Bollan sacked at Livi!

starchief

Bit of a shock this one. After two successive promotions and being resonably secure in SFL1, Livi have sacked Gary Bollan for not having enough kids in the team. I see this as sheer folly from the team I still view as our real rivals.

If Bollan had played a team of youngsters (and there's a few in there), there's no guarantee they would be in SFL1. It's just simple mindedness of the directors. They probably see Falkirk selling a player and think that it's easy. But it's not. When did Falkirk sell a player for any money before that?

Expect a nose dive if they get a 'yes sir' manager in.

I've never heard a more ridiculous reason for sacking a manager. So it seems Livi have no ambition to progress up the leagues any further. They appear to think thaat they can sit where they are and operate a conveyor belt of youngsters that will make them loads of dosh. The big failing in all that is that the kids have to be good enough to generate the cash. Falkirk made some cash out of one or two youngsters. How many did they reject to find those. Hibs have also made money from bringing through a few players but some of them had actually been through the Newcastle system prior to reaching Hibs so between those two clubs they learned from a few top players and managers. Livi have no chance of employing the standard of coach needed to find and then develop the youngsters. At the end of the day if it was so easy to do I'd have thought that it would be happening for teams like us.

Livingstone your aims will be your downfall.

I've never heard a more ridiculous reason for sacking a manager.

How about Ross County sacking Dick Campbell for taking them to the top of the league, but doing so without enough "panache"?

In that case, the official reason was bullsh1t and the real reason was a poor working relationship with George Adams. So I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to the Livi sacking than the officiall announcement suggests.

It's so great a double-barrelled appointment, I struggle to believe this will be sustainable.

Would love a league with our rivals of Aberdeen, Ross County and Livi to play. That bit of needle makes it all the more interesting. For me, I still view Livi as the real rivals, although I know most say RC. There's such a history between us.