FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Score in Brora

izzy

Not sure what the team was but Doran, Vincent and Raven started the game after recent injury problems and Tremarco got a run out in the second half. No idea about the rest of the team but heard it was a pretty strong line up

ICT - Ryan Esson, David Raven, Graeme Shinnie, Ross Draper, Gary Warren, Josh Meekings, Billy Mackay, Ben Greenhalgh, Richie Foran, Aaron Doran, Nick Ross.   Subs: James Vincent, Danny Devine, Danny Williams, Liam Polworth, Matthew Cooper, Carl Tremarco, Adam Evans, Cammy Mackay (GK).

Brora - Ally Ridgers, James Ross, Ally Macdonald, Ross Tokely, Dale Gillespie, Gavin Morrison, Andrew Greig, David Hind, Zander Sutherland, Steven MacKay, Ryan Watson.  Subs: John Campbell, Liam Baxter, Jack MacKay, John Allan.

Note - no prizes for spotting all the ex ICT players in the Brora team.  Zander's goal a lovely lob over Ryan Esson and his celebrations afterwards quite a picture!

Thanks Lizi

how did Tremarco show up?

wonder what sort of line up will be on show at Clach tonight

Tremarco only came on late in the 2nd half so not enough time on the park for me to pass judgement.    Dave the Rave and Aaron Doran went off at half time.   Of the "newbies" Danny Williams impressed, as did James Vincent.

Edited by lizi

First off, apologies for no updates via club Twitter account, Brora isn't blessed with much in the way of a 3G signal.

Like the Elgin match, the Brora game didn't provide much by way of classic entertainment.  Brora came out all guns blazing for the first 15 minutes and kept us a little on the back foot but we coped with it well and stopped them doing to much to threaten the goal.  We started to take control of the game from there despite Brora being quick to close us down and trying to foil our passing game.

Doran had a great game as #10.  He looked a lot more confident and decisive in his play and showed no signs of the hesitancy that sometimes thwarted him last season.  He was running plays straight through the middle and also cutting out to the edges of the box and knocking balls back across goal pretty regularly....one of which resulted in our first goal when it evaded the head of Tokely and was brought down by Mckay and despatched into the back of the net.  I think we missed Doran in the second half.

Nick Ross and Ben Greenhalgh were doing well out wide and I can't wait to see them play a game on a wider/longer pitch where they'll really come into their own.

Richie was his usual passionate and vocal self, keeping the players on their toes and issuing directions.  With some of the knocks and things he's had over the last couple of seasons I have to admit to having been a little concerned about just how much more he could take, but he's looking a lot leaner this season and I suspect he might actually be in the best physical form he has ever been since joining ICT.

Raven looked a bit rusty to start with, but that's to be expected as this is his first game of the pre-season...not helped by the fact that he had the worst area of the park for bumps and hollows to operate in.

Graeme Shinnie continues to be what I call "The biggest wee guy I know".  Solid as ever in defence and should continue to pose a threat going forward this season.  Time off doesn't seem to have impacted on him at all and he looks every bit as fit now as he did at the end of last season.

Warren and Meekings are the same...obviously worked hard to maintain fitness over the summer and it's like we'd never had a break.

Draper is going to be the "unsung hero" of the squad I think (I mean that in a very positive way).  He rarely puts a foot wrong and is a real rock in the middle of the park.  It's all "no nonsense" solid football which rarely gets the plaudits and recognition it deserves, but will continue to be vital for us this season.

Just like the Elgin game, this was a tough one for Mckay who often attracted the attention of 2 (or more) defenders and had to work in an often packed defence.  In saying that, he was getting in to some nice positions, making some nice runs and dropping back/wide to assist when needed.    He was linking especially well with Doran and once they get a few more games working together in their current rolls (assuming Doran is kept there) then I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they will prove even more effective than the Shinnie/Mckay combo.

James Vincent came on in the second half to replace Doran and whilst I think we missed Doran, Vincent looks like he could be more than adequate cover for that position...and perhaps even as cover for Mckay.  This is handy (and interesting) because he has already shown that he can also fulfil the job done by OTJ last season.  I don't think he'll struggle to get game time this season, just not sure where yet.

That's everyone I can remember seeing enough of to give a view/opinion...and I grow more confident for the campaign ahead with each game because we continue to work as a unit despite the many changes in player that you witness pre-season.

• Agree 5

Yeah thanks CaleyD, very pleasing to hear that Vincent is equally adept at playing in an advanced role as he is at a defensive role. I had previously heard he was used primarily in a defensive midfield position. Delighted to hear that Doran is looking impressive playing as #10 as I was quite worried how we would replace Shinniesta

Danny Williams show up well?

Williams showed up well in the 2nd half, beat his man a few times and got some crosses in, fluffed a good chance to add a 3rd towards the end. He looks quite pacy. Looking forward to seeing him more, as CaleyD said thought Vincent looked quite impressive, quick passing and some neat touches. 

Take the reports of CaleyD post no 14 and that of asjict no 21 and there you have the match in a nutshell as far as the ICT performance went. Good summarising lads!

Of the newcomers I was particularly impressed with the positioning, pace and effort of Williams when he came on, he is going to make a fine winger and linked well with Graham Shinnie.

A few refinements and a bit of sharpening up required by all, including Richie Foran who was far from blameless on three occasions when the passing broke down but by gosh the potential is there for ICT to go from strength to strength this season.

It will be interesting to find out our final eleven, Terry has a task on his hands there but in a good sense I'm pleased to say.