FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT -V- Kilmarnock

Scotty

great start to the day ... now onwards to the TFC match this afternoon which could see USA midfielders Michael Bradley and Jermaine Jones square up against each other after Jones signed for New England during the week .....

Another Brilliant result and another clean sheet so we cant complain , but we are still suffering that shots on target ratio  today 11 shots with 4 on target which I fear we need to improve and we bossed the possession the whole game the first half was 56/44 in our favour and at full time 60/40 in our favour.

So great start and even if Celtic win their 2 games in hand we will still be top :lol:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :clapoverhead:

Edited by Biggin

Hoping inverness will look like this on tonights weather report!

"A massive smug cloud is expected to travel north and collide with a whirlwind of anguish and desperation, the tragedy has already cost the adams family their jobs"

Edited by Ayeseetee
  • Agree 3

Another great result. Well done boys. Some folk were suggesting earlier that Killie could well end our unbeaten run. But 60% possession and

another clean sheet makes it sound as if it was quite comfortable for us.

Hope the International break now hasn't come at a bad time for us to spoil our momentum. I'd rather think that it gives us two weeks to help

get everyone fully fit so that Yogi has a full squad fighting for places.

Three points, two terrific goals and sunshine...I'll take that any day.

The game was hard work for long periods, but Killie were well organized and sat in a lot of the time, much like Dundee did.  It was so hard to carve them open, but in the second half they ran out of legs and there was much more space to operate in.  Doran's goal was beautifully worked, with a terrific assist from Williams, who I thought was outstanding today.  As for that Tansey strike...RiG has a word for those.  I daresay he'll be using it later.

Hard to pick out a poor performance today.  Aside from Williams, I was hugely impressed by the back four.  Draper looked very comfortable in that role, which is reassuring.  And some of Tansey's passing today was just gorgeous.

The possession football can be so frustrating, but most of our opponents will be more adventurous than that.  Not everyone is going to come up here and stick ten men behind the ball like Kilmarnock often did.  Well, they might if we're still top of the league...:-)

• Agree 1

Thunderous strike from Tansey that was arrowing into the narrowest space in the top corner, keeper tipped it onto bar/post and it bounced down off him into the net.......sweet.

Impressively deserved win with Killie just useless, but we made them look that way. Great move for Doran to nonchalantly slip in the opener and we never looked back.

Scottish football in 3000 crowd shocker :ohmy: give me a break :blink:

Overall I thought today was a teller on how well our passing style of play is coming on. The first half albeit being more even I felt that was due to the fact that both teams were set out very similar. I was very surprised in Kilmarnock today due to the fact they were not attacking as much and looked like they were set out for a draw.

Greg Tansey would be my man of the match today - his passing was outstanding as ever. I really liked the way that we are playing more diagonal balls to the wings rather than just sticking to narrow and along the ground. Josh Meekings was fantastic today as was Marley Watkins and Aaron Doran. - Doran should be first team starter from now on.

I was a little bit disappointed in Ryan Christie and felt at times he was playing himself in to trouble at times and could have supported Mckay a bit more. I felt sorry for Billy at times and felt he could have had someone beside him to get him a bit more service but there's not much he can do other than what he's doing at the moment.

Well deserved break next week and then on to Partick Thistle which should provide a good test!

Greg Tansey :notworthy:  what a strike

Another solid performance from us. Passing style still working and alot of nice movement with the ball. Draper fitted in fine at the back. Good to see Doran get a start as he's being great when he has come on as a sub. Be hard for yogi to drop someone for the partick game when warren is back. Also seeing Foran on the pitch before the game looks like a good sign.

3 Great Points
Another Clean Sheet

10/10 performance
Mon the Accies

:ictscarf:

A lot of talk about getting Billy and Shinnie on new contracts and after this start you've got to include Marley, Tansey, Josh and Dave the Rave in trying to get them signed up too.

Edited by Big G
  • Agree 1

First half was so-so but felt we really did have control of the game throughout. Greg Tansey's passing today was first class. Passing at the back was very assured as well and no real slip ups. Three points, clean sheet, 2 goals, top of league. Passing, movement and ball retention really was good we looked like a slick outfit. 

• Agree 1