FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Semi Final Build-Up Thread Spectacular!

Renegade

I grew up reading Enid Blyton books, so I'm delighted that we are housed in the stand that Hibs rather surprisingly named after her most celebrated series, the Famous Five.  Who'd have thought that Leith folk would have been moved to pay such a tribute by those boarding school kids and their summer holiday adventures.

Hopefully we'll have plenty of jolly japes, ending of course with lashings of ginger ale.

Some of the fruitier Leith establishments will (for a price) be happy to provide plenty of lashings. Who knows, maybe you'll even get a happy ending on Sunday?

"Ten buses, carrying around 500 fans, will now make the trip with Caley Thistle having nearly sold out their allocation of 1900 tickets they were given for Sunday’s semi-final." 

1900 is ok considering the circumstances.

Crusher are you the new wordy worthy on here. Hope so. The site needs a bit of a freshen up-at times a bit too negative and doleful.

Ha Ha! Enid Blyton et al.

Oh well,  so long as the larger boys did not whiz on you, instead of quizzing you, alles ist gut. Ha ! Ha! :smile:

Just buzzed to get back and see us make another go of it, no doubt the likes of Doran, Foran, Draper and the rest of the lads who played in the previous semi final will be keen to bury Hearts and put the heartbreak of last season behind them.

I'm buzzin for it!  :ictscarf:

• Agree 1

Was it not the case that if we had gone through last year v. Hearts, we would've been missing 3 or 4 of our first 11 due to suspension in the final? Billy Mckay I remember would've been one.

I recollect some of that as well.  IIRC, Mckay, Meekings and Warren would all have missed the final.  How we've gotten out of this, I do not know.  I consulted the SFA bookings/suspensions sheet a couple of months back and only Foran was on it (one Scottish Cup match).  Presumably the players in question did their suspension in the league?

Why not the good old

We're going to win the cup

Were going to win the cup

Ee aye Adeee oh

Were going to win the cup

And boy you'd better believe us

We're going to win the cup

Whispered even quitet

Edited by jagster