FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Semi Final Build-Up Thread Spectacular!

Renegade

I am getting increasingly concerned.

We have been largely poor since the new manager arrived and the players are becoming less confident.

Hearts, on the other hand, seem to be coming onto a bit of form with a good performance and result last week against St Johnstone and an even better one this week against Ross County.

Unless we are fully focused and committed we could be in trouble.

• Agree 2

Come on guys - more positivity required! Form is irrelevant for these games - whoever harnesses the nerves/excitement the most effectively will win. It's for occasions like this that we support the team and it's why the game is played! The blood is pumping and life is good!

• Agree 3

Come on guys - more positivity required!

Don't read this then!

As I mentioned elsewhere, based on form since the teams last met, this is a battle between the 2 worst teams in the league - both have just 5 points from their last 7 games. (Although Dundee Utd could actually go bottom of that particular form table if they don't win tonight, which is quite surprising for a team supposedly full of multi-million pound talent.)

• Agree 1

I just don't think there is much justification for us to be talked up as favourites for this one.  There's a lot to be nervous about.

Strangely, I'd be much happier if we were facing the likes of Aberdeen or Motherwell (and not just because the game wouldn't be getting played in their home city!).

I must admit I'm with yngwie on this one, before Christmas I was positively bouncing for this but with all the results since it is more trepidation rather than expectation . However a couple of beers at the four in hand or Iona before the game and I'll be totally confident again. As is the way of a fickle football fan

Enjoy the build up and enjoy the day.

The team has done a lot to get this far, enjoy that fact, our wee club with a big team are in a semi final 2 years in a row.

Well done ICT, its now up to you if you want to go that step further.

Edited by 12th Man

Well this is probably the post that many wanted to make but were too fearful too. We were on a considerably more level playing field with the Jam Tarts last season and we frankly blew it and then we blew it the feckin week after as well. As far as I am concerned we should be marching in to a League Cup Final and a Scottish Cup Quarter Final in the equivalent week this season. Personally I am more worried about Stranraer than I am about the Jam Tarts. Come on - on paper, on form, with as close to a first eleven as we would have wanted - this is ours fer the feckin taking. BELIEVE :ictscarf:

• Agree 2