FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ross Draper Signs

ictchris

Jeez give the bloke a chance, he's not even settled in and you are accusing him of wanting away!!!

The negativity of some people.

Never said he wouldn't stick around, just the final line could well give one that sort of impression. Makes it sound like ICT are some sort of hotel....or prison!

I also said "I hope he's good". That's rather positive don't you think? Would you rather I said "I hope he's rubbish"!?

Edited by Renegade

Delighted we've got him in. We were looking a bit short in midfield and i hope he makes a good impact. Sounds like Macclesfield were pretty gutted to lose him. Lets hope their loss is our gain. Welcome to ICT mate.

that final sentence - "He is looking forward to his stay in Inverness" - seems to imply he won't be around for long!

That is the case with most footballers. They have to move where the work is. Make him welcome he may want to stay for life :ponder:

I have seen him play many times. As part of my job I have to watch Macc Town play on a regular basis. Ross is a sensible lad on and off the pitch. He always gives his all, he is a hard tackler and a good passer of the ball. I hope he manages the step up to the higher level.

Lets face it - we have got four potentially worthwhile signings. The positives to me are that Butcher has evidently mainly sought out players with a degree of experience- and the level that they have been playing at - sad to say - is not far away from the modern day SPL standard. He also has a trio of players in Draper, Warren and Raven who are "leaders", have captaincy experience and certainly sound as if they have fought for the cause or the shirt at previous clubs. Oswell and Pepper may well be extremely raw but at least Oswell has a history of scoring goals - and again irrespective of the level - he clearly is a budding goalscorer and that is what we have all been shouting for. The squad may not be complete but there is now a fair mix of experience and potential in there and Scots as well. I fer one am glad that we have left the loan signings to last and lest hope that the injury prone last the pace. We may well have to accept that this year is the consolidation period and the aim must to be to keep this lot together for next season. My lingering worry is that Terry and Mo can alter their styles and man manage, influence and nurture this squad.

Should have added that Reguero is potentially the shrewdest signing of the lot. For the last couple of seasons we have been so fortunate to have Esson and Tuffey - this season again we are one of a very few clubs who have such a capable back up and/or competition fer the No 1 spot.

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER
  • Agree 4

Understand where RossP is coming from, he seems quite a big chunky guy (not as big as bobby Mann) and looked a bit slow and cumbersome compared to the others, seemed to try and pass the ball about a bit but not always very well, However it was a crap day for a game of football and I will reserve judgement until they get the chance to know each other better.

Hmm... after his performance (and body mass) today, I wouldn't hold out too much hope on him being a match winner this season...

Excellent pies and beer in Macclesfield, obviously been enjoying his summer break :rasta: