FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time To Get Ruthless?

GMD

It seems like more and more of our fellow SPL teams are, shall we say.....not playing fairly.

I stuggle to think of a time when a player of ours went down easy, committed some of the tackles our lads are being subjected to or dived in the box, we're ten games now without a win and in all fairness when we are beaten by the likes of St. Mirren recently they were the better team and i'm willing to accept defeat in the face of a fairly played game.

HOWEVER!!

when we lose points to the likes of Killie, Hamilton & Aberdeen when they are diving, shirt pulling, roughing up offence players, dangerous tackles etc. etc. etc. i kinda get a bit annoyed. for one these teams aren't getting reprimanded for their actions and two they're essentially stealing points from us.

so i feel we have two choices:

1) Outclass them and start winning again.

2) We're not beating them, so join them in their little game.

• Disagree 1

I recall an incident at Pittodrie this season where Munro fell over in the box while waiting for the delivery of a Hayes free kick.

In all honesty I'd quite happilly see us continue doing that. If it's good enough for everyone else to do then **** them, they can have their own medicine.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

i think as the other teams start catchin up on matches we'll be slipping from 5th place unless some miracle happens where we manage to pick up some points again.

i think once we get cox fit again with him, duff and even russel to a certain extent we'll be able to rough up some midfield players.

think we can get goodwillie busted in ness before wednesday game??? i'll plant a bag of sweets on him.

• Agree 2

Every time i have seen Hamilton up here they bend the rules wherever possible. I have seem them steal yards at freekicks/throw ins, kick the ball away at throw-ins/free kicks/corners/bye kicks, time waste in every way possible (im sure i'd have time to go get a bovril in the time it has taken Cerny to take bye-kicks in the past), dive before tackles are made, shirt pull and in general use every trick in the book to gain an advantage.

The ref barely ever picks up on it because it is classed more than ungentlemanly conduct rather than direct rule breaking

While i do not condone cheating sometimes i think taking a more streetwise approach wouldnt necessarily be a bad thing

Well, that tackle on Shinnie against the Dons was a disgrace and could easily have severely injured him.

I will rephrase that --it was a BLOODY disgrace!

I think some of the more Tokely-esque players on the team should march up to the offender in the opposing team, clasp his hands behind his back and push the guy around with his chest and keep at it. Can hardly be construed as rough stuffand how can it be a foul when the feet and hands are not used.

Just a thought.

There is no doubt that if you don't stand up for yourself you can easily get sat upon. As Rodney Dangerfield was wont to say.--"You don't get no respect" A bit of shoulder shoving would not go amiss either.

If all else fails, our players could creep up behind the other guy when the ref was not looking and scream a shocking noise into his ear --now that would be unnerving . A burst eardrum is no joke. Even better, every member of ICT could creep up on the ref at any moment and shout at the top of their voice"FOUL."

Apart from that, let's beat the opposition fair and square... :yellowcard:

yea i'd love to have stuck to the dons, tokely has been a bit quite with his usual crunch tackles. shame stuart isn't getting a game, he's a player who doesn't mess about and has great experience and left back, i know shinnie is doing well but i think when you have big lads like blackman and vernon on the attack it might be time to bring out the pitbull and let him loose on those guys, if we know they are going to be physical why not bring on stuart and put duff in defence to maybe take a yellow card or suchlike to show some strength.

yea i'd love to have stuck to the dons, tokely has been a bit quite with his usual crunch tackles. shame stuart isn't getting a game, he's a player who doesn't mess about and has great experience and left back, i know shinnie is doing well but i think when you have big lads like blackman and vernon on the attack it might be time to bring out the pitbull and let him loose on those guys, if we know they are going to be physical why not bring on stuart and put duff in defence to maybe take a yellow card or suchlike to show some strength.

Because Golabek is slower than a week in jail. At the moment until Gillet's back, Shinnie is the best we've got at left back.

well he is the best a man can get, unles your in scumdee with a bag of chips and a pickled egg.

shinnie is a battler, i think his pace is great but sometimes we need a back four to be at the back.