FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The case of Torbjorn Agdestein

Hansylanzy

We certainly won't miss Toby's goals BUT getting a suitable replacement isn't easy. What we need is a striker who :

- knows he isn't going to be first choice and will only get a few minutes here and there, usually when we are losing

- isn't expecting much in terms of wages

- is available

- doesn't have a problem with our geography

- is good enough for a top 6 side

Our current youngsters can certainly tick the first 4 boxes, but getting any sort of proven scorer at this level presents a challenge for Hughes.

County have just loaned in a £1.8m striker, but loaning is trickier for us because managers loan players out to get guaranteed first team experience, which we can't offer.

I am reliably informed that there will be a surprise 6 month signing soon - in the target man category.

I don't know if it is 'fishing' but I seen suggestions on twitter about Stefan Maierhofer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Maierhofer

Him and Billy Mckay might be a decent pairing.

Edited by ICTRoughi

If his deal has expired and he has not signed a new one, then he has left the building.  No?

Whether you take their statements as confirmation or not, I think I'll take their word for it.

Edited by Renegade

We don't know if he's signed a new contract or not, so until the club comment then it's speculation.  Even if it turns out he hasn't then it's the speculation that's proven to be correct.  In short....whatever way you cut it, it's speculation and not confirmation.

We don't know if he's signed a new contract or not, so until the club comment then it's speculation.  Even if it turns out he hasn't then it's the speculation that's proven to be correct.  In short....whatever way you cut it, it's speculation and not confirmation.

Surely though had he signed a new deal, particularly as his deal is now up, that would've been announced by now instead.

I highly doubt we'll be seeing him in an ICT shirt again.  Not that we'll miss him of course, he never really looked that great.

Surely though had he signed a new deal, particularly as his deal is now up, that would've been announced by now instead.

.....with the headline "Torbjorn Again" !

I am reliably informed that there will be a surprise 6 month signing soon - in the target man category.

I don't know if it is 'fishing' but I seen suggestions on twitter about Stefan Maierhofer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Maierhofer

Him and Billy Mckay might be a decent pairing.

A 6ft 7in striker sounds good .....

Oops 6ft 71/2 in .....that 1/2 in could make all the difference