Safe Standing- Gov. seek laws to review

SUSDIngham

A message from the Football Supporters Federation.

The new coalition government has pledged to scrap unnecessary and "nannying" laws. We believe that the ban on standing at football grounds in the top two divisions is just this. In England and Wales, you can stand in rugby grounds, at Speedway events, at Horse racing events, even lower league football grounds. We don't believe the top football clubs should be singled out and treated differently.

If you agree you can now say so on the Governments new "Your Freedom" website, by visiting

http://yourfreedom.h...o-be-all-seated

Please support our motion and (especially important) add some brief comments. You need to register to do so, but it takes literally two minutes and would help our campaign massively.

Bear in mind that for the first time we have a party in government (the Lib Dems) who support Safe Standing as official party policy, so the Your Freedom website gives us a great opportunity to press our case. If our motion becomes one of the most popular, then this greatly helps our aim to turn that support into government policy. We need YOUR support for this to happen.

Edited by SUSDIngham

The new coalition government has pledged to scrap unnecessary and "nannying" laws. We believe that the ban on standing at football grounds in the top two divisions is just this. In England and Wales, you can stand in rugby grounds, at Speedway events, at Horse racing events, even lower league football grounds. We don't believe the top football clubs should be singled out and treated differently.

If you agree you can now say so on the Governments new "Your Freedom" website, by visiting

Please support our motion and (especially important) add some brief comments. You need to register to do so, but it takes literally two minutes and would help our campaign massively.

Bear in mind that for the first time we have a party in government (the Lib Dems) who support Safe Standing as official party policy, so the Your Freedom website gives us a great opportunity to press our case. If our motion becomes one of the most popular, then this greatly helps our aim to turn that support into government policy. We need YOUR support for this to happen.

Why cant we put this on the main forum page ?

Why cant we put this on the main forum page ?

I'm not too familiar with this forum pal, from the guidelines under each sub forum I assumed since its more related to football as a whole rather than just caley thistle it belonged here?

I think you are asking the fans to stand up and be counted.

No pun intended, like.

This motion is dear to my heart and could be a stand-out.

My very best memories were standing in rain or shine with nothing other than a good set of calf muscles to haud me upright. And, in fact , these memories also told me that often when we were on the terracing it was standing room only. Better crowds than Caley Thistle are getting now for sure.

I wish you well since I mourneth the passing of the terracing banter for the rigid patterns of the STAND.

• 1 month later...

ARFC sent me this info regsrding the reintroduction of standing.

"Thanks for taking an interest in the campaign and it would be great to see Inverness be represented.

We have planned this weekend of action which would be held on the last weekend of November (27/28)

Inverness would be playing away to Celtic that day. If you cannot attend this match then you could show your banner on Dec 4th v Dundee United at home.

We are calling on fans to show the same message at as many games as possible.

Do you or would you be able to get an Overhead projector ? If so I will reply with a detailed method or creating the banner with one and if not I shall reply back with a detailed method of how to creat the banner without one.

We are calling on fans to display the same message but have there team name infront of it

"INVERNESS FANS FOR THE REINTRODUCTION OF STANDING AT SPL MATCHES"

INVERNESS - should be in ICT colours while the rest of the writing should be in Black.

We are trying to get everyone to use the same font aswell Superstar M54, just google it and it shall come up on a font size available for download.

Your banner should be made from Wallpaperlining Paper. This can be bought from any good DIY store eg B&Q. We are asking for the banner to be made from this as since it is cheap iand this is a one off message banner it saves you ???.

A good example of this type of message banner can be found here - 1.jpg "

I dont have time at the moment to do this. Anyone wanting to take this project on? Would the club be ok with it? Personally I'd love to be able to stand at games. That corner where the wee west stand seats are is where I always used to go to watch games when we were coming up through the leagues.

Edited by Top Six Next Year