Team for Dungdee

15 minutes ago, MacShimidh said:

OFW

MacKay   Warren   Meekings   Tremarco

Draper      Polworth

Doran        Cole         King

McKay  

With Billy back, I reckon the best chance to get him scoring is to play the system he was used to last time he was here - fullbacks have to focus on defence and feed the wide-men - who have to stay wide, not all get sucked into the middle. Cole has decent vision, and with Mulraney, King and Doran we have three players who are best when they play wide. Midfield is weak at the moment, but I think Polwarth and Vigurs could both do a job in there alongside Draper if they knuckle down.

Hoping for the best, but not super-confident. I don't think we've really adapted to losing Graeme Shinnie - Tremarco has been heroic going forward, but he doesn't have the same eye for a pass.

I think Billy King still out injured

2 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

I think Billy King still out injured

Vigurs in then, and hook him for Mulraney if he can't be arsed.

To be fair, he is our best set-piece taker by a long way - which is the second reason I'd drop Tansey.

4 hours ago, MacShimidh said:

OFW

MacKay   Warren   Meekings   Tremarco

Draper      Polworth

Doran        Cole         King

McKay  

With Billy back, I reckon the best chance to get him scoring is to play the system he was used to last time he was here - fullbacks have to focus on defence and feed the wide-men - who have to stay wide, not all get sucked into the middle. Cole has decent vision, and with Mulraney, King and Doran we have three players who are best when they play wide. Midfield is weak at the moment, but I think Polwarth and Vigurs could both do a job in there alongside Draper if they knuckle down.

Hoping for the best, but not super-confident. I don't think we've really adapted to losing Graeme Shinnie - Tremarco has been heroic going forward, but he doesn't have the same eye for a pass.

We will need to battle against Dundee so, for me , this midfield is too lightweight and no real support for Billy. Tansey of for Cole and Anier/Fisher in for Polworth. Is Mekings not supposed to still be out so would expect Raven to play.

Assuming fit is this who we have?

Foran
Gary Warren
Ross Draper
Owain Fon Williams
Liam Polworth
Scott Boden
Esson

Meekings?
Aaron Doran
Raven
Vigurs
Mulraney
Tremarco
Tansey
Horner??
McNaughton?
King
Sutherland
Mackay
Fisher
Brad Mckay
Cole 
Anier

.                Esson

Raven Mcart Mckay Tremarco

Doran Fisher Foran Draper Cole

.    .        Billy Mckay

Philosophy is akin to when Scotland ground out results against better teams under Walter Smith. Wingers stay wide.

If you insist Foran won't play himself, then Sutherland starts for me instead. Great wee player from what I've seen and not shy at workrate, maybe a bit light but merits a start at least. Possible replacement in Anier.  

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Northern_jaggie said:

If you insist Foran won't play himself, then Sutherland starts for me instead. Great wee player from what I've seen and not shy at workrate, maybe a bit light but merits a start at least. Possible replacement in Anier.  

Sutherland is now with the other Sutherland at Elgin City

Need to do some homework before posting yer teams. I'm not certain, but I don't think Foran is registered as a player. He certainly expressed his desire to concentrate on managing and said at the start of the season he was finished playing. Maybe CaleyD can right some wrongs.

I imagine Ritchie could register or play as a trialist, that was the case before as it was independent of the transfer window?  Didn't Ali just transfer on the 1st of Feb? News on Sutherland hasn't reached Germany here in the 48 hours since then.

Both suggestions are radical ill give you that though!!

3 hours ago, Northern_jaggie said:

I imagine Ritchie could register or play as a trialist, that was the case before as it was independent of the transfer window?  Didn't Ali just transfer on the 1st of Feb? News on Sutherland hasn't reached Germany here in the 48 hours since then.

Both suggestions are radical ill give you that though!!

Richie's last strart was the cup game against Hibs which was if I recall his first game in almost a year then and he was utter mince, I'm sure in the last 9 months with next to no training or game time I hardly think he will be our saviour. If anything he needs to be phoning and talking to any experienced manager or coaching contacts he has to try figure out how to defend and improve the playing style.

• Agree 2

From what I can gather these are the players out or struggling for tomorrow

Out

McNaughton

Horner

Meekings

Doran

Struggling

Raven

King

If King misses out that leaves us with one natural wide player in Mulraney. That means a good chance of a chronic lack of width in the team come 3pm a la Hamilton in midweek :cry:

• Agree 1

Well that is McCart on from the start. That could be a good pairing with Warren. Mckay and Anier up front. Brad and Tremarco at the back sounds sound. All depends on the midfield choices. STOP feckin talking about the TOP SIX. Notice how he stuttered a wee bit at the challenge question and the tone of his voice lowered. "They are all up for the challenge" :cry: Sack question and goes into defence mode. It clearly has been mentioned. No to the experienced "guide" puts him totally on the results chopping block. Too much emphasis on Mckay and Anier.

That to me was a false Foran and a totally (but understandably) rigged interview.

Good Luck tomorrow Richie :ictscarf:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, jagster said:

Just realised after watching the previews for tomorrow's game I haven't seen the post match interviews with players and manager after Hamiltom game. Is there a link somewhere. Cheers 

Check the Hamilton thread :stir:

• Agree 1

Esson

Raven.    McCart.  B Mackay.   Tremarco      

Tansey

Polworth.             Cole

Draper

Mckay.          Arnier

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, IBM said:

Check the Hamilton thread :stir:

Oops I see the problem. Could the interview not have been done on Wednesday when all the media staff employees of ICTFC  etc were at the stadium rather than doing it right after the game. It would have given Richie a little breathing space and a night to analyse what went wrong.  I might be wrong here but If we had won they might have managed :ninja:

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, jagster said:

Oops I see the problem. Could the interview not have been done on Wednesday when all the media staff employees of ICTFC  etc were at the stadium rather than doing it right after the game. It would have given Richie a little breathing space and a night to analyse what went wrong.  I might be wrong here but If we had won they might have managed :ninja:

The media team are vounteers and I think the players etc would have had a day off on wednesday