FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Killie Roll Call

dan_ict

I think Dan is on about a visit to nearby Ayr at the end of last season, maybe. The good lady and i will be doing our first away match of the season, staying in our caravan for a few days at Ayr. Do you have a tame hostelry in Kilmarnock?

Whos all going, me + 2. Lets hope its as good as last time

The last time?

Last time I went there we got beat 3-0.

Yep, I think that's the time Dan's on about. Apart from the result it was a fantastic day!

I'm not going because Kilmarnock is miles away and is a horrible, horrible place.

Out of interest, how many times have you actually been to Killie?

I go to every Killie game and in terms of nearby boozers and nice surroundings, Rugby Park is one of the best, if not the best in the SPL. Within walking distance of the train station, lovely housing around it, The Portman, The Hunting Lodge, Brass and Granite, Macks Bar, The Howard all within 5 mins walk of the ground, not to mention the Sports Bar at the ground and the Hotel.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a trip up to Inverness (the 49 seater bus from my local is already full for the overnighter in December) but a ground in the middle of nowhere is hardly fan friendly is it?

Sorry for the rant but I hate it when folk dismiss Killie as a shitehole in terms of going for the football. Places like Ibrox, Parkhead and Hamilton are ***** for days out.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Mrs dude and myself are heartbroken at not being able to make it to Kilmarnock this time :cry: :cry:

We will miss the Hunting Lodge(including the bar meal menu of Chicken n mushroon and curry Pot Noodle) :cry: miss the gurning female steward who called me a "fat barsteward"(she might have a pont though) miss the brilliant craic :cry: , miss the brilliant Fannys by Gaslight(what a place) :cry: and The Scotch Bonnet for a great dinner to wrap up the day. :cry:

Ah well there is always next time :biggrin: