FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Graeme Shinnie

davieB

Amongst all the Cup Final excitement, let's not forget this'll be Graeme's last appearance in an ICT shirt. Let's hope his last act will be to lift that cup.

What a fantastic player he's been for us, and while I hate the thought of him going to Aberdeen, I fully expect him to move onto bigger things from them. Easily good enough to play top end Championship/bottom end Premiership level.

All the best Graeme, now make sure you'll be lifting that cup for us all come Sat evening.

Edited by davieB
  • Agree 9

It would be nice if we could do the minutes applause thing after 3 mins as he has been fantastic for the club and reading his column in the paper each day shows how much he loves the club even if he is moving on

• Agree 4

Good article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32908290

There's another, amusing, interview with him in the Highland News this week too where he divulges some interesting details on his teammates. 

It would be nice if we could do the minutes applause thing after 3 mins as he has been fantastic for the club and reading his column in the paper each day shows how much he loves the club even if he is moving on

The applause on 3 mins would be a great gesture I think.  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:
  • Agree 2

Graeme Shinnie has been a great servant and is likely to go on to great things but, while I perfectly understand his motives for leaving and joining his home town club for significant increase in salary the fact is he has chosen to leave early in his career and join one our major rivals.

For that reason, while I will cheer his every move and help raise the Hampden rafters if he goes up to lift the cup, I think a special round of applause is a bit much. If anything, a round of applause on 12 minutes for Dean Brill would be more appropriate.

I've got an even better idea....let's all just cheer for the full match in celebration of the entire team and all those who have come before and played their part in where the club is today.

• Agree 5

Let's not forget this could also be Nick Ross's last game, a hometown boy. As Caley D says all the players past and present have played a part and we should back the whole team for the whole game.

• Agree 3

Graeme Shinnie has been a great servant and is likely to go on to great things but, while I perfectly understand his motives for leaving and joining his home town club for significant increase in salary the fact is he has chosen to leave early in his career and join one our major rivals.

For that reason, while I will cheer his every move and help raise the Hampden rafters if he goes up to lift the cup, I think a special round of applause is a bit much. If anything, a round of applause on 12 minutes for Dean Brill would be more appropriate.

Why not have a minutes applause for one of our stand out players and faithful servants to the club in the years he's been here? I think we would all have preferred him to stay here and help us create more history. Yes, he's going to a rival club, but his reasons for going where more on a personal level and not financial. We should be thanking him for his service and this is one of the best ways we can show our gratitude.

• Agree 1

Why not just cheer, applaud and shout encouragement to all the players for the full 90 minutes .... everyone and anyone can have their own special reasons for clapping or singing louder in any given minute .... 

I will be cheering every kick of the ball tomorrow surrounded by a few friends and likely a bar full of Arsenal and Villa supporters who have no clue whats going on and little interest in the TV until 12:30.