FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New signing(s) to be announced.....

Libero

@ScottBurns75 who claims to write for Scottish Daily Express has tweeted:

"Greg Tansey confirms he is set to sign for Inverneress.

web ? 31/05/2011 17:11"

Wherever Inverneress is, I don't know. But I suppose this deal looks complete.

A Daily Express writer not working on a story about 'ethnics' or Diana? He'll soon be fired.

• Agree 3

damienthehealey: End of an era for creative midfielders yday, unsung hero and a great striker of the ball. Good luck at kilmarnock greg #tansey about 2 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry?? Reply ? View Tweet

Lets hope that this is just ignorance of Scottish football.

Well he'd look like an idiot saying he's signing for Inverness only for him to sign for Killie the next day.

STV reporting that a 2 year deal is close to being finalised

Linky

Amusing to see that both the press and journal reports are using his twitter comments, journalists have it easy these days!!

Inverness are closing in on a two year deal to sign Greg Tansey from Stockport County.

The 22-year-old has been the subject of interest from other clubs in the football league, but they would have to pay a fee to secure the player because he is under 24.

Inverness will not have to offer any fee for the Stockport player of the season, because he has no contract offer from his current club and is free to cross borders to secure a new club.

Speaking on his personal Twitter page, the midfielder said: "I'm going to Inverness, looking forward to it."

He then added: "It's pretty much a done deal".

Tansey played more than 100 times for Stockport, but could not stop the club from being relegated to the Conference last season.

So we could have hayes doing that from the right and him doing that from the left sounds good

From what I gather he is more of a central player like Ian Black than a winger like Hayes. Sounds like a good prospect mind.

Contrary to what the press have led us to believe, signing announcements will not be made until next week

Linky

BUSY BOSS!

Manager Terry Butcher is working at hectic pace with a view to being able to announce new signings next week.

Terry said:"Maurice Malpas and I have been going flat out speaking to players and agents then faxing contract offers. We're making headway but although players out of contract became free agents on June 1, the transfer window does not officially open until June 9, the date at which the SFA accept registrations.

"One or two clubs may have announced signings but players cannot legally be signed and registered before June 9. Most managers, myself included, will wait till then.

"But that doesn't mean that business isn't being done. We're encouraged by the response from people we've spoken to and there's every indication that some agreements will be in place next week.

"I know there's been some speculation but I won't be responding to that. Once players are legally registered, then we'll announce them. But fans can be assured we're on the right track.

"So keep in touch with the website!"

The management team have been engaged in talks with out of contract Caley Thistle players such as Gavin Morrison, Shane Sutherland and Ross Tokely. They are also negotiating with players from both sides of the border to add to a squad depleted by those released, who have left with the club's thanks and best wishes.

"Terry said:"Maurice Malpas and I have been going flat out speaking to players and agents then faxing contract offers. We're making headway but although players out of contract became free agents on June 1"

Interesting comment from Terry B, I saw something recently where most if not all of Premiership managers stay way clear of agents, contract talks, negotiations etc and dont even know the wages of their team. Maybe Tel & Mo like that hands on approach to their team.

Anyway nice to get a positive message from De Gaffa!

"Terry said:"Maurice Malpas and I have been going flat out speaking to players and agents then faxing contract offers. We're making headway but although players out of contract became free agents on June 1"

Interesting comment from Terry B, I saw something recently where most if not all of Premiership managers stay way clear of agents, contract talks, negotiations etc and dont even know the wages of their team. Maybe Tel & Mo like that hands on approach to their team.

Anyway nice to get a positive message from De Gaffa!

Terry and Mo strike me as the sort of guys who would want to know the in's and out's of anything to do with the squad.

We're making headway but although players out of contract became free agents on June 1, the transfer window does not officially open until June 9, the date at which the SFA accept registrations. One or two clubs may have announced signings but players cannot legally be signed and registered before June 9. Most managers, myself included, will wait till then ..... Once players are legally registered, then we'll announce them.

I like this approach. speculation is fine, but until they have put pen to paper no actual announcement, just a progress report. :twothumbsup:

It brings grate comfort knowing that Butcher and Malpas are the ones doing the deals for ICT now. We can do without more Marius situations.

At least they know things will be done properly - unlike the past!! IYKWIM

Todays Press and Journal is reporting we have signed Tansey on a one year deal and also that Gary Irvine and Andrew Shinnie will NOT be signing. It says Shinnie Snr. is in talks with Falkirk.