FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Celtic

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I am not very good at these things but i will give it a go this week, probably unsuccessfully though :(.

Reguero

Raven, Meekings, Warren, G.Shinnie

Tudur-Jones, Draper/Foran

Roberts, A.Shinnie, Doran

McKay.

As much as we were shocking defensively today, i would stick with them for Saturday to see if they can redeem themselves and also, i don't agree with dropping players just because they played poorly the week before.

Is Draper going to be fit for this one, he is a massive loss.

----------------------------Reguero--------------------------

---Raven----Meekings-------Warren------ShinnieG----

---------------Tudor-Jones------Draper------------------

-------Doran-----------ShinnieA----------Foran-----------

------------------------McKay----------------------------------

Draper drives our team, it's pretty clear from the last two games. He is so direct and aggressive in the middle of the park, without him we find it difficult to establish the pressing game that's vital to what we've done well in the last few games.

The back four were horrific yesterday but I think we need to stick with them. The errors were individual and they've all done well for us this season. We don't want to get back to the chopping and changing of last term.

Foran is vital for these games, Roberts' form has dipped the last few games (naturally for a young player) and having Foran offers an outlet if we need to go more direct and from set pieces, which will be important at Celtic Park where we might not be able to establish possession. I like Billy McKay up front, he offers us options into the channels and can hold the ball up to allow us to push up the park.

Edited by ictchris
  • Agree 3

An attacking 4-3-3 for me. Foran only seems to play when played up top. With that in mind I'd play -

Reguero

Raven Warren Meekings G.Shinnie

Draper A.Shinnie Jones

Doran Foran McKay

Subs - Esson, Roberts, Pepper, Sutherland, Morrison, Brislen-Hall, Cooper

If Draper is still out, put Morrison in his place.

I shudder to think what the scoreline would be if we went with a 4-3-3 at CP Rene.

Remember, they've got a midweek game in Portugal before this fixture. We need to take the game to them. Get the ball forward, get it in the box, get in their faces and put them under pressure!

• Agree 1

reguero

raven warren meeking shinnie

doran otj draper/morison brislan hall

a.shinnie

foran

foran will cause efe ambrose some problems. efe ambrose doesnt seem to like a physical contest so i reckon foran could rile him.

gbh in from the start hard work and enough pace to cause problems, also has experience as a defender so could be a bonus against an attacking celtic side.

I shudder to think what the scoreline would be if we went with a 4-3-3 at CP Rene.

Remember, they've got a midweek game in Portugal before this fixture. We need to take the game to them. Get the ball forward, get it in the box, get in their faces and put them under pressure!

We would score, that's a certainty. I just get the feeling they would score far more than us!

Renegade's team is basically the same as mine with Foran playing centrally. I've not really seen anything that suggest McKay would be better playing wider. I think having the twin outlets of Foran in the air on the left of the '3' and McKay through the middle to chase through the channels gives us a good chance of pushing up the park, pressuring Celtic and playing the game in the right areas.

Although Celtic haven't been that good in the league this season, and have dropped points at home to St Johnstone, Killie and Hibs, you have to expect them to win here. I would be absolutely delighted with a point but am really just hoping for a decent performance. Sunday reminded me very much of the home game to Celtic, lack of pressure, poor energy and glaring individual errors from our defensive players. If we reverse that I'll be reasonably pleased.

Important to hold the midfield and bring the backs up too, Celtic prone to running offside and lazy getting back, Samaras especially. We need a good ref for this though hope the SPL have one.

Weaknesses in Celtic defence are the inside positions, bombard the defence with shots against them and make the rebounds pay dividends.

An early strike would deflate them after their loss tonight', Celtic have a lot on their minds now their tempers could fray very easily and very quickly.

It will be a very hard and rough game but if we score one we will get more

The Team, well much as Renegade says but with McKay centre and a sub ready to replace Foran who will not stand the pace in this one as the pace has to be really fast for us to win. If young B-H is as fast as people say then maybe he could play the ace card for us along with A S

Finally yes we do need Draper I JUST HOPE HE IS FULLY FIT.

Important to hold the midfield and bring the backs up too, Celtic prone to running offside and lazy getting back, Samaras especially. We need a good ref for this though hope the SPL have one.

Weaknesses in Celtic defence are the inside positions, bombard the defence with shots against them and make the rebounds pay dividends.

An early strike would deflate them after their loss tonight', Celtic have a lot on their minds now their tempers could fray very easily and very quickly.

It will be a very hard and rough game but if we score one we will get more

The Team, well much as Renegade says but with McKay centre and a sub ready to replace Foran who will not stand the pace in this one as the pace has to be really fast for us to win. If young B-H is as fast as people say then maybe he could play the ace card for us along with A S

Finally yes we do need Draper I JUST HOPE HE IS FULLY FIT.

Callum Murray

It wont happen but I would go.

Reguero

Raven Foran Warren G.Shinnie

McKay Draper OTJ Doran

A.Shinnie Roberts

At the start of the season I said that we needed 4 Richie Forans. Well I still feel we need one. In the pre season Foran's performances as a central defender were "divine". At the back he can lead the team but he has also got to be concentrating so much on his own game that he wont have much time for vemon. It would be unfair on Meekings but we still need more composure at the back and somebosy with the ability to play accurate shorter passes to feed the likes of Doran and OTJ.

I would love to see how McKay would fare in the wide rite slot. He has the pace and energy to defend and to go forward. To me he has considerably more potential in that position than Shane or Roberts and Pepper aint ready yet. It would also give TB a real opportunity to swop systems.

Andy Shinnie would benefit from not being in Foran's shadow and could rove to his hearts content. Roberts is far from the finished article but I just sense that he is a centre forward. Shure Foran is better than he is but when foran plays there we tend to use the "hoof" and Foran is a target 90% of the time and that wastes Shinnie. Roberts has considerably more pace and movement. If only we could have a Rasta Paddy.

If Draper isnt available then I would play Foran in the middle and Meekings at the back. Morrison and OTJ played like strangers last week. OTJ and Foran to me are more suited.

The team needs draper, the midfield relies too much on Foran when Draper is out

ageed drapers the in your face player weve lacked. hes like a giant lee cox. (but better)

I agree, it would def put the Celtic players off if we got in their face with some giant Cox.

• Agree 1