Sign in to follow this  
Jack Waddington

ICT Youth in Highland League.

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Intheness said:

The issue with taking over a team is that we then are subject to SFA player registration and then if we want to move players between the colts and the first we can only do it twice in a season. Having a colts would allow the club to move players freely between the first team and the colts 

If a colt team was to be made players wouldn’t be able to move freely. They would only be able to move during the January or summer transfer windows. I believe this was discussed when the old firm were trying to introduce them into league two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 1:28 PM, IBM said:

It will definitely not happen so the club will have to think of something else. 

The 'seer' has more competition! 

Highland League to proceed with odd number of teams after Cove Rangers promotion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48433142

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as we did many years ago our reserves could play the "free" team away from home. good experience for the youngsters and squad players not involved in first team that week. we could also do the decent thing and get big Dunk back in part-time to help out on Saturdays.

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IBM said:

The 'seer' has more competition! 

Highland League to proceed with odd number of teams after Cove Rangers promotion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48433142

That is not a premonition. It is called logical feckin thinking.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, caleyboy said:

as we did many years ago our reserves could play the "free" team away from home. good experience for the youngsters and squad players not involved in first team that week. we could also do the decent thing and get big Dunk back in part-time to help out on Saturdays.

Good call. I am not surprised by the decision of the Highland League.

Although it may have suited us, to have a Colts team from a higher tier would have compromised the integrity of their competition just in the same way as having Old Firm Colts teams in League 1 or 2 would compromise the integrity of the SPFL.

Playing the idle Highland League team on an informal basis worked for us before and there's no reason why it couldn't work now.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A meaningless fixture against a highland league team will not do anyone any good,  clearly.

The HL team will not want to get any injuries to players in what is basically a kick about  so there will be no real intensity - and this level of competition is no use for our youngsters, it would barely be enough for rehabbing injured players. 

I doubt they would be that happy to pay players for these games either as it's not really going to draw much of a crowd either is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Satan said:

A meaningless fixture against a highland league team will not do anyone any good,  clearly.

The HL team will not want to get any injuries to players in what is basically a kick about  so there will be no real intensity - and this level of competition is no use for our youngsters, it would barely be enough for rehabbing injured players. 

I doubt they would be that happy to pay players for these games either as it's not really going to draw much of a crowd either is it?

Aye because the highland league gets huge crowds. It's about fitness and development. Any game is better than no game and both sets of players would want to prove their worth.

  • Agree 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Good call. I am not surprised by the decision of the Highland League.

Although it may have suited us, to have a Colts team from a higher tier would have compromised the integrity of their competition just in the same way as having Old Firm Colts teams in League 1 or 2 would compromise the integrity of the SPFL.

Playing the idle Highland League team on an informal basis worked for us before and there's no reason why it couldn't work now.

I think it’s a good call to keep us out of the league but to keep it one slot empty is a bit ridiculous. There should be a level below where the likes of Banks O’Dee etc can gain access. For years the Highland League teams were shunned from the professional leagues and now they are doing it to their own. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I think it’s a good call to keep us out of the league but to keep it one slot empty is a bit ridiculous. There should be a level below where the likes of Banks O’Dee etc can gain access. For years the Highland League teams were shunned from the professional leagues and now they are doing it to their own. 

it sounds as if they want the league down to 15 teams

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Satan said:

A meaningless fixture against a highland league team will not do anyone any good,  clearly.

The HL team will not want to get any injuries to players in what is basically a kick about  so there will be no real intensity - and this level of competition is no use for our youngsters, it would barely be enough for rehabbing injured players. 

I doubt they would be that happy to pay players for these games either as it's not really going to draw much of a crowd either is it?

a national reserve league would be the ideal situation but we can't afford it. any other bright comments/ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Good call. I am not surprised by the decision of the Highland League.

Although it may have suited us, to have a Colts team from a higher tier would have compromised the integrity of their competition just in the same way as having Old Firm Colts teams in League 1 or 2 would compromise the integrity of the SPFL.

Playing the idle Highland League team on an informal basis worked for us before and there's no reason why it couldn't work now.

Feck me - I agree again. I think many of those games would have a competitive feel to them. It would allow the "squad" players to enjoy a good workout and the opposition would undoubtedly want to put one over us. I actually think that it would work better than it did before. Could add that we play as many of the games as possible away from home.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chairman of the highland league threw his teddy outbofbthe cot with his comments after banks of dee declined robbo on the league. It doesn't exactly make teams want to jump at the chance to join a patients thinks it's above the junior game.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much ado about nothing then--or so it appears from a long distance perspective anyway. DOH!

But you have scuppered my plan for Caley and Clach to merge so I am raising my eyes to heaven and uttering one IHE's whistles. In my case though it's just despair-air  because unless they do then I just don't see the fans of the town merging either and that's a real  pity.

To succeed , real change is often necessary and often that means a merger --- of money, title and heart.  i.e everybody's shoulder to the wheel!

But it looks to me, based on the comments above, that Clach is now never going to be a candidate for higher things and so why not just merge. I mean, just look at the general decline in Caley's fan base to date of those who actually attend games--meaning a huge negative in the prospects of building  savings for the future. Has this signal message penetrated the minds of the owners or managers of Caley Thistle yet? They are not going to support the club financially for ever and a day so either  the penny drops for all concerned or Caley will continue to slide farther down into mediocracy and financial despair .

And then what? I'll tell you--mediocracy alright and no Scottish cup , yes to continuing dwindling crowds, little finance available to bring on the youngsters and less and less real interest by the general population of Inverness. And, perhaps, even the dissolution of the club...?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you not recall the stubborn Ferry personality trait. Perhaps the way ahead is an Inverness County, bankrolled by Uncle Roy and plating in a state of the art stadium sited, shaped like a crocodile, by the Tore roundabout and a high speed train link, a Designer Outlet and two pubs - one for home fans and one for away fans.

 

croc.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Can you not recall the stubborn Ferry personality trait. Perhaps the way ahead is an Inverness County, bankrolled by Uncle Roy and plating in a state of the art stadium sited, shaped like a crocodile, by the Tore roundabout and a high speed train link, a Designer Outlet and two pubs - one for home fans and one for away fans.

 

croc.png

Almost came to pass but the talks broke down at the end as they could not agree whether the mascot should be a male red deer or a mythical monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Almost came to pass but the talks broke down at the end as they could not agree whether the mascot should be a male red deer or a mythical monster.

Unless you force breed them and use the unholy mess of a result as the mascot 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Almost came to pass but the talks broke down at the end as they could not agree whether the mascot should be a male red deer or a mythical monster.

Surely this is pure conjecture, and more suited to the Rumour Mill?

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

According to the Courier, we weren't accepted for a Colt side because of tight fixture scheduling, and we can give it a shot if there's still a gap in the table next season...

 

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/highland-league-not-closed-to-colts-team-178630/

Hopefully, by then, we will be back in the Premiership and playing once more in the Development League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

According to the Courier, we weren't accepted for a Colt side because of tight fixture scheduling, and we can give it a shot if there's still a gap in the table next season...

 

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/highland-league-not-closed-to-colts-team-178630/

That completely contradicts the same persons quotes in the press and journal who said that due to rule and legal issues regarding our youth team potentially being promoted if they won the league that there was no appetite or mechanism in place for our colt side to be permitted into the league. The same person then went on to say that banks of dee showed a lack of ambition by rejecting an invite to join the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Hopefully, by then, we will be back in the Premiership and playing once more in the Development League.

 

16 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

That completely contradicts the same persons quotes in the press and journal who said that due to rule and legal issues regarding our youth team potentially being promoted if they won the league that there was no appetite or mechanism in place for our colt side to be permitted into the league. The same person then went on to say that banks of dee showed a lack of ambition by rejecting an invite to join the league.

Yes it's just politics they want the Banks o' Dee.  As Kingsmills said hopefully we will be back in the Premiership and we can tell them to feck aff :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, IBM said:

 

Yes it's just politics they want the Banks o' Dee.  As Kingsmills said hopefully we will be back in the Premiership and we can tell them to feck aff :lol: 

Yeah and banks o Dee already told them to get tae 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 9:51 AM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

What about an Americanisation with a deep meaning - Kingsmill Inferno ?

Dalneigh United would sit well with me 🤩

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 3:34 PM, Scarlet Pimple said:

Much ado about nothing then--or so it appears from a long distance perspective anyway. DOH!

But you have scuppered my plan for Caley and Clach to merge so I am raising my eyes to heaven and uttering one IHE's whistles. In my case though it's just despair-air  because unless they do then I just don't see the fans of the town merging either and that's a real  pity.

To succeed , real change is often necessary and often that means a merger --- of money, title and heart.  i.e everybody's shoulder to the wheel!

But it looks to me, based on the comments above, that Clach is now never going to be a candidate for higher things and so why not just merge. I mean, just look at the general decline in Caley's fan base to date of those who actually attend games--meaning a huge negative in the prospects of building  savings for the future. Has this signal message penetrated the minds of the owners or managers of Caley Thistle yet? They are not going to support the club financially for ever and a day so either  the penny drops for all concerned or Caley will continue to slide farther down into mediocracy and financial despair .

And then what? I'll tell you--mediocracy alright and no Scottish cup , yes to continuing dwindling crowds, little finance available to bring on the youngsters and less and less real interest by the general population of Inverness. And, perhaps, even the dissolution of the club...?

 

Please, Pimple - don't talk like that ! 😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Och, Jock. Just for you ,I will never  opine like that again. Shoulders to the wheel now then.

UNLESS  you play at Fort George  and against the tough soldier lads who may not be quite up to the fitness levels of the  young Caley boys. But I am very sure the whole residents of the Fort will appreciate their efforts and the High Heid Yins on the base will love the opportunity to have their lads out of uniform and dressed -to- kilt for the occasion. Also an adventure for our youngsters who will deffo then be playing against men but not that much older than themselves I suppose.  I think that everyone involved will love the event, especially oor lads under the able stewardship of a couple of our supporters.            Oh My! I just know that IHE  and Alan will be the first  ones to volunteer?

And, Alan, the soldiers on the base will be asking you what exercises you use to get so fit-looking? Instant admiration is nae a bad thing, is it Thingme? :ictscarf::tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.