FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Shifty Ciftci

Alex MacLeod

Only once in my life have I wished real ill will on an absolute rotter and, it happened!   Made some of my friends look at me in a different light!     I now wish real ill will on that thug - he is no advert for sport and/or sportsmanship and a dreadful example for young players who try their best for their Club.     May he come to grief soon, in any way possible - come on Celtic - give him a real do-ing where it hurts.

• Agree 1

Only once in my life have I wished real ill will on an absolute rotter and, it happened!   Made some of my friends look at me in a different light!     I now wish real ill will on that thug - he is no advert for sport and/or sportsmanship and a dreadful example for young players who try their best for their Club.     May he come to grief soon, in any way possible - come on Celtic - give him a real do-ing where it hurts.

Will need to refresh my memory of the site rules to check our current policy on voodoo and witchcraft....

Will need to refresh my memory of the site rules to check our current policy on voodoo and witchcraft....

You mean that if the rules don't currently allow it they will need to be changed!

Cifti song titles anyone.

It wasn't me.

posted for song titles only, not for lyrics which maybe inappropriate in some areas !

Great credit to the two compliance officers. 

In democratic societies, we all support natural justice having an appeals process.  However, there are ethical questions about Dundee United supporting two appeals for the same player involved in alleged  ''Violent Conduct by grabbing an opposing player by his face'' (Graeme Shinnie) and ''Excessive misconduct at a match by seizing hold of an Assistant Referee, namely Gavin Harris, by the throat'' and in the latest incident ' committed an act of Violent Conduct and deliberately struck an opposing player upon his neck or head with your arm'. 

So what was not proven? He did not commit an act. It was not violent conduct. It was not deliberate. It was not an opposing player. He struct Gary's shoulder or left arm. He struct his ICT shirt.

Has the SFA given detail of what was not proven?  See my underlining below: 

''Scotland's referees have reacted angrily to what they see as the lenient sentence handed down to Nadir Ciftci amid fears they could repeat their strike action of 2010.

The Dundee United frontman was issued with a two-match penalty — one suspended until the end of the season — for ‘excessive misconduct’ towards assistant referee Gavin Harris during a League Cup tie in October.

He had originally faced charges of ‘seizing hold’ of Harris ‘by the throat’ but that was downgraded to read ‘placing an open hand into the lower area of the assistant referee’s throat’ — allowing the SFA to impose a reduced punishment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2518208/Nadir-Ciftcis-lenient-sentence-sends-wrong-message-footballers-say-referees.html#ixzz3TgnSj5Pb ''
That would seem to suggest a player can ''place an open hand into the lower area of the assistant referee’s throat'' and not get sent off. SFA rules are that you will get a yellow card. 

Potentially excellent news for us.  Dundee United have a far better chance of winning with Cifti in there side than without him and I'd far rather play United in the semi-final or final than Celtic.

• Agree 1

As it stands he's scored the winner and will be banned for the semi final retrospectively after kicking Brown in the head. Pretty much the perfect scenario - unless Celtic come back...

Cited for kicking Brown in the head:

Alleged Party in Breach: Nadir Ciftci (Dundee United)
Match: Dundee United v Celtic (Scottish Cup) - Sunday, 8th March 2015

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 200: In that at the above game you committed an act of Violent Conduct and deliberately kicked an opposing player, Scott Brown of Celtic FC, upon the head.

I think the SPFL should offer him a one-way plane ticket back to Turkey ! what exactly does he have to do to be taken to task for numerous repeated sneaky tackles or actions. dirty dirty player (would type a different word that I seldom use but this is a family site !)

• Agree 1

Competition time - This is the third time the said Nadir has been subject to potentially serious disciplinary action. We do not know if Dundee United will appeal the latest 2 match ban but if they do - what will be their reason this time? Here is a starter:

'Scott Brown does not have a traditional head'

Competition time - This is the third time the said Nadir has been subject to potentially serious disciplinary action. We do not know if Dundee United will appeal the latest 2 match ban but if they do - what will be their reason this time? Here is a starter:

'Scott Brown does not have a traditional head'

"In Turkey, a kick to the head actually translates as "I admire you greatly as a person and I wish I could pull off a similar haircut." It should therefore be taken as a compliment."

The difference here is that the offence is against a Celtic player and therefore obviously far more serious.  A ban now could mean him missing the League cup final plus another key game against Celtic.  This will help Celtic in their quest for the treble and will mean he will be back to cheat the next time we play Dundee Utd.

The difference here is that the offence is against a Celtic player and therefore obviously far more serious.  A ban now could mean him missing the League cup final plus another key game against Celtic.  This will help Celtic in their quest for the treble and will mean he will be back to cheat the next time we play Dundee Utd.

He's already out of the LC Final. The ban would mean he misses the other two Celtic games.