then:

-------Cox------Duncan-------

Hayes------Eric----------Gil

----------Rooney------------

Gil has a very good setpiece, which I reckon will be our best chance of a goal tomorrow. But has failed to impress me in the games I've seen him play, where he's often been losing possession, getting muscled off the ball, not tracking back, cutting inside too much... etc etc. I hope the chance to appear on TV in front of a global audience is going to spark him into life a bit!!

What really worries me about Foran missing out is how little an outlet we have from goalkicks/kicks up the park... as neither Gil or Hayes will win anything in the air.

Think that a pretty accurate assessment Ross especially the cutting in part if he's out on the left!

Even for ICT fans this must be a new record to write off recent signing. Whoever plays instead of Foran tomorrow will get my full backing.

Absolutely, he's played a few pre-season friendlies. Give the lad a chance!! Like you RiG i'll be giving him my full support

I may be holding onto false hope but i've not actually seen anything official to say that Foran is definitely out of the Celtic game? He certainly doesn't make mention of an injury HERE in an interview that was published today and there doesn't seem to be anywhere reporting it. Please can someone fill me in if i'm wrong!

Unfortunately you are indeed holding on to false hope. Understandably this thread does reflect a degree of denial and incredulity over the absence of such a key player who made such a spectacular return on Saturday but Richie will indeed be out for something like three weeks.

So just to put the record absolutely straight, I spoke to the manager yesterday morning and he told me then what was happening - hence yesterday's BBC story referred to above. The Courier presumably did the same in advance of today's back page story.

He told me that Richie had an arthroscopy done on Wednesday. That's basically a minimally invasive procedure involving the insertion of a clear plastic tube which allows the surgeon to look around inside the joint. At the same time they washed out any "crap" that might have been in the joint which might have caused some pain. Nothing sinister was found and, with rehab (maybe including Maurice imposing more of what Richie earlier bemoaned as "Inverness Harriers" style running :lol: ) he should be back on the go and good as new in about three weeks.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Agree that its harsh to write off Blumanshtein before the season even begins but i'd like to have seen him earn his place. On pre-season showings i would say Nick Ross has earned the nod ahead of him if it boiled down to that but big Terry's the boss and i'll give my support to all who start v the tic. :ictscarf:

Big day for Blummanshtein tomorrow. I look forward to seeing him in action. In terms of cover i wouldn't mind seeing someone come in on loan. I like Nick Ross but i think having a slightly older player who is a natrual wide player wouldn't be bad. Once Foran comes back i hope there is space for him and Gil in the same team.

• Agree 1

Sorry to say but I'm yet another one yet to be impressed by Gil - Other than the two games in England I have seen all the pre season/ CIS cup games etc and nothing yet has made me go wow - A decent free kick against Clach that hit the bar and a good free kick against Antwerp are all that come to mind - I see him getting the ball - a few tippy tappys and then giving it to an opponent - people keep commenting about it being early days - No more earlier than Nick Ross, Lee Cox etc and when we get into top gear I don't see him doing anything other than keeping the bench warm. I really really hope I'm wrong but IMHO I don't see him doing much better than Robert Eagle in the overall scheme of things but as they say football is a game of opinions and we each think we are right

<br />Big day for Blummanshtein tomorrow. I look forward to seeing him in action. In terms of cover i wouldn't mind seeing someone come in on loan. I like Nick Ross but i think having a slightly older player who is a natrual wide player wouldn't be bad. Once Foran comes back i hope there is space for him and Gil in the same team.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

No way is Gil a natural wide player

Give the guy a chance!!

I remember at the start of last season Hayes was pretty hopeless and many people were slating his and others performances as not good enough. I thought he wasn't up to it and should be dropped as well but he came onto his game and then towards the end of 2009 he took off and became one of our best players. He just took a while to settle in and come onto his game.

Hopefully Gil will improve also but come on people have seen him in what, a handful of games. Give him a chance.

Not sure that folk are writing him off. He certainly is no Richie Foran that's for sure, but in the games I have seen him so far he appears a bit lightweight. He does have a nice touch sometimes, but is prone to losing the ball. If he plays, good luck to him, nobody will not be backing him tomorrow.

Just ask anyone who's seen the pre-season games which one of the new signings impressed the most.... Kenny Gillet or Blumanshtein?

I think I know what the answer would be, and I could also point out that Gillet is very capable of playing in a variety of positions.