FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Andy Shinnie to Birmingham City

Dargo20

He's a decent player- good luck to him and it's understandable that he should be ambitious to play in a wealthier league.I hope the Caley Curse that seems to be on players that go on to 'better things' doesn't follow him though. I mean look at Ian Black!

• 3 weeks later...

Sad to see him go, he was a big part of this season's success, but wish him well in his future endeavours, especially as he is not going to another team in Scotland.

• 2 weeks later...

He is likely to earn more in those three years than if he spent the whole of the rest of his career at ICT and the standard of the English second tier is probably better than our top tier. The crowds, exposure and atmosphere are certainly better. In addition, it has also become apparent that Gordon Strachan favours English based players over domestic ones.

It would have been good to see him in an ICT shirt for another season but I understand his motives and wish him well.

• Agree 1

As long as Birmingham dont do a Sevco it could be a promising move...at least he is going to try his luck in a better league, good luck to him i guess.

People are going to have a hernia at this but anyway - this game on Saturday is arguably one of our biggest ever.  We need to play players from the start who are going to go out there and win it and put in 100%.  Going by recent performance, Andrew Shinnie is not one of them.  He looked uninterested on Sunday and hasn't been giving it a full whack since he's known he's offski.

Have him on the bench by all means, but I'd been playing Foran, Ross or even his brother in the "hole role" over him on Saturday.

Edited by Renegade

That is going to be an interesting dilemma for TB and you couldn't blame him for either sticking with him or benching him - For once that is in the realms of Terry and Mo only as they are in the best position to judge his psyche. The lad can be a match winner and then he can be as irritating as Bughtmaster.

For his sake hope he has not dashed for cash too early (Rooney) he has had only  1 good season here

regardless wish him well

It is a loss but at leaset  Terry and all will now Know and be able to spend that part of the wages budget

For his sake hope he has not dashed for cash too early (Rooney) he has had only 1 good season here

regardless wish him well

It is a loss but at leaset Terry and all will now Know and be able to spend that part of the wages budget

Good luck to him, been terrific in his time here, can only hope Tel unearths another gem (or Shinnie) of similar quality. His parents will be P O'd, they ll have to go between Inverness and Birmingham now to watch their lads play.

Agree with IHE that Terry can only judge where his head is right now. Having got things signed up he might feel pressure off lets play or bugger this don't want injured. Its no time for experiments though right now.

Anyway, he's been great this season (in our system - when it was working great - better shut up) and good luck to him.