FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread : ICT -V- Hamilton

Scotty

On the plus side St Johnstone still havent won this season. St Mirren and Dundee Utd also who play tomorrow haven't won yet. 3 points from Celtic, Utd and Hamilton isn't bad tbh. We've got a couple hard matches coming up against Hibs and Hearts and if we took 3 points from those 6 available i'd be more than happy.

I'm still confident we'll finish around 8th this season, more than safe from relegation.

Well thats *****. How to burst the bubble and give us a reality check. If we're to even stay up those are the games we have to win particularly when faced with such a weakened rival.

Sounds like the kind of game we need Richie to grab by the scruff of the neck.

esson - not too sure if the goal was his fault other than that did fine 5/10

mccann - didnt do much when he was on 3/10

proc - headers were quite poor thought he was better at centre back4/10

munro - did better than proc but stil only 5/10

gillet - best defender today 6/10

cox - pretty awful i think he only won 2 tackles 3/10

pedz - he was bad but better than cox 4/10

hayes - he was probably the best on the park... for us 6.5/10

eric - he and hayes were the 2 main contenders for MOM 6.5/10

ross - was the worst on the park i cant wait till foran is back ross was ******* ****

rooney - didnt get much of the ball and was alright when he did 5/10

subs: rossco - was better than proc did well up front 5/10

Sutherland - he was very good unlucky not to get a penalty (if foran isnt back for the next game i hope he starts in his position) 5/10

ps - i couldnt give a **** if you dont agree with me at all im am totally pissed off right nowangry.gif

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Oh dear god, it's hard to think of how that could have been more excruciating.

We were hopeless - chalk and cheese from Tannadice

They were hopeless - after Imrie's wonder goal Hamilton basically bullied us out of it - and, as always, time-wasted to death I've seen paint dry in less time than it takes them to take a goal kick.

The ref was hopeless - every time the ball was in the air, there centre-halfs gave Rooney and co a shove in the back. And how he missed someone tugging Munro's shorts down in the box is beyond me - we could see it at the halfway line. He gave Cerny a talking-yo about time wasting with 20 minutes left...and then let him take an age over a further EIGHT goal kicks.

And it was a terrible, terrible game, a midfield scrap which we lost.

Just not enough muscle in the midfield - Cox and Duncan were overrun and poor Nick Ross kept bouncing off "bigger boys", like a 9 year old playing against a bunch of teenagers. Rooney had zero service for most of the game.

And what the heck was going on at the back? The number of times Munro got beaten in the air (mainly by misjudging its flight) was appalling - particularly as he had a height advantage on their forwards. Proctor also had a total mare after going to right back - his touch and passing were simply woeful.

I hate Hamilton and that prat Reid so, so much. Which makes today's lousy performance and result really hard to take.

• Agree 4

Well that's all last weeks good work down the dunger :angry:

Out thought & out fought by Hamilton. The performance today was so inept it was like the 'good old days' with Brewster in charge & very depressing indeed.

I think we had 1 corner to show for the first 45 minutes which sums up how mince we were.

Rooney was easily snuffed out by Mensing and as a result we were impotent up front. Worringly with Plan A ineffective there didn't seem to be a plan B and there was certainly nothing on the bench to save the day. We were reduced to sticking Tokeley up front for the final 10 minutes and lumping the ball vaguely in his direction.

Will need to see the goal again as I thought McCann wimped out of a challenge with Imrie but you can't fault the strike. Esson seemed slow to react but maybe that's being a tad unfair.

No votes for me for the player of the year for me. No one deserves any points

Still at leasts it's a reality check for some & it looks like our SPL survival may well depend once again on our away form. Makes going to the home games depressing as hell though.

Quite simply, today's performance was not good enough. The referee was bad, certain players were bad, Terry Butcher's tactics were bad. Only Gillet, Munro, Odhiambo and Hayes could say that they played quite well. How Rooney got MOTM I'll never know, Proctor was awful and Nick Ross is too small and at that showing, not good enough. I'd have taken off after 20 minutes myself, as it was quite clear that he wasn't up to it. And what about those tactics? Long ball, long ball, long ball - utter rubbish. Every opportunity was a big punt up the park towards Rooney, who at times looked as if he was actually nailed to the ground. Not good enough Butcher, not good enough. Tokely was okay and is probably a better striker than Rooney, while Sutherland was also okay and I thought should of had a penalty. Hamilton made Italy look like Barcelona, while time wasting extensively. Their number 30 was quite good and dangerous, and Imrie scored a good goal but is still the most greedy left winger since Ted Kennedy! But it's ICT that matter to me, and they were not good enough.

esson - not too sure if the goal was his fault other than that did fine 5/10

mccann - didnt do much when he was on 3/10

proc - headers were quite poor thought he was better at centre back4/10

munro - did better than proc but stil only 5/10

gillet - best defender today 6/10

cox - pretty awful i think he only won 2 tackles 3/10

pedz - he was bad but better than cox 4/10

hayes - he was probably the best on the park... for us 6.5/10

eric - he and hayes were the 2 main contenders for MOM 6.5/10

ross - was the worst on the park i cant wait till foran is back ross was ******* ****

rooney - didnt get much of the ball and was alright when he did 5/10

subs: rossco - was better than proc did well up front 5/10

Sutherland - he was very good unlucky not to get a penalty (if foran isnt back for the next game i hope he starts in his position) 5/10

ps - i couldnt give a **** if you dont agree with me at all im am totally pissed off right nowangry.gif

I think that sums it up for me too.

Todays game could be summed up with 2 words. Groundhog day. Same old scummy cheating Hamilton, same old SPL comedian referees, same old result.

The fact that we played to Hamiltons strengths, and took 45 minutes to warm up didn't help. We should know the script by now. Hamilton have a big back 4 who sit deep. Hamilton flood the midfield and get stuck in. Hamilton are good on the break.

Whilst most of our players were poor (with the exceptions of Esson, Tokely and Ross) it'd be wrong to simply blame below par idividual performances. Our strategy from the start was wrong.

If we want to beat Hamilton we have 2 options IMHO. 1) Play a more defensive game, allow them to push up the park and hit them on the break. 2) Play 3 (or even 4) big men up front, evade the scrappy midfield battle (which we always lose) and go route 1 as we did for the final 10 minutes today.

rotflmao.gif

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

Definitely missed Richie Foran today. The boy Mensing played brilliantly for them and won everything in the hair, Rooney wasn't getting a sniff of the ball against him, although he was putting the effort in, and really unlucky not to get a penalty. If the ball hand't been heading goalbound I reckon it might've been given, mind you the ref was a complete feckin tube! :redcard:

No real good performances from us, Rooney, Odihambo and Ross get pass marks for effort but that's about it. Pretty lacklustre performance, and the sad thing is Hamilton weren't much better than us really. Big fall from grace after the result at Tannadice last week, but hopefully we can pick it up for the Hibs game

What a disappointing performance after the high of last week.

Simon Mensing ruled the roost with Nigel Hasselbaink giving our back four a torrid time. We were as inept as Dundee United, maybe even worse.

Nick Ross was close to our best performer and Rossco was our most effective attacker. We never mustered an attack in the first half and Hamilton were first to every loose ball. The ref did not help, but it's not his fault we were diabolical. Jonny Hayes better get his finger out and we need to learn to keep the ball on the deck. Mensing mopped everything up, like taking candy off a baby, we made it far too easy for him.

To the goal. What a stonker. No sooner had we settled in to our seats than Dougie cut across our defence, like Paddies goal, we never tackled and he unleashed a venemous strike high into Ryan's top left corner from maybe 25 yards. A fantastic goal, even before we had a chance to berate him. For the rest of the half we were grim. We were more energetic in the second half but lacked any real quality and Mensing gladly accepted anything that came his direction. We should have snapped him up when Mann left, but hey ho.

We huffed and puffed and offered too little too late and Hamilton deserved the points.

Reality check, wake up guys.

Just a terrible, terrible game of football. As soon as Hamilton scored the game was over. Our tactics left a lot to be desired, but Hamilton are very good at what they do. Not saying I agree with it, but it works. Their fans (what fans they have) must be bored out of their minds watching that team.

Did Imrie celebrate?? As in overdo it, or was there respect shown?

You mean like did he score from outside the box to the left and celebrated over by the Div 1 champions flag? t**t

TBH he did score a good goal its just a shame 89 minutes wasnt enough time to get things sorted.

I get confused out play Celtic,beat last years cup winners 4-0 but cant break down Hamilton the team who have let in 8 goals so far, is being 'a family' too softly softly, how about being a 'mental family' that everybody dreads and wants to avoid.

I see plenty of slick passing but it has to end up in the net too.

Edited by 12th Man

Really teeded off to tbh but really just a day to forget. As already stated like groundhog day - had forgotten how much I hate hamilton and their time wasting and oscar acting performances. Tjought Imrie was a bit ott at the end to the north stand but lets see who has the last laugh Dougie eh. think we could have played till now and not scored today and unfortunately a lot of the guys picked today to have an off day. Really only Esson Rossco Hayes and Ross get any pass marks at all. ref was rubbish but we shouldnt have to depend on that really. Roll on Easter Road in 2 weeks/

Yes Accies time wasted, yes they feigned injury but the biggest disappointment was ICT. We were toothless. Absolutely toothless. Monstrous goal from Imrie after about 40 seconds. No keeper was saving that although I would like to have seen him closed down before getting the shot away. He was given too much time and space.

After that Accies defended and defended in numbers as you would expect and we couldn't open them up. We appeared to run out of ideas pretty quickly and I can't think of a clear cut chance that we created in the first half. In the second we threw everything at Hamilton but again failed to carve out a real goal scoring opportunity. Rooney placed a shot wide after turning his man (he was given as offside but I really don't think he was not that it made much difference) and Nick Ross fizzed a ball across goal with no one racing in to put it away. And that was as close as we got. Rooney looked to have a good claim for a penalty waved away. Hamilton looked dangerous on the break and Hasslebank could trouble defences with his pace.

A few players looked well off the pace. Proctor looked ridiculously shaky at RB and Rooney got no change out of Mensing. We all saw from the first 5 minutes that he (Mensing) was winning all the headers against Rooney so why not try and change things around? It all seemed a bit odd. Both Tokely and Munro were troubled by Hasslebanks pace and my heart was in my mouth when he went to ground in a tangle with Tokely. I had flashbacks to the game against Falkirk.

Just a bad day at the office for everyone really. No one seemed to be on the same wavelength. A hugely frustrating afternoon. Hamilton seem to have the "Aberdeen Voodoo Sign" over us these days. These are the games we should be looking at winning and given the build up to the game with Accies injury issues you had to think that it would be our time to finally beat Hamilton in the SPL but ICT never seem to do well when they are favourites and today continued that trend.

• Agree 1

IMRIE SHOULD NEVER BEEN ALLOWED TO GET HIS SHOT AT GOAL, BIT LIKE THE MC COURT GOAL, WAS ALLOWED TO STROLL ABOUT WITH NO ICT PLAYER

CHALLENGING HIM ! , FROM WHERE I SIT IN THE NORTH STAND , THE BALL WAS MOVING IN THE AIR . DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH ESSON, HE SEEMED TO GET TO IT, BUT IT WENT THRO HIS HANDS, NOT LIKE HIM IN RECENT GAMES, CAN'T BLAME ESSON, IT WAS A SUPERB STRIKE,

We didn't really deserve anything from that. Imrie's goal was an absolute stunner, utterly unstoppable. There's nothing you can do about hits like that, to be honest, we should've been thankful that we had 90 minutes to claw it back. Accies were committed and every time we had the ball in the middle of the park or up front they crowded us out, putting pressure on us in twos and threes. Hayes in particular was singled out, or rather doubled out. Effective stuff from Hamilton and they could've extended their lead a couple of times - Esson saved from that Jedward guy and Hassailbank was through a couple of times. We didn't offer anything in the first half.

In the second half we improved but didn't really get any clear cut chances. Nick Ross (our best player I thought) created space a few times and on one occasion should have had a pop but tried to square it. There were a few scrambles but not much else. We looked best when we sent Tokely up front!

Regarding Imrie, he's obviously a bit of a p***k but if you are going to shout 'Paedo' at someone for 90 minutes they probably will have a go back. Was pretty funny Tokely giving him the w****r sign though

It concerns me that we haven't built on last weeks result - this is how we got relegated last time out. The season we went down we beat Hibs, Aberdeen and Rangers away but lost too many games against the other 'bottom six' teams. There's no point in beating Dundee Utd easily then losing to Hamilton at home - we need consistency. In terms of tactics, I was again disappointed with our central midfield pairing, they were crowded out of the game meaning that we couldn't get any decent passing going and rarely got the ball into our danger players in good areas. Duncan and Cox need to be bit more dynamic in the middle, they just seem to sit there sometimes and the match happens arond them. Cox is capable of more I think, I'd like to see him taking more control in there.