FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Announcement re Managerial Situation

CaleyD

I really hope hearts turns their season around and hibs get relegated that would mean butcher and mo would get fired.... all they deserve.

BACKSTABBERS is the only word that comes to mind!

siding with those charity robbing swines isnt the answer . perhaps if your lot had got off they asses and went to see your great time topping the league - terry would still be with you . he put you on the summit of scottish football and you reward him with home crowds of 2000

theyre not backstabbers , just sick of winning games in an empty stadium

Agree with bdu98196 in the success TB and MM brought to Caley but very disappointed on the way their departure has been dealt with especially Butchers alleged neutral appearance in Hibs main stand on Sat ....may have redeemed himself if he had made some kind of acknowledement to the Loyal ICT fans who have been there in good times and bad...At least Mo saw it out to the end .

I wish the team and whoever takes over great success for future .

• Agree 5

Don't know who Alucard is but don't think TB would be impressed with poor turn out of Hibs fans on Sat and by the end of game the stands were almost empty as they all walked about 20 mins before end .How can you compare numbers when you are talking about a Inverness (wee piddly team from the Highlands )compared to a team from the Capital .Maybe you should get things in perspective .Terry knew what he was taking on when he took the job in Inverness .

Wow, some really negative posts on here and such hostility towards TB & MM now - how quick people are to turn. So we had a management duo that got us promoted from D1 first time of asking, rejuvenated the team by making unpopular choices and removing players who were proven to be past their best, brought a exciting and attacking style of play, gave us our first ever top 6 SPL finish and missed out on Europe by a whisker, taken the team to 2 cup semi-finals in a row.................yet all that if forgotten because like everyone in life they decided to try a new challenge with the inevitable additional cash.

Achievements forgotten? No way. Fans quick to turn? Oh yes.

The girlfriend analogy has already been used, but it's a good one. Almost 5 year with the girl of your dreams, you're happy and planning for your future, when she suddenly dumps you for someone else. At that stage you are entitled to view her a bit differently.

Now, if she's running away with Brad Pitt, you've got to think wow, fair play. Perhaps we can still be friends?

But when she's leaving you for one of the extras from Trainspotting and is obviously ruining her own life as well as yours.....

• Agree 12

Terry and Mo have been huge successes here and have brought me some of my best memories as an ICT fan. They have transformed this club into a real force in Scotland and that will never ever be forgotten. They have taken this club to its peak in our short history and given the resources they have had available it is a huge achievement and one which is truly remarkable.

Whilst I have huge gratitude for what Terry and Mo have done for this club the way they have left has left a bit of a sour taste. He rejected Barnsley as he loved it up North and felt he had unfinished business up here. Well i'm sure in less than a year the Highlands haven't changed that much for him to feel he wanted to move away. Likewise if he felt he unfinished business back then then i would say that is the case now more than ever. We are in the semi-final of the cup and sitting in second position so to leave now blows that notion out of the water. This could potentially be ICTs best ever season and he has seen fit to jump ship for, IMO, a lesser job than he could have secured if he had seen the season out.

This parting of the ways has seen ICT come off the better IMO in that we are in a very strong position on the field and have the chance now to recruit a management team to carry on the good work Terry and Mo started. Looking at Terry and Mo's prospects then they have one heck of a job to turn around that club and given the impatience of the board at Hibs then i cant honestly see them getting that long to turn it around.

Its a strange feeling i have today, disappointed to have lost Terry and Mo but optimistic for what lies ahead. To coin a cliche but one which is very applicable, onwards and upwards

• Agree 1

Let's face it fer fecks sake. Our success was based firmly on a TEAM basis. Butcher certainly was a figurehead and was a media joy. His mere reputation and ability to sell snow to Eskimos set him apart. Varsella did the scouting, Malpas and others a lot of the coaching, Cameron & Co keeping the club solvent. I suppose I never forgave him for the manner he treated Munro and Tokely and some others. I know fer a fact that a few season ticket holders left becos of Butcher..

But he will go down in history as our most successful manager. He did get us recognition and, despite tactical doubts by many, he took us to a place we may never have dreamed off. But potentially the only way is up. Let's hope the players are as maddened by his recent actions as others. I am sure he will look fer some of the credit if we do summat this season but so what.

Bring it on. Caley Till I die. And my final comment - WHAT else would you expect from a narcissist .?!!!!!!

• Agree 1

At least we have a new challenge to finish above Hibs as well as County now.

What?

Have you forgiven a flock of seagulls for taking Pele? Jam Tarts for Robbo and Arabs for Brew?

Feck em all.

As ever, onwards and upwards, you'll never beat the Caley! 

Agree with bdu98196 in the success TB and MM brought to Caley but very disappointed on the way their departure has been dealt with especially Butchers alleged neutral appearance in Hibs main stand on Sat ....may have redeemed himself if he had made some kind of acknowledement to the Loyal ICT fans who have been there in good times and bad...At least Mo saw it out to the end .

I wish the team and whoever takes over great success for future .[/quote

Agree totally. I don't think some of the folk not there on Saturday understand how awful his behaviour was. It leaves a very sour taste tbh and shows TB wasn't the man we thought he was. However I thank him for what he has done and we all have great memories. Excited to sed who comes in now!

I can just about take a manager abandoning his team during the playing season if they go off to another league / higher level / or go to a team they already have an affiliation with.  Paterson was with us for 7.5 years before he moved up a league, which I can understand.  Robbo went to Hearts when they came calling and Brewster went to Dundee United.  I can't blame Robbo and Brewster for wanting to go to teams that they had such strong bonds with already.

When a manager leaves a team to join a team in the same league, that they have had no previous affiliation with and join them during the playing season, I find this disrespectful to the players and the supporters.  However this happens with many managers of various clubs. 

Since Terry Butcher came into management 23 years ago, he has won one trophy.  The Scottish First Division.  I really believe he would have won another trophy this season with Inverness.  Butcher did a great job with ICT.  I will look back on his time with many fond memories, but ultimately he is yet another journey man football manager.  Thanks for the memories but it will always be tainted by his appearance in the Hibs board room before the match on Saturday and his declaration to the journalists that he was there as a neutral.  Highland heart my erse. 

Two years ago, Terry Butcher signed a new contract at our club when we were sitting bottom of the league and playing terrible football.  Hibs will not be so loyal if he finds himself in a similar situation down in Leith. 

Edited by CapitalCaley
  • Agree 9

Nacissists

Oh no! not more bliddy bloomers................. I thought that bulb had fused.

I said final feckin comment - and it will be - I suspect that I got my point across succinctly and have succeeded in ensuring that most posters - except the co-dependent and the brainless - will recognise the traits in the future and never succumb to the false charms.

You need a recipe to bake a cake but useles unless you have the ingredients....and ICT have the ingredients.

Lets put the icing on the cake with a cup win !!!!

Well Terry will not be making any bake off competition unless suet feckin pudding becomes a popular product in Leith.

For the first time in my life I might actually support Ross County when the play Hibs in the Scottish Cup later this month. While we're getting through to the next round Hibs will hopefully come a cropper.

• Agree 1

as far as it stands marsella is still with us. Butcher was asked just now on SSN about him and whether he was coming but he was non committal. He said of the starting 11 on sat marsella found 7, butcher 2 and 2 through the youth obviously Graeme and Nick. Shows how important we try and keep him  

Acrimony like this is rarely because  a person decides to move on or better him/herself. Everybody has the right to do that.

In this case it's simply about the way it has been engineered by Mr. Butcher and Hibs and the way it has progressed--especially sitting in the stand as reported and in the Boardroom prior to the game if I read reports correctly? No one could have faulted him for being in the CaleyThistle dugout throughout the match since he was still the ICT's Manager. If the HIbs fans missed that little play then they had better remember it for the future because a leopard does not change it's spots  To me that is unforgivable and showed both cowardice and disloyalty and contempt for the team that has brought HIM to prominence also. This is a two-way street and is not just about how great HE was--as someone said above, this was a team effort.

And I remain unconvinced that this was not in the works for  many weeks, not just in the flurry of the last few days. This is all too sudden and fast to be believable because the Board at Hibs must have been thinking about this change of Manager for a long time and surely could be expected to have made some moves to test the way the Managerial winds were blowing before Mr. Fenlon resigned or would have been fired. How? By making a few private telephone calls ........

And let us not forget that he had signed a contract and is very lucky that Mr Cameron allowed him to set it aside. Of by suing him for breach of contract if he resigned without a very good reason to support such an action. If he had sued Mr Butcher then I can't help but wonder how that would have affected the view of Butcher's character in football quarters going forward into the future. I sincerely hope that the compensation the club received is well over the 100,000 pounds suggested because this is just unethical nonsense. 

• Agree 5