FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

2011/12 player stats

Yngwie

Ever wondered who Terry's favourite player is? Or who picked up the most yellows? Or who didn't score enough goals? The answers are all here. ;-)

Name Started Sub (on) Goals Yellows Reds
1. Foran, Richie 41 0 2 14 0
2. Tansey, Greg 35 4 5 6 0
3. Tade, Gregory 33 7 9 3 0
  Esson, Ryan 33 0 0 0 0
5. Tokely, Ross 31 1 1 5 1
6. Hayes, Johnny 29 1 9 3 1
  Shinnie, Graeme 29 1 1 6 0
8. Gillet, Kenny 27 0 0 4 1
9. Golobart, Roman 21 4 2 6 0
10. Ross, Nick 19 13 2 1 0
  McKay, Billy 19 5 3 0 0
  Piermayr, Thomas 19 4 0 7 0
  Meekings, Josh 19 2 0 3 1
14. Shinnie, Andrew 15 6 8 1 0
  Davis, David 15 0 1 4 1
16. Sutherland, Shane 10 20 1 1 0
  Proctor, David 10 9 0 2 0
  Hogg, Chris 10 0 0 2 1
19. Tuffey, Jonny 9 0 0 0 0
20. Tudur Jones, Owain 8 7 0 2 0
  Doran, Aaron 8 4 0 1 0
22. Cox, Lee 6 3 0 2 0
  Williams, Steve 6 3 2 1 1
24. Morrison, Gavin 4 1 0 0 0
25. Gnakpa, Claude 2 6 0 1 0
  Aldred, Tom 2 2 0 0 0
27. Chippendale, Aidan 1 4 0 0 0
  Winnall, Sam 1 2 0 0 0
29. Greig, Andrew 0 0 0 0 0
  Laing, Martin 0 0 0 0 0
  Mathison, Scott 0 0 0 0 0
  Polworth, Liam 0 0 0 0 0
  Smith, Greg 0 0 0 0  

One thing to note is that in terms of goals per game, Andrew Shinnie was twice as profilic as Hayes or Tade. How we missed him. Steve Williams 2 from 6 starts is pretty decent too. Play them both for a full season and you might get 16 and 12 goals respectively!

Play Mackay for a full season and relegation is a 100% cert.

some of the stats are impressive but theres alot more less impressive stats.

i often take these with a pinch of salt but these highlight the issues we have.

the top 5 players are the backbone. imo they are our most played for a reason.

foran - not the best footballer but a good captain imo personally love seeing him give players a kick up the erse

tansey - a 23 year old playing 35 games is always a good sign. hes proven he can handle the toughness of the spl this season next season hell get more chance to express himself

tade - perhaps not the most technically gifted but hes a worker. hes proven many doubters wrong this year

esson - what can you say? the best keeper weve had? probably

and ross tokely - even with his injury problems earlier in the season hes still up there. our main man at the back this year.

the rest have either had serious injury problems ie hayes, hogg and otj or havnt been consistent enough. the average age of the player i mentioned above is about 28/29? the rest have to develop and will develop into consistent per formers like the top 5

• Agree 1

I think the one the obvious thing that sticks out in these stats is just how milly vanilly Butcher and Foran are. It must be soul destroying for some of the players (particularly capable ones who have to be shipped off to places like Iceland or wallow on the bench) for Foran to have - and let's not beat around the bush here - some utterly awful performances yet still gets played no matter what. And I don't buy this "he's an influential captain" nonsense either, some of his tirades, particularly at some of the younger players and his shouting matches at the referee are cringeworthy and must be detrimental to team moral.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 4

I think the one the obvious thing that sticks out in these stats is just how milly vanilly Butcher and Foran are. It must be soul destroying for some of the players (particularly capable ones who have to be shipped off to places like Iceland or wallow on the bench) for Foran have - and let's no beat around the bush here - some utterly awful performances yet still gets played no matter what. And I don't buy this "he's an influential captain" nonsense either, some of his tirades, particularly at some of the younger players and his shouting matches at the referee are cringeworthy and must be detrimental to team moral.

Personally i view it as passion. He is desperate to win. He's always been a moody git on the park. He's not the player he once was but he's constantly moaning at players because he wants them to do better.

It must be soul destroying for some of the players (particularly capable ones who have to be shipped off to places like Iceland or wallow on the bench) for Foran have - and let's no beat around the bush here - some utterly awful performances yet still gets played no matter what.

Are you suggesting that Gavin Morrison should've been played in place of Richie Foran? Foran has played well in midfield, although he was poor by his standards at the start of the season while playing up front.

Another stat - Jonny Hayes had the joint fourth most assists in the SPL last season, with nine. That's the same as Paul Dixon and below Anthony Stokes (10), Kris Commons (12) and Steven Davis (13). Fantastic record for the wee man, especially considering the three players above him all finished in the top four and all played full seasons with the Old Firm.

• Agree 2

Personally i view it as passion. He is desperate to win. He's always been a moody git on the park. He's not the player he once was but he's constantly moaning at players because he wants them to do better.

I take it that's the same kind of "passion" Neil Lennon shows. There's nothing wrong with passion and being desperate on win when on the field, but a lot of the time it's not just regular moaning, it's fits of rage which do no-one any good whatsoever. It also doesn't help his case when many of his own performances have been rather sub-standard this season.

Are you suggesting that Gavin Morrison should've been played in place of Richie Foran?

At times, yes.

Foran has played well in midfield, although he was poor by his standards at the start of the season while playing up front.

He's played well in parts, though many of performance, even in midfield have not been good enough and would've merited a dropping had it been any other player.

Edited by Renegade

I take it that's the same kind of "passion" Neil Lennon shows. There's nothing wrong with passion and being desperate on win when on the field, but a lot of the time it's not just regular moaning, it's fits of rage which do no-one any good whatsoever. It also doesn't help his case when many of his own performances have been rather sub-standard this season.

Sometimes players need a kick up the erse we've had plenty players down the years who did the same. It's nothing like Lennon? Whenever he has these "fits of rage" it's because of constant mistakes, misplaced passes, poor finishing etc.

when we are winning this still happens its just the type of captain he is he is a kick up the erse type of captain.

People moan about the players because they " don't have enough passion" but the players that do have passion ie foran are to passionate?

He shows his frustrations on the pitch there's nothing wrong with that

Edited by lukemackay

Sometimes players need a kick up the erse we've had plenty players down the years who did the same. It's nothing like Lennon? Whenever he has these "fits of rage" it's because of constant mistakes, misplaced passes, poor finishing etc.

when we are winning this still happens its just the type of captain he is he is a kick up the erse type of captain.

People moan about the players because they " don't have enough passion" but the players that do have passion ie foran are to passionate?

I think the issue is that when he was doing these things, more so in the first half of the season, he was still moaning at others when he was the worst culprit.

Every captain / leader has a different approach, personally I think that Foran would do well to encourage, support and drive the team more and moan less (which to be fair he does appear to have cut back on) as Butcher seems to have the hairdryer treatment approch to leadership well covered. A mixture of approaches in a good cop / bad cop stylee if you will.

I seem to remember that many did not like Grant's style either as he was 'too quiet'.

As a married man I can say that there is a difference between passion and moaning, my wife is good at one! :lol::hiding02:

• Agree 1

The key word here is "sometimes". Of course there's a time for it. There's a time to shout and give others a rollicking and there's a time when some simple encouragement is the best method. A point I read once about Brian Clough was that he knew exactly when to be ruthless and when to give the old "arm around the shoulders" approach. The problem with Foran is that is all he does is the former. Everyone gets frustrated, but the way Foran goes about showing it on the field, particularly when it is not needed, must be detrimental to team morale and makes him look nothing more than bully and one likely to cower behind the manager if anyone were to ever question his ayatollah-like approach.

Edited by Renegade

The key word here is "sometimes". Of course there's a time for it. There's a time to shout and give others a rollicking and there's a time when some simple encouragement is the best method. A point I read once about Brian Clough was that he knew exactly when to be ruthless and when to give the old "arm around the shoulders" approach. The problem with Foran is that is all he does is the former. Everyone gets frustrated, but the way Foran goes about showing it on the field, particularly when it is not needed, must be detrimental to team morale and makes him look nothing more than bully and one likely to cower behind the manager if anyone were to ever question his ayatollah-like approach.

My point is that he is one of very few who show passion on the pitch I'm not going to moan about that.

Really worries me that some see "Passion" as being the only pre-requisite for a good captain. Equally worrying that some view being the best player as the only pre-requisite.

The truth is that neither of these things are what matters, what matters most is the ability to motivate/lead and get the best out of your team. Some players need a kick in the pants to achieve that, some need encouragement, some need encouragement and some just need to be left alone.

Don't judge a captain on how he behaves, judge him on how his team respond....if the response is positive (in terms of performance) then the captain is getting it right.