FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scalpers, Bootleggers and Counterfeits

Renegade

Is there anything the club and/or the council can do to stop the sale of fake merchandise outside the ground?  Surely that's taking business away from the club and possibly in breach of the club trademark (if they have the rights to the name of course?)?

I suppose the other question is though, is what kind of self-respecting fan would buy any of that trash?

Saw a guy with United and ICT stuff on the way to the ground and assumed it was maarlon trying to punt some of his shite gear onto Inverness fans.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 4

Is there anything the club and/or the council can do to stop the sale of fake merchandise outside the ground?  Surely that's taking business away from the club and possibly in breach of the club trademark (if they have the rights to the name of course?)?

I suppose the other question is though, is what kind of self-respecting fan would buy any of that trash?

The club can only move them on from stadium property....despite us paying to have the road put in, we don't own it or the pavement.  So long as they have a street traders licence (or equivalent), then they can't be moved on from there by police/council unless they are blocking it or creating a nuisance.

With regards to copyright/trading off the clubs name.  That would require taking civil action which, for a club our size, would likely cost more than revenue lost to these guys.

Personally, I've found that these kind of traders don't take very kindly to people accidentally spilling tea, coffee, juice etc on their goods whilst trying to get past them. I have also seen one of them pack up and leave due to their being a terrible smell around his stall...was as if someone had been targeting that specific area with stink bombs or something...terrible behaviour, really.

• Agree 3

I don't see anything wrong with it. If they're producing products that people want to buy, fair play I say.

delboy.jpg

Wish I'd bought one of the Ronny Delia Treble scarves on sale outside Hampden from one of said entrepreneurs. It would probably be quite valuable now.

Edited by AlexJones