Team for Pars

Renegade

Gillet is banned for this one. of course and Williams can't be involved -

Esson

Piermayr Tokely* Golobart G.Shinnie

Hayes Foran Tansey Doran

Tade McKay

Subs - Tuffey, Cox, Sutherland, Meekings, A.Shinnie

- If Tokely is out, Meekings comes in with Ross coming onto the bench.

Hopefully Tokely is back but seeing as he wasnt even on the bench at the weekend then i doubt he will be

I'd guess it'll be something like this:

-----Tuffey-----

Piermayr-----Golobart-----Meekings-----G.Shinnie

-----Foran-----Cox-----

Hayes------------------Tansey---------------------Tade

-----McKay-----

Esson

Piermayr Tokely Golobart G. Shinnie

Foran Cox

Hayes A. Shinnie Tade

McKay

We need to link play forward to McKay a little better than we have been doing so he's not too isolated, and Andrew Shinnie has the ability to do that. For me Cox was more impressive than Tansey in deep midfield on Saturday so he keeps his place. I'd have Esson in goals but I wonder if Butcher will play Tuffey again, as he presumably had intended to play Tuffey in the cup games this season.

Esson

Piermayr, *Tokely, Golobart, G Shinnie

Foran, Cox

Hayes, *A Shinnie, Doran

Tade

Subs: Tuffey, Meekings, Ross, Tansey, McKay

If Tokely isnt fit then put Meekings in, if A Shinnie isnt fit then id play Tansey in the advanced role.

Regardless of the team selection we should win this. Dunfermline have managed only 6 points from their last 17 league games. Even Hamilton last year were miles better than that.

If we lose this it will be a shocker. And a very expensive shocker as the next round v Celtic will likely be on TV.

Esson

Foran Cox

Hayes A. Shinnie Tade

McKay

This team, however I don't think that Rosscoe will be fit which leaves me with the sinking feeling that Proctor might start.

Esson

Foran Cox

Hayes A. Shinnie Tade

McKay

This team, however I don't think that Rosscoe will be fit which leaves me with the sinking feeling that Proctor might start.

id rather risk hogg just hours after his surgery on wednesday

Regardless of the team selection we should win this. Dunfermline have managed only 6 points from their last 17 league games. Even Hamilton last year were miles better than that.

If we lose this it will be a shocker. And a very expensive shocker as the next round v Celtic will likely be on TV.

If we step onto EEP with that attitude we will likely lose. Just in the same way Celtic did in 2000. Remember we didn't take that very much more points from our first 17 games. We may have a gap over them just now but remember the similar gap over teams in 08/09. Nothing is done and dusted in football till the safety zone is reached. Dunfermline will be all out to win this in front of their home support and we'd do well to respect that.

• Agree 1

I think it is shocking that many of our colleague supporters seem to have such a downer on Proctor. He is an honest professional who has served ICT well for many years. Admittedly he is not first choice any more, but if he is picked for this match I am sure he will play his heart out for the team, and be just fine.

I cannot think of one of our current defence who has not had at least one poor game this year,(some more than one), so why Proctor gets the stick he does is beyond me.

Good luck to him.

• Agree 3

I think it is shocking that many of our colleague supporters seem to have such a downer on Proctor. He is an honest professional who has served ICT well for many years. Admittedly he is not first choice any more, but if he is picked for this match I am sure he will play his heart out for the team, and be just fine.

I cannot think of one of our current defence who has not had at least one poor game this year,(some more than one), so why Proctor gets the stick he does is beyond me.

Good luck to him.

Won't disagree with that and I don't think anyone will forget his super performance v Clyde back in May 2004 when Rosscoe was suspended. The problem is that he now just doesn't seem up to the task of SPL football these days. Whether its doen to his injury problems over the last couple of years or some other reason but he never seems to be anything but poor when he plays first team football. I appreciate that he's been a good servant, model professional and decent bloke but that shouldn't be enough.

Edited by Hiro
  • Agree 2

Yes we should win but we will only win if we give it 100%. Dunfermline will certainly give 100% and we will need to be at our best. We have gone on a bit of a run and there is a sense of togetherness in the side. Personally I would change the side as little as possible with the exception of bringing Foran back and the enforced change with Gillett out. If this means Proctor comes in I have no problem with that - I'd far rather have Proctor in my side than Barrowman.

I don't know if there is an agreement that Tuffey plays in the cup games but Esson should play. We need to win and a young and inexperienced defence needs the confidence of having the number 1 keeper behind them. There may not be a lot of difference between the 2 (we shouldn't judge Tuffey on his performance in the first game) but the players in front will play better with Esson between the posts.

No messing, please. This is an important game for the club to win.

• Agree 2

There can't be an agreement that Tuffey plays in the Scottish cup anyway. Last season Tuffey played against Elgin and Morton but for the Celtic game Esson came back in and Tuffey was back on the bench. Strange one if we are only using him in lesser games that we think we might win. For that reason I wouldn't be supprised if Esson was back in the team tonight.