FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Nick Ross

RossP

Never seen him today but I think some on here are being a bit harsh. So he had a bad game. If thats all there is to go on then why are so many other players still hero's. Everyone had at least one bad game last season but nobody is calling for them to be put out on loan. Nick started in 35 games and came of the bench in a further 4 last season. Is that not far better experience than he'll ever gain in a lower team loan spell? He was also very close to being awarded Player of the Year last season as voted for by the same fans who are now slating him. There was me thinking it was only the gutter press who built someone up to knock him down again.

You are only as good as your last game.

Never seen him today but I think some on here are being a bit harsh. So he had a bad game. If thats all there is to go on then why are so many other players still hero's. Everyone had at least one bad game last season but nobody is calling for them to be put out on loan. Nick started in 35 games and came of the bench in a further 4 last season. Is that not far better experience than he'll ever gain in a lower team loan spell? He was also very close to being awarded Player of the Year last season as voted for by the same fans who are now slating him. There was me thinking it was only the gutter press who built someone up to knock him down again.

You are only as good as your last game.

If that were true then 2/3rd of the squad would be dropped every other week.

At the start of last season he seemed a little bit lost coming on to play for ICT, a few months later, seeing him on the pitch you knew he was more than capable on playing his part.

There have been a lot of comings and goings over the summer and I would imagine things are a lot different now but thats football and the same group of players dont stay together forever and to experience it for the first time hopefully hasn't had too much of an impact.

There is a lot more competition in midfield now and I know how good he can be so I hope that things come good again soon.

PS good luck with playing for Scotland

Edited by 12th Man

OK, I'll say it, after todays performance why the hell is he being called up.

Absolutely rubbish, short of pace, no tackle, nothing in the air, it bemuses me how he started.

I know the boy has talent, but ready for the SPL, I'm not so sure.

We were 1000% better when Doran came on and even Shane had more to offer.

cheers

Disgruntled

red dots in this corner please>>>

Doubtless because Scotland call-ups are not based solely on one game... and highly unlikely to be influenced by games played after the Call-Up...unlike the opinions of fickle fans who expect perfection from every player in every game :rolleyes:

Edited by Oddquine
  • Agree 1

No one can argue it was a very bad day at the office for Nick however one bad game does not alter the fact that he was an influential part of our team for the majoiry of last season and still can be in the future.

I think once he bulks up a bit and gets a bit stronger then we will see a lot more from Nick. He was dispossed too easy on Saturday and IMO he was wasted playing out wide. The only thing missing from his game last year was goals, he has the ability just lacked the experience to know when to pull the trigger

There is real competition for central midfield (which i feel is his best position) this season and i think spur a lot of players on, maybe Nick got a little complacent after a pretty sucessful season last year in terms of appearances for such a young player however i'm sure Butcher will be on hand to keep his feet on the ground and push him in the right direction.

Calls for him to be sent out on loan are pretty unfair if you ask me

I didn't think he had that bad a game at all to be honest. I felt both Hayes and Ross suffered by being deployed a bit further back on their respective wings during the course of the game. Neither really advanced for most of the first half.

Certainly don't agree with the idea of putting him out on loan!

I didn't think he had that bad a game at all to be honest. I felt both Hayes and Ross suffered by being deployed a bit further back on their respective wings during the course of the game. Neither really advanced for most of the first half.

This was certainly the case in the 1st half at Motherwell where he looked a lot more comfortable in the middle after the break. I think his best games have come when he plays in a deepish centre midfield role.

OK, I'll say it, after todays performance why the hell is he being called up.Absolutely rubbish, short of pace, no tackle, nothing in the air, it bemuses me how he started.I know the boy has talent, but ready for the SPL, I'm not so sure.We were 1000% better when Doran came on and even Shane had more to offer.cheersDisgruntled red dots in this corner please>>>
Doubtless because Scotland call-ups are not based solely on one game... and highly unlikely to be influenced by games played after the Call-Up...unlike the opinions of fickle fans who expect perfection from every player in every game :rolleyes:

Not perfection just show a little effort instead of hiding.

It is maybe just as well it's not based on one game, in fact I have always wondered a bit about his brilliance, something he displays too little of.

He obviously has some qualities needed, but is well short of the finished article when you compare him to other midfielders.

• Agree 1

I really rate Ross but I am afraid that he is going to struggle to get a start this season as Tansey and Tudor Jones are clearly going to be the chosen ones in the middle of the park I suspect that Terry's thinking in playing Nick right was "forced" and the arrival of Doran changes that. Psychologically I fear that Nick is not happy at being played wide right and sees the writing on the wall for his central midfield place.