FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Graham Bayne

Harry Chibber

Since Black has his own thread I think it is only right Bayne got one... I though he was in a class of his own yesterday, he gave the perfect targetman performance.  Held the ball up, ran his *** off and even managed a wee jink when he was out numbered by three Celtic players in the corner.  I think it was by far the best performance I have seen from him in an ICT shirt, I doubted his ability at the start of the season, and to be fair, at that time he was not showing any real quality but this season he has come in to his own.  If any player deserved to be in the winning side yesterday it was Bayne... keep it up big'n :025: :025: :025:

Agree 100% Harry.  :021:

Bayne is a big favourite of mine, and great to see him playing so well just now.

I know that Dargo and Wyness had a great spell last season but for me our strike force has always (unless Bayne is seriously off form) got to be Bayne and 1 of the aforementioned.

everyone thought we would miss dargo and wyness especially for this game, however Bayne played a blinder yesterday and deserves a lot of credit. well done graham!!! keep up these performances for the rest of the season.

i think wilson and bayne was the perfect partnership yesterday upfront, with wilson playing just behind bayne. both played well along with black.

everyone thought we would miss dargo and wyness especially for this game,

We've missed Dargo from the moment he went off injured.

I'm not Baynes biggest fan, but fair play to him, he's been a much improved this season. No one can doubt he'll give 100% every game, just a shame he doesn't get a few more goals.

He did indeed play well and his work rate is phenomenal.

I have noticed that he gives away a lot of free kicks though, perhaps due to his robust style of play and is caught offside a bit too much for my liking (not blaming him for the 2nd goal being chalked off by the way).

its great to see bayne doing well

i really thought he was the weak link in our team last year but what a turn around it now means we have 3 top class strikers which few spl teams can boast particularly with falkirk and motherwell losing out to their top men in the summer

I managed to watch the game on Sunday - not easy from Bulgaria believe me - especially when the English League Cup Final is on the same day.

I will put my hand up and say that a few years ago I said that Bayne was not up to the job and slowly I have been forced to change my thinking.  I thought his performance at the weekend was excellent.  He may not be the most skillful of players but his work-rate and attitude are A+ and you cannot ask for more than that.  God knows how much ground he covered but his tracking back and closing down was tremendous. 

And if it wasn't for that pesky power outage I would have had him for first ICT scorer  :023:

our strike record:-

Craig Dargo played 21 (not many full 90 mins though) 9 goals = 1 goal ever 2.33 games

Dennis Wyness played 14(again not many full 90 mins) 3 goals = 1 goal every  4.66 games

Graham Bayne played 25 (very few substitutions) 7 goals = 1 goal every 3.75 games with 43% of those goals against the old firm.

Gary MacSwegan - played a couple of hours a few goals in the reserves.

When Dargo goes we are up the SPL creek without a striker not unless we can muscle someone away from Clach or SFL2 /3 club!!