FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Foran is no ready

TopSix

I've just had it confirmed now too....Richie is out for at least 3 weeks.

Shame he was introduced into that meaningless game last Saturday. Would have made much more sense to have brought him back on this Saturday.

Hindsight is such a gift, of course....

Presumably Bloomingawful will be on in his place

• Disagree 1

Shame he was introduced into that meaningless game last Saturday. Would have made much more sense to have brought him back on this Saturday.

Is he that bad? _header.gif

I've never seen him play but heard he is a decent player. C'mon folks, we're not a one-man team. Terry Butcher has a team who play for each other. We're going up against a revamped celtic side who aren't used to playing with each other - we're far more of a team than they are. Lennon is questionable. Have a bit of belief. I still think we can and will win on Saturday. _thumbup.gif

Edited by Top Six Next Year

We'll really miss his leadership and physical prowess now. These are aspects that are vital when facing the Old Firm, or playing in any big game.

If we stick with 4-2-3-1 then we could line up something like this:

-----------------Esson-------------------

--McCann----Tokely-----Munro-----Gillet--

--------Duncan--------Cox----------------

----Ross-----Odhiambo------Blumstein------

--------------Rooney---------------------

that's a little light in the '3' to me. Perhpas Hayes will swap in for Ross and Sanchez for either Odhiambo or Blumstein. That still leaves us a little easily brushed off in that area, which could mean that we struggle to keep the ball in offensive areas, can't get it up to Rooney and face pressure on our defence. It's always good to have someone good in the air in an offensive position as well to hit with set pieces, goal kicks, cross field balls as an option to keep the pressure off. We don't really have that option without Foran.

I've never seen him play but heard he is a decent player. C'mon folks, we're not a one-man team. Terry Butcher has a team who play for each other. We're going up against a revamped celtic side who aren't used to playing with each other - we're far more of a team than they are. Lennon is questionable. Have a bit of belief. I still think we can and will win on Saturday. _thumbup.gif

He certainly hasn't set the heather alight, so far.

Maybe if he can get through 90 mins without adjusting his feckin headband and concentrates on what's going on around him, who knows what he might achieve.

Hope springs eternal.

Blumenshtein has been ok in games I've seen. a bit predictable perhaps, but has a decent cross from a free kick/corner.

I think we will get something from the game, even without Foran.

if ever i didnt want a player out, its foran.

But guys its a team. We are a confident set of fans nowadays but why shouldnt we be after recent times. We will have Hayes back in the side, and a setup of players that are used to playing with each other.

I am not as confident now as i was about going into this game before the news of Foran, but i sure think we can still take something from this game. Id love to see us keep this unbeaten run going!

Best of luck boys!

I still can't understand how his injury could have recurred. He trooped off the field last Saturday, all smiles and shaking hands with everybody.

Has his knee broken down again in training this week?

I'm worried about Hayes now too - he looked knackered when he came off after about 70 mins against Clach...

Loosing him as well would be yet another major body blow.

This is the chance for either Ross or gil to make an impact, obviously its a blow but if we go into the game expecting to be gubbed , then we will be gubbed. I would expect this game to be evolve more around the central midfielders as we will need to counter attack and cox is fantastic at linking the defence and attack together.

Strained or pulled knee ligaments are notorious for giving future problems.

My injury to my left knee , skiing 28 years ago, still occasionally gives me "Gip" , especially if I put too much pressure on it on the bike. I just rest it a bit, massage it with my fingers and get right back on the bike but I take it easy.Usually, in a day or so, it's back to as normal as I will ever have it. I did have arthroscopic surgery but all that did was suck out the torn ligament debris but it was very effective at reducing the inflammation and pain and within a week of that minor limping for 2 years.

Ligaments do not have their own blood supply so they get their nourishment from absorbing nutrients by a process of osmosis from surrounding tissue. And that is another reason why healing can be so slow.

But with all the assistance that he will have at the club no doubt he will be back again shortly.M aybe the minor surgery referred to was arthroscopic.

• Agree 1