News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

spl in america!

lukemackay

fox are showing spl games in america it started with dundee utd vs rangers yesterday and they are showing the old firm next week.

http://www.scotprem....s2&newsid=11167

I hope the refs remember to call time outs so the Yanks can get their commerical breaks in. I wonder if they will be providing their own commentators for the "SACKKURRR"

fox are showing spl games in america it started with dundee utd vs rangers yesterday and they are showing the old firm next week.

http://www.scotprem....s2&newsid=11167

Fox ... owned by a certain Mr Murdoch of "SKY" ..... will now show games, shared along with ESPN .... pretty much in the same fashion as they already share them in the UK. The Fox channel basically gets all its feeds from SKY. So Fox USA will get SKY games, with SKY commentators and ESPN USA will get ESPN games with their commentators ...... this is just a channel shift, not extra coverage. Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus (read SKY Sports 1 & 2) basically got the rights back and killed off Setanta USA in the process so its "re-branding" rather than anything else.

This deal is also USA/Carribean only not "North America". In Canada, until last season, Setanta was still alive as a brand name and showing games. Setanta Canada is now "Sportsnet World" and continues to show primarily EPL games along with FA Cup, and some SPL. Fox Sports World Canada has no rights to UK football.

I hope the refs remember to call time outs so the Yanks can get their commerical breaks in. I wonder if they will be providing their own commentators for the "SACKKURRR"

A very Chick Young-esque style comment. plenty sarcasm but little knowledge displayed ! I know you were probably trying to be humorous but .... it didnt work !

A lot of people try to run down "soccer" over here, but just for the record, TV coverage of the game over here doesnt involve multiple commercial breaks, the commentators may call it "soccer" but the fans call it football, and the attendances and viewing figures to start the year have been pretty spectacular ..... 47,000+ for Toronto FC's first game, 37,000 in Seattle for the Toronto game on Saturday night and an amazing 59,000 in Montreal for their game on the same night..... On TV, the first game of the season, Vancouver -V- Montreal drew a Canadian TV audience of somewhere just over 541,000. That might not sound much, but that's Canada only, not Canada/USA and the average Ice Hockey game in Canada draws about 700,000 ...... oh and for the sixth season in a row, Toronto FC have sold out their season tickets so thats around 19,000 of the 21,000 seats at BMO field accounted for for the rest of the season .....

If as much time went into learning about or cherry-picking some of the good initiatives from various other leagues around the world as went into lambasting or looking down on them, Scottish Football might have actually moved forward sometime in the last decade instead of stagnating !

Just increases the likelihood of more matches being moved for TV.

It will have zero effect. Its the same coverage, just the names have been changed .... and in terms of live football, its going to be the same stuff as shown on SKY !

A very Chick Young-esque style comment. plenty sarcasm but little knowledge displayed ! I know you were probably trying to be humorous but .... it didnt work !

Say buddy... kin we also get your World SERIES beamed direct to the US of A in twenny14?! :smile: