FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The formation as I interperated it

Alex MacLeod

A lot of discussion on other threads about yesterdays formation. This is my interperatation:

Fraser

Tokely Dods Munro Hastings

Rankin McBain Duncan Black

Wilson

Bayne

After half time

Fraser

Hart Duncan  Black Rankin

Wilson

Bayne

Second substitution

Fraser

Hart  Wilson Duncan  Rankin

Bayne  McSwegan

Third sub

Fraser

Hart  McAllister Duncan  Rankin

Bayne  McSwegan

Any other thoughts.

Think you are possibly wrong on all counts :015: :015:

Fraser

Tokely    Dods    Munro    Hastings

Duncan

Rankin    Black    McBain

Wilson

Bayne

Fraser

Duncan

Hart    Black    Rankin

Wilson

Bayne

Fraser

Duncan

Hart    Rankin  Wilson

McSwegan

Bayne

Fraser

Duncan

Hart    Rankin    MacAllister

McSwegan

Bayne

There you go...  :001:

Sorry but the simplistic way I see it was:

Started game with one striker and it worked with Barry in support!

To end up with 3 strikers on the park for the last five minutes when trying to hold a 1 - 0 lead is shocking!

We cannot get 3 strikers on the park in a game where we are chasing the game trying to get back in it!!

I think what could have happened here is that the subs were chosen with the view that if we're losing by the last 15 mins  throw on a strike force as there would be nothing to lose. So the bench is made up of keeper defender midfielder and two strikers. Unfortunately with McBain getting injured the choices became poor. I also think McAllister was brought on partly to kill some time.

Think Alex is closer than RIG

I thought that when Black came off Rankin went into the middle and Wilson went wide left.

When Wilson came off Mcallister went wide left.

Don't think we changed formation much at all just personnel.

As CC had the most senior players players available on the bench I don't really see why he's getting so much grief.

I hear McBain went off with a hand injury!! What a girl  :006:

All this talk about formations and substitutions is a waste of time. The fact is that we failed to deal with the corner kick (poor marking by our defence) and we were too slow to close down Millar at the edge of our box. Nothing to do with tactics, substitutions or any other blarney - just failure to do the basics. With the way the game went (possession), I don't think anyone can say we deserved to win it but until CC sorts out the basic errors we are making we will lose more than we will win.

It actually ended up as:

Fraser

Dods                                                                            Hastings

Munro

Tokely

Duncan

Hart                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Rankin

McAllister

Bayne

McSwegan

Feckin disjointed and that far apart from each feckin other

All this talk about formations and substitutions is a waste of time. The fact is that we failed to deal with the corner kick (poor marking by our defence) and we were too slow to close down Millar at the edge of our box. Nothing to do with tactics, substitutions or any other blarney - just failure to do the basics. With the way the game went (possession), I don't think anyone can say we deserved to win it but until CC sorts out the basic errors we are making we will lose more than we will win.

I totally agree with that - so many these days are totally obsessed with formations & tactics and substitutions, when the team is crying out for a couple of decent players who can consistently make AND receive a pass.... that, plus the ability to go past opponents with a bit of pace and deliver the odd decent & accurate shot at goal.....

The back four on Sunday, with Blacks assistance actually defended pretty well....... until the last 3 minutes....

As the legendery Bill Shankly used to say "You don't need a university degree to be a good footballer - I've known guys who couldn't read or write but place a football at their feet and they would outwit anyone on the field"

Sadly Johnboy, those types are few and far between nowadays.

We are not needing world beaters here, we are talking about defenders attacking the ball in the box and using upper body strength to fend off their attack in the air. We didn't do it! We need players in all positions to close down early - we didn't do it! I would totally agree Johnboy - we defended well until the last 3 mins but as Grassa quotes today, these 2 situations have cost us around £300k. A fraction of that would get us 3 quality players, players we now need but probably can't afford because we are out of the cup.

caleyboy, if your going to front your post with my quote then please do it in context. My comment was in answer to the Bill Shankly quote. Someone you maybe never heard of cos you haven't grown up yet.

Go back to bed and think up your next useless post  :008:

caleyboy, if your going to front your post with my quote then please do it in context. My comment was in answer to the Bill Shankly quote. Someone you maybe never heard of cos you haven't grown up yet.

Alex.... there are plenty around even in this day & age, that have trouble reading & writing...!!  :023: