FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fund-Raising Ideas

Scotty

As per the comments in the Dear Mr Cameron thread, lets use this thread to discuss ideas that either we as fans, other fan bodies such as the Supporters Trust or Supporters Club, or ICT themselves could establish to try and lessen the financial sting of the likely NO vote to the Rangers Newco that we and other teams' fans have requested their respective clubs to make.

Our normal "player sponsor" group subscription will continue as normal, and we will get that thread up and running shortly. But any other ideas should be noted in here.

If necessary, and if there is enough traction then we can also make it a separate sub-forum with multiple threads if we need to discuss individual ideas in depth.

Can the supporters Trust be a vehicle for cash donations that are then used to buy shares in the club. This way the generosity of the fans of today, in supporting the club in its moments of need, can build a lasting legacy of share ownership, and therefore a stronger voice in the club.

• Agree 5

I think I'm right in saying that share purchases have a distinct advantage over other 'donation' methods because all of the money given goes to the club. Buying season tickets and doing player sponsorships are great but 20% of the money goes in VAT to the government (unless you are Rangers), and with other methods like sales of merchandise and 50/50 about half the money goes out as a cost of the product. And as Flower says, shares also give the holder a voice and a lasting legacy.

• Agree 1

Expanding on 101's suggestion. Have an open night with stadium tours, meet the management and players, launch the shirt and open the shop. Flower's suggestion is good as well. Over and above that I'd be asking Mr Kidger if he could support the venue for concerts during the season. There will be International weekends and, having done such a thing before without too much effect on the grass surely it could be done again.

There has to be more ways to use the facilities that would bring in income. Not just the stadium but the massive car parking area's. St Johnstone had a circus in their grounds last week.

I think I'm right in saying that share purchases have a distinct advantage over other 'donation' methods because all of the money given goes to the club. Buying season tickets and doing player sponsorships are great but 20% of the money goes in VAT to the government (unless you are Rangers), and with other methods like sales of merchandise and 50/50 about half the money goes out as a cost of the product. And as Flower says, shares also give the holder a voice and a lasting legacy.

I dont know what shares are available since we went from public to private company but if available I'd up my holding.

Careful Alex, your retirement lump sum might get you a controlling stake!

I believe shares are still available to anyone who wants them. But possibly with a minimum purchase of £100? I'm sure someone will clarify.

Any chance of completing the join the supporters trust online.

I would make a contribution towards a block of shares if it could be organized, could it be a donation or would the shares be purchased and held on the supporters behalf, now is a good time to get this set up very quickly in time for the vote next week. Im assuming its still a pound a share.

I think whats important though is fans helping out any way they can and if someone wants to buy a shirt, 50/50 etc then it all goes towards ICT, Im not disputing the profitability aspect, its just that I'm assuming fans may want to do their bit in different ways.

The more it is suggested, the more the share idea seems a good one ..... To the best of my knowledge, there are plenty of unissued shares available (or is that issued but unsold - sorry not my strong point).

If the Trust could organise something like this - and perhaps held the shares on behalf of the fans - it would be an avenue where all fans could help regardless of location, financial means, or other potential pitfalls that emerge whenever a cash raising venture is born.

After that, any other fundraising efforts like player sponsorships, buying merchandise, buying a brick, or whatever top notch notions are likely to appear in here would be the icing on what would hopefully be a pretty good cake base !!!!!

St Johnstone had a circus in their grounds last week.

Did we not have the monster truck show and a horse thing a few seasons ago in the car park. Do the club make any money having the car boot sale every sunday

I like the share idea a lot. Id like it if we were given clear instructions on how to invest, a clean cut media campaign involving local advertising and notice of what we would get in return (i.e. a certificate etc). Id sooner transfer my premium bonds into shares as iv won naff all on them anyway.

If we had unique scarf or strip for the season this might generate some income if it stood for the worthy cause. See how well red/black scarfs went down at RFC and yellow/green at Man U. A sales stall outside gates would raise awareness and make it easy for fans to contribute.

A lottery set-up similar to St Johnstone? It needs to be very easy to access at local shops however.

A fun run with entry fee, external sponsorship and sponsorship donations? If the players take part im sure there would be a good turn out.

Wine tasting evening (Terry to coordinate).

I posted this on the other thread yesterday.......

There's a number of things that can be done to assist and some of these have already been discussed briefly by the trust board. We will meet again at the earliest opportunity and also speak to the club to ensure that the right things are put in place and that it is done correctly to ensure that funds and assistance get to where they need to go.

There's no doubting that it is going to be vital to get some cash coming in, but there's also going to be other ways in which both fans and local businesses can do their bit and I think it's important that every has the opportunity to contribute, regardless of the size of their wallet.

A separate thread/forum for these discussions would be good. Please also keep in mind that even the best ideas are only possible if we have people willing to assist with making them a reality.

So yeah, let's get the ideas coming in and give the trust board a few days to speak with each other and the club to get the ball rolling.

Just to add that the Supporters Trust Board will be meeting (again) before the end of the week and we'll keep you up to date on that.

The one thing people can do right now is buy season tickets....and also encourage others to buy season tickets.

I wonder if there's a way shares could be sold in the club shop as a product? I know there's an administrative process behind each allotment of shares, which would still have to happen, but could you hand over your (say) £100 and get a presentation certificate, ideal for those special occassions!

I guess the main point is to make fans aware that they can invest in the club, and to make the process as easy as possible.

I like the share idea a lot. Id like it if we were given clear instructions on how to invest, a clean cut media campaign involving local advertising and notice of what we would get in return (i.e. a certificate etc). Id sooner transfer my premium bonds into shares as iv won naff all on them anyway.

If we had unique scarf or strip for the season this might generate some income if it stood for the worthy cause. See how well red/black scarfs went down at RFC and yellow/green at Man U. A sales stall outside gates would raise awareness and make it easy for fans to contribute.

A lottery set-up similar to St Johnstone? It needs to be very easy to access at local shops however.

A fun run with entry fee, external sponsorship and sponsorship donations? If the players take part im sure there would be a good turn out.

Wine tasting evening (Terry to coordinate).

Not one penny from the green and gold Man U fans goes to the club. Fans are using these colours, which were the original colours of the team (Newton-Heath) that went on to become MU. The colours are being used, along with ST boycott's and merchandise boycotts as a protest against the Glazer family.

Back to your point though. Unique scarves or kit do not generate a great deal of additional income for the club. There is very little mark-up due to the low order numbers and if too much is ordered then your left with stock that makes a loss.

What about some sort of kids club with a joining fee and maybe unique prizes such as get to pick and present a junior man of the match, win a photo with Terry that sort of thing. I think there may have been similar schemes in the past.

Also what about junior player sponsorship. Could be slightly different to the main one in that there could be a number of kids sponsoring a player at one time. Maybe charge £40 and for that they get a birthday and christmas card and maybe have a christmas party as opposed to an end of season do where they get to meet the players etc. Would have to be priced so that it would still make money tho.

I know these wouldnt make vast amounts of money but would be a way of allowing junior supporters to do their bit to the cause.

Im happy to help out with anything required as well.

Do the Supporters Trust have a member sitting on the board? If not could be kill 2 birds with one stone. The Trust collects donations for shares and buys them as a bulk. All the money goes to the club and In return we have a seat on the board?

Couldn't ICT and the other remaining SPL clubs not just request the SPL to scrap the coming season's split? That way, there would be more games, probably another money-spinning Celtic game and more games against teams that would bring a larger away support. Don't know how doable it is, but it might generate more income for each club.

• Agree 2

Rene our league organisers get in a tizzy if two games are cancelled for weather. How the hell would they fit in another six games. Play them weeknights? Have fans and managers moan about the number of games they have to play? I know they do two a week south of the border but we are big tough Scottish teams. We cant handle it.

Rene our league organisers get in a tizzy if two games are cancelled for weather. How the hell would they fit in another six games. Play them weeknights? Have fans and managers moan about the number of games they have to play? I know they do two a week south of the border but we are big tough Scottish teams. We cant handle it.

Thought this was a good idea but what about Kilmarnock it would be more travelling for them!